Midnight Confession

Playing the Player's Heart

I rolled over in bed again and again, just wondering why the hell I was so antsy. In fact, why was I so caught up with Soo Yun accepting that blondie in the first place? She could do whatever she wants; it's not even like I'm her mom. Hell, I'm not even a woman, as said so by my male body parts.

I flipped again so my belly was the side making contact with the mattress. After hearing the door knob turn with my bat-like senses, I grabbed the first thing my eyes would see: a book. I flipped it open, turning to a random page. By the time Soo Yun made it to our bedroom, I started pretending as though I was busy enjoying the story.


"Having fun reading, huh?" Soo Yun laughed, once entering in. I don't know exactly why she was laughing, but I just went along with it.

I looked up. "Well, yeah. This book is really interesting. You should read it sometime." I tried to sound convincing, though I'm sure it probably cam out as way too optomistic.


Nice one, Kikwang.


She laughed once again. "Pft. Kikwang, you do know the book you're reading is flipped upside-down right?"

 

I took a close look at the book, only to find that she was right. I instantly face-palmed my head, clearly embarrassed as to how stupid I could've been seen to her. But again, when did I ever care about what she thought about me? My eyebrows furrowed, and I was just in a bad mood at that moment. 

You could say that my head was hurting from all that thinking. But whatever it was, I just wanted to sleep, and not look at her at all. I shoved the book to her side as she hopped onto the bed. Turning off the lampshade on my side, I shut my eyes, not even bothering to say goodnight.

 

You're such a ing idiot Kikwang. 

 

"Kikwang." I could hear her whisper my name.


I shut my eyes even tighter, just wanting to block out anything she had to say.


"Kikwang."


No answer.


"Ki. Kwang." she spoke in a more demanding tone.


Again, no answer.


"LEE KIKWANG!" 


After taking in much of that annoying nagging of the woman next to me, I got up and switched to a sitting position, turning on the lampshade. I turned my head towards Soo Yun, eyes practically twitching, just ready to yell.


"WHAT? What is it!" I yelled, just like she did to me.

"What do you mean 'what is it?' I should be asking you that ing question. You're the one acting like such a little whiny crab right now. Not even saying goodnight? You always say goodnight! And you didn't even greet me when I walked in. You were reading. Or should I say, avoiding me?"

"Ok, so then what if I tell you that I am avoiding you? What are you gonna do about it then?" 


She became silent, not even possibly thinking I would say something of that sort. But what else could I do? I was angry at this point. I was angry that she was getting mad at me for no apparent reason, even though I should be the one going ape- right now. I was angry that we were even talking about this right now. At midnight. And I was angry that she still even dared to accept his confession. That pissed me off more.

And then a thought popped up into my mind, one that would never think to have popped up in a million years. Plus a day. That thought occuring scared me, and I knew from then on that there would be no return. I had to tell her.


"Why are you being like this right now? You're never like this." 


Would I say it?

Can I even say it right now?

Should I?

Yes.

 

"What if I told you... I was falling for you?"

"W-What? You're being really weird today. This is just a 'what if' right? You're kidding."

 

"I'm not kidding."


Whewww.

I know you guys are shocked, but I really don't think this story can go on much further without being... dragged on.

About four to six chapters left.