[fin]

Indeed A Merry Christmas

  Yoo Ara hasn't been one to be very cheerful around Christmas. She's never experienced waking up early in the morning and rushing out to the Christmas tree to see how many presents there were underneath, she's never built a snowman, she's never had a snowball fight, never felt much in the 'Christmas spirit' as others.


  "Pick your shopping buddy." Nara said as her group of friends sat at the cafe table. Almost instantly, one clung to another. Yooyoung with Nara, Lime with Yoonjo, Seoyoung with Yeoreum, and Alice with Ara. They had always done this whenever they planned to go to the mall and they always had the same partners, not that any of them minded.


  "It's nearly Christmas, I expect good gifts from all of you." Alice narrowed her eyes, her arm hooked with Ara's.


  "I'm going back home on Christmas Eve."


  "Same here."


  "I leave tonight."


  "Me, too."


  "Wha--" Alice trailed off, "Are all of you leaving?!" She exclaimed, not knowing all of her friends would return home to their families this Christmas. They all nodded, all except one, but Alice didn't notice.


  "Am I gonna spend Christmas alone at the school dorm? Boo!" She made a face, pouting out her lips and drooping her eyes. Yeoreum suddenly spoke up, pointing to the girl Alice was still clinging to, "You still have Ara unnie."


  Alice's eyes suddenly brightened up as she turned her head, "That's right! Please tell me you aren't going back home." Alice blinked her eyes at the younger girl and Ara let out a small smile, "I'm staying here."


  "Oh yeah!" Alice cheered, hugging Ara tightly. The other girls laughed at their silly friend before Seoyoung stood up, taking Yeoreum with her.


  "Let's go to the mall early before it gets packed." She suggested, in which all of her friends agreed to.


  Alice suddenly took off with a sprint, dragging a surprised Ara with her, "I call the back seat!" She yells out, followed by a chorus of screams from the other girls. The other people in the cafe stared at them until they all left, nearly breaking the cafe's front door in the process.


-


  "I. Hate. Running." Ara spoke between her gasps.

 
  Alice simply grinned, "We got the backseat." Ara sent her a glare, "Why do you even want the backseat?"

 
  "It's more comfortable back here."


  "You're ridiculous." Ara took a deep breath, leaning her head on Alice's shoulder. The blonde girl was still grinning as she wrap an arm around Ara's shoulders, squeezing it softly, "I know."


-


  The two girls roamed the mall mindlessly when Alice suddenly exclaimed, "Ice cream!"


  She ran over and Ara followed with a blank face. When they got in line to buy the ice cream, Ara spoke in a monotone, "It's freezing outside and you want ice cream."


  The blonde girl ignored her and ordered ice cream for the both of them. Alice insisted on continuing to walk around while eating the ice cream but knowing Alice would make a mess somehow, Ara made them sit down and eat.


  "You're such a mom." Alice grumbled, taking a of her ice cream. Ara made a face, "That's Nara."

 
  "No," Alice mumbled, "Nara's the grandma."


  Ara giggled and as expected, Alice joined in.


  -


  "What are you doing just standing there?" Alice asked with a raised eyebrow, "Help me decorate the tree." She ordered, holding up two bags filled with ornaments of all kinds that they spent hours in the mall buying.


  Slowly, Ara walked closer, taking a bag out of Alice's hand.

 
  "Is this like... your first time celebrating Christmas or something?" Alice asked as she starting hanging up some decorations. Ara hummed an answer and Alice widened her eyes.


  "Seriously?" Alice was surprised and albeit, a little disappointed in herself. Despite being Ara's friend for a couple years, she never really knew much about Ara.


  "Yeah. Like I said before, my family never really celebrated Christmas." Ara's cheeks were a bit pink because of the surprised look Alice gave her.


  "In that case," Alice began to talk, "I will make sure this will be the best Christmas you'll ever experience in your whole entire life!"


  Ara chuckled and shook her head as Alice began to list off the things they'd do on Christmas.


  "Hot chocolate, snowball fights, we can build snowmen, we'll watch Christmas movies, maybe sing some Christmas songs. Oh this is gonna be so much fun!" Alice was still hanging up ornaments, oblivious to the way Ara was staring at her as she continued to ramble on about what they could do on Christmas.


