Chapter 1

Coded For You

< 3 years later, Tori Hwang age 15 >

You’re going to model in 2 shows for Seoul’s F/W fashion week this spring, so make sure you don’t go over 53kg.” I fought theurge to roll my eyes at my manager but still gave a nod and respectful,

Yes sir.” I guess I’ll have to tell mom I’m having a salad for dinner for the next month.

< 1 month after, Leo Jung, F/W fashion week (Kim Donghwan's show) >

That’s the trainee I was telling you about, pretty right?” Hyuk told me excitedly. I looked up to see an almost stick like figure walking down the runway.

She doesn’t look healthy.” Sunken face, thin legs, I didn’t know trainees looked like that.

She lost weight for the runway, usually she looks ier.” I stared at the girl, she looked a little young for Hyuk’s taste.

How old is she?” She walked past us just then. Her eyes were pointed right at me, but I felt them just look through me not even seeing me when I was there

“16 (in korean years), but she’s already a college student apparently. She graduated high school early.” I looked at him in surprise. It’s not that all trainees were dumb, but anyone smart enough to graduate from school early usually had more ambitions than to be a singer or model. “I know, and she’s from California too, her English is really good.”

I shook my head, there was very little chance she would debut then, foreign trainees were usually less motivated than Korean born, and they usually managed to get on management’s bad side before debut.

 

<1 year later, Tori Hwang age 16, onset of VIxx’s Error MV >

“I am FREAKING OUT Sally, what do I do?” I whisper-screamed to my fellow trainee. She had come along for emotional support today, it was my first time working Vixx-sunbaenims, andright now I was more nervous for this then when I had pitched the idea for PBP to Bill Gates for the first time (my presentation turned out to be really bad, I stuttered for the entire thing).

“You gotta chill girl, I think you need some Vegemite.” I made a face at her, I pretty much threw up the last time she fed me that stuff, Ausralians sure have weird taste buds.

“Call for Hwang Young-Hee,” A set runner came into the dressing room, she saw me and urged me to hurry and come to the set for my beginning scenes.

“OMGWHATTHEEFFAMISUPPOSEDTODOABOUTTHISTHEYNEVEREVENGAVEMEACTINGCLASSESANDWANTMETOBEINTHISVIDEOIDON’TKNOWWHATTODO.”

“Dear Lord Young, take a breather will you? Your face is starting to turn red,” Sally pushed me out the door, “You’ll do fine, all you gotta do is stand there and look pretty.”

Guys, guys!” Hyuk whispered at all of us and pointed at the set where Hong-Bin was waiting for the actress. “That’s the trainee I was telling you guys about, she’s super cute isn’t she? She models too.” I looked with the others to the set, and frowned, she seems a little young looking to be Hong-Bin’s partner. It wasn’t a height difference, if anything, they were identical in height which meant she was quite tall for a girl, but she had these eyes that seemed a bit immature to be playing the love interest of a 20-year-old.

Hey Taewook, did you hear that she’s one of the six girls that’s going to be debuting next year?” I looked at Hakyeon in surprise, since when did the company let middle schoolers debut.

Who did you hear that from?

I was talking to one of the trainee managers and they said that even though she’s young and foreign, she learnes really well, like they think she could dance better than Sae-Ron if you’ve seen her dance.” Of course I’ve seenher dance, she’s danced with us before as trainees, shes pretty good, good enough to be majoring in dance in college right now.

Well Sae-Ron is definetely going to be the leader, right? She’s been with the company since we joined, they should reward her for sticking with them so long.” I told him with a hushed voice, no way was I going to let a rep hear usand get yelled at for disrespecting the company.

Yeah, but I want to see this girl dance, I haven’t been to any of her classes yet so I don’t know how well she actually does, I bet the reps are just exagerating to try and get the girls to be more competetive.” Hakyeon went back to watching the others play with the phones, and Hyuk, who trying to take pictures of the girl.

I watched the girl too, but not to take pictures. I just couldn’t believe that the company believed someone that young had the maturity to join the entertainment world. They better not be making a mistake with this girl group.