final.

The Little Things

“Shall we go out tonight my princess?”

 

The dorm was quiet again now that both Seulgi and Joy had tucked themselves to sleep, tired with all the dance practice they had for Gayo Daejun. The two lovebirds on the other hand, had some spare energy for them to spend some time together on the couch, Wendy’s head on Irene’s lap as the older brushed off the few strands of hair covering her lover’s lovely features.

 

“Are you sure? We need to wake up early again for practice tomorrow,” Irene replied.

 

“Come on, I’m sure we’ve got some time to get something to eat. Pretty please?” Wendy jutted her lips into a pout, knowing well that Irene was very much in love with her aegyo. The last time she showcased her cuteness towards the older girl was when she wanted to try the new haunted house at the amusement park, where Irene was scared to death to even go near it but with ‘Aegyo Wendy’ in sight, her fears seems to subside that Irene eventually agreed with Wendy.

 

“Fine. It’s unfair on how you’ve got your aegyo to go against me,” Irene muttered under her breath, her frown however was soon replaced with a smile when Wendy rose up from her lap to give Irene a gentle peck.

 

“Thanks. You’re the best,” Wendy grinned. “Let’s get going now?”

 

“Let’s.”

 

-

 

“It’s cold Wendy-ah.”

 

It was Irene’s turn to pout as she whined, tugging on Wendy’s arm gently and the said-girl immediately turned to face her girlfriend, nose all red – resembling a cute child but then again, Irene had always been one. Instead of showing her concerns for Irene, Wendy ended up breaking into chuckles.

 

“Hey, why are you laughing?”

 

“I’m sorry. You look very funny right now Hyun-ah.”

 

“Wha- I do not look funny.”

 

A tint of red crept onto Irene’s cheeks and she was quick to look around her surroundings to see whether she could check her reflections but stopped when Wendy pulled her into an embrace. It was these times where Irene thanked the fact that Red Velvet was not famous enough to have paparazzi following them around, unlike their seniors. She and Wendy wouldn’t have the chance to do these sorts of things, hugging and showcasing their affections for one another in public.

 

“I’m kidding. You just look so cute. That’s all,” Wendy smiled sheepishly.

 

“I’ll bite you.”

 

“Go ahead then.”

 

“Tch. Trying to act tough now, huh?” Irene smirked and dragged her thumb along the outline of Wendy’s jaw and stopped when she reached for Wendy’s moist lips, only to smile a few moments after. “Idiot.”


“Aren’t you going to kiss me?”


“Not in public Wan-ah.”

 

-

 

“Oh? Taehyun-ah!”

 

Wendy’s expression lit up as the two of them walked out of the convenience store and it took Irene a while to register whom Wendy was talking about. It was Nam Taehyun and a few of his friends from WINNER, Irene thought as she looked at the tall figures approaching them. She had known them from the news but never in person until a few days ago, where they were asked to do a special collaboration with the other rookies and Wendy’s partner happens to be just Taehyun.

 

Knowing Wendy, she had always gotten along well with the others, moreover someone who’s of the same age as she is and that triggered the jealousy inside Irene.

 

It took her a while to even approach Wendy and this ‘guy’ managed to get into Wendy’s circle of friends in a few days.

 

“Oh hey, what are you doing here Wendy-ah?”

 

“I’m just getting something to eat with Hyun- I mean, Irene-unnie.”

 

“Ah, is that so?” Taehyun smiled briefly to Irene and took a quick glance at the plastic bag in Wendy’s hand. “Want me to carry that for you?”

 

“No it’s fine-“

 

“We should get going now Wendy-ah.”

 

Wendy winced the moment Irene tightened the hold on her hand, enough to crush her small hand. “Y-Yeah. We should get going.”

 

“Bye. It’s nice meeting you here,” Irene faked a chirp and dragged her girlfriend with her the second she finished her words.

 

 

-

 

“You’re obviously jealous.”