  Ara stared at the way Alice always had a smile on her face while she talked and the way Alice's eyes seemed to be sparkling. She smiled, finding Alice absolutely adorable.


  "You're so cute." Ara stated, cutting off Alice's rambling. At first, Alice was surprised at the random statement but then she smiled widely.


  "I know I am!"


  And Ara could've sworn she saw a blush on the older girl's cheeks.


-


  Ara didn't have much of a choice to say 'No' when Alice asked (ordered) her to stay over on Christmas Eve because she had already started packing Ara's bags.


  "I refuse to let you wake up on Christmas morning alone!"

 
  Those words made Ara feel warm, her cheeks turning a deep shade of pink but thankfully Alice didn't notice, as she was too busy stuffing Ara's clothes into a small bag.


-


  "Wakey wakey!"


  Ara groaned when she felt Alice jump onto her, shaking her, "Wake up! It's Christmas!" The younger girl put one arm over her eyes, "It's too early."


  "It's never to early for Christmas!"


  "What time is it?"


  "Seven."


  "Go to sleep!" Ara grumbled, pulling Alice down onto the bed. Ara hugged Alice tightly, holding her down. Alice struggled against Ara's hold despite liking the warmth the younger girl gave off.

  
  "Ara!" Alice whined when Ara tightened her grip on Alice's waist, "There's snow outside! Let's go play in the snow!"


  "It's too early, Alice." Ara let go of Alice, who immediately jumped on her again.


  "Wake up!" Alice screamed and Ara felt bad for the other people in the building who might wake up due to Alice's screaming. Ara opened her eyes slightly, "Why are you waking me up so early?"


  "Because!" The older one stated loudly, "We have to make the day last! There's only one Christmas day in a year, you know!"


  "Fine. Get off of me."


-


  Ara took one step into the snow and screamed, her whole lower thigh engulfed by the soft snow. Alice laughed loudly at Ara who had one leg stuck in the snow. To Ara's surprise, there were already other students on campus who were playing in the snow with each other, despite it being seven in the morning.


  "I'm stuck!" Ara complained, looking up at Alice who was still on solid land. She reached up for Alice to help her.

  
  "That ." Alice stated.


  "Alice!"


  "Yeah, yeah, yeah." Alice grinned before taking Ara's hand and helping the girl out of her predicament. 

  
  "Let's build a snowman."


-


  About an hour later, Ara stared at a lopsided snow creature with two sticks as arms and a giant gaping hole as it's mouth.


  "It's.. not that bad." Alice turned her head to the side a bit, "If you turn your head to the side it looks okay." 


  Ara stared at Alice with an unamused look. 


  Alice then burst out in laughter, "Okay, yeah, it's pretty bad." Ara raised an eyebrow and Alice finally exclaimed, "Fine! It's horrible! We at making snowmen!"


  The younger of the two laughed and like always, Alice laughed with her.


-


  "That looks nothing like a gingerbread man." Alice deadpanned. Ara elbowed her in the stomach, "It's better than yours!"


  "Mine is a gingerbread monster, for your information." 


  Ara rolled her eyes, a smile playing on her lips, "Whatever."


  "You're just jealous that mine looks amazing and your's looks like a blob." Alice giggled and flicked some flour at Ara's face, making the other girl gasp. 


  ... It didn't take long before the small kitchen was full of flour.


-


  Ara walked out of the shower, drying her brunette hair with a towel, "You got flour in places that I never thought I would ever have flour in." She stated in a dry voice. Alice laughed loudly.


  "You're welcome."


  Ara scowled and sat down next to Alice on the bed, "So, what's next on the 'Alice's Christmas To-Do List'?"


  "Watching Christmas movies." Alice sprawled her legs over Ara's body, "Also known as we lay in bed and possibly take a nap or two because Alice is very tired right now."

  
  "Then go turn the TV on." Ara patted Alice's stomach.


  "..."


  "Alice."


  "Let's just make this break time, okay?"


  "Sure." Ara grinned as Alice slowly encircled her arms around the younger girl's waist.


-


  The two walked on the side walk, hand in hand. It was night time but Ara always liked to walk at night, it was calming.


  "So.. how was your first time celebrating Christmas?" Alice started conversation. Ara looked over, "It was great, thank you for celebrating it with me."


  "Also.." Alice started off, letting go of Ara's hand and reaching into her pocket, "I know we promised each other not to get gifts but.."


  Ara widened her eyes, "Wait but I really didn't get you anything!"


  "I know, that's okay though, I got you something."


  Ara pouted, feeling guilty. Alice smiled, poking the girl's cheek, "Don't feel bad! It's okay, really!"  Still, Ara was pouting, Alice giggled and took hold of her hand, bringing her to the swing set not too far from them. 


  "Okay, okay, close your eyes." She commanded the younger one, who was sat on the swings.


  "What? Why--"


  "Just do it."


  Obeying, Ara closed her eyes. Alice walked behind her and moved her hair to the side before clipping something around her neck. Ara opened her eyes and looked down, seeing a beautiful necklece.


  "Do you like it?" Alice peered over Ara's shoulder to look at her face. Ara glanced over at Alice before getting up from the swing and hugging the older girl tightly, "Thank you."


  "It was no problem." Alice returned the hug.


  "I feel bad for not getting you anything." Ara mumbled into Alice's neck. Alice shuddered a bit before replying, "It's okay, really."


  But, Ara had a small idea on what she could give to Alice as a gift.


  "Let's head back now, it's getting colder."


-


  Alice sat on the edge of her bed, looking at all the text messages she'd recieved throughout the day but had ignored them all. She smiled at the amount of similar texts from her friends.


  'How's it going with lover girl?' The blonde girl smiled at Nara's text, shaking her head.

  'Don't get too crazy with Ara! She's still young! ;)' Alice scoffed at Yoonjo's text.

  'USE PROTECTION!!!' Lime. Of course it was Lime.

  
  "Whatcha doing?" Ara exited the bathroom and sat next to Alice, trying to glance at the girl's phone. Alice was quick to lock her phone, "Oh, nothing."


  Ara narrowed her eyes but didn't say anything, "Okay."


  Alice shifted in her seat, "So, did you have fun today?"


  "No."


  Alice let out a breath of disbelief, "Wha-!"

  
  The brunette giggled, bumping her shoulder with Alice's, "I'm only kidding. I had a lot of fun today. Thank you, again."


  A blush appeared on Alice's cheeks as she stared at the ground, "O- Oh. Yeah. It was no problem. I had fun today, too." It was nearly one in the morning yet the two of them were awake as ever.


  "You know, I've never built a snowman before, or baked gingerbread men, or decorated a tree.." Ara scooted closer to Alice.


  "Sooo... I was the first one who did all those things with you?" Alice felt her heart beating a bit faster than usual. Ara hummed, nodding her head, "Yeah."


  "I took away your snowman ity, your gingerbread ity, and your Christmas tree viriginty." Alice grinned playfully, poking Ara's waist. Ara let out a small giggle, "That's true." She took hold of Alice's hand.


  Alice sighed, "Sorry if today was a bit lackluster. I tried to make your first Christmas special but maybe it didn't come out as special as I wanted it to be and--"

  Ara cut her off with a peck on the lips and Alice has never shut up quicker than she did at that moment. Ara smiled, "I already told you that I had fun today, why won't you believe me?"


  "But I--"


  Another kiss.


  "You--"


  And another.


  "Why--"


  One more.


  "Stop talking." Ara mumbled against Alice's soft lips. Alice did as she was told and let their lips mold together in sync, warmth spreading through out their bodies. Alice cupped Ara's nape and carressed the girl's jawline with her thumb.

  
  "Is this my gift?" Alice asked in a playful tone albeit breathlessly.


  "Depends on if you like it or not." Ara leaned her forehead against Alice's. The blonde girl grinned, "I loved it."


  "Then yes, it is your gift." Ara smiled widely.


  "Merry Christmas to me, then." And she leaned in to claim her gift yet again.