 

“Yes. Yes I am,” Irene curled up against her covers as she slipped into her bed, Wendy following suit with a bemused smile. Nothing beats Jealous Irene. Of course, only when Irene’s jealousy is still in its mild stage because otherwise, Wendy has hell to pay.

 

“Tell me why then,” Wendy hummed softly, placing her arms on Irene’s waistline and she went on slipping a hand under Irene’s shirt, rubbing gently above the latter’s hipbone, something she knew would work to calm Irene down.

 

“I’m just jealous that he gets to be close to you in a few days,” Irene finally admitted as she turned around to face Wendy, breathing out loudly. “I just hate it whenever I’m like this. Getting jealous over petty things.”

 

“He’s just a friend. And he’s quite nice you know.”

 

“…So I’m not nice when you first met me? I see how this is.”

 

“Hey, that wasn’t what I meant,” Wendy chuckled softly. 

 

“Goodnight. Go sleep in your own bed tonight Miss Son.”

 

“Do you want to know why it was difficult for me to get close to you at first Miss Bae?”

 

“I refuse to hear anything. Go away. I don’t know you.”

 

“It’s because you were so crazily beautiful that it makes my heart flips every time you’re near to me,” Wendy managed to lean in despite of the glare shooting out from Irene, and whispered sweetly. “You’re so beautiful Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Stop being so…” Irene paused for a moment, averting her gaze away.

 

“Irresistible? Charming?”

 

“Big-headed. Stop being big-headed.”

 

-

 

“He touched your hair,” Irene growled. “He freaking touched your hair!”

 

“It was just part of the choreography! I-“

 

“I didn’t see that this morning though.”

 

“The producer went up to us earlier before we went on stage and asked us to do it. Joy and Seulgi were asked to do the same, flirt with each other he said. You weren’t there since you went to the toilet earlier.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Irene quickened her steps, leaving a frustrated Wendy, the members from the other groups on the other hand watching them with much curiosity. One of the girls from Lovelyz finally mustered up the courage to ask the remaining members left behind by Irene, on what kind of relationship the two were having.

 

“Say, what are they Seulgi-ssi?”

 

“Them?”

 

“Yes,” she nodded slowly.

 

“Let’s just say that the two are very much in love with each other.”  

 

-

 

“I’m going to distance myself from you when we get back later.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“R-Really, I won’t even be in the same room as you are.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“Why do you keep saying ‘Me Too’? If you dislike me that much then you should get lo-“ Irene gasped when her back hit the wall, having Wendy cornering her into one, a typical sight around their dorm but of course, it’s their first time doing so in public so Irene was more than surprised to be in such position. “What are you doing?”

 

“Do you want to know why?” Wendy said, making the older girl shudder upon their sudden close proximity. They’re together, but they’re not alone. They’re together for everyone to see backstage, where the news of two girls from the rookie group in a compromising position could travel around easily, even to the press but why does it still feel so right?

 

“Because everything that you say to me sounds like ‘I Love You’,” Wendy’s lips curled into a smile and it only took her a gentle push towards Irene to let their lips collide together for their purpose. All of Irene’s frustration went away upon a simple kiss, a magic left for her to wonder for the rest of her life because really, she still cannot grasp the reason why Wendy managed to do that every time. “Now am I still wrong to say ‘Me Too’?”

 

“No, you’re not wrong,” Irene blushed, her cheeks turning as pink as the colour of her nails.

 

“Then shall we get going? I believe we’ve gathered quite a crowd because of what we did earlier,” Wendy flashed a sheepish smile, tipping her chin towards the small crowd that had gathered around them and upon receiving a small nod from her girlfriend, the two dashed off for their dear life, yet another one of their quarrels having a happy ending.

 

 

Author’s Note – So I decided to stop being all sappy with my life and returned with this short one shot, haha. Let me cringe over the cheesiness in this fic.