finale.

hold me close ; never let me go

 

 

hold me close.

 

 

 

Usually, rainy days like this would put Kai to sleep.

 

But the sight of the thundering skies outside his house was keeping him awake and rather loud (he was whimpering in a rather childish way).

So loud that Luhan walked into the living room, rubbing his eyes groggily, looking into every small corner for his beloved cat. 

 

"Kai? Kai where are you," Luhan softly called out. "Kai come here, it's okay."

 

Perhaps Luhan's soft worried cries had cut through the thundering sound and into Kai's brownish- black cat ears, or maybe his cat hearing was usually this sensitive.

Either way, Kai crawled out from underneath the coffee table with his tail all puffed out, into his master's vision.

 

"L-Lu-" Kai whimpered behind the couch, half his face showing and his eyes wide with fear.

 

Luhan's eyes were wide now, and he crouched slightly (as Kai's size was as big as he was, a growing cat he is.) to Kai's head.

 

"Why did you run away from the bed?I could have calmed you down." He softly said, his touches seemed to have calmed down Kai a bit.

 

"I didn't want to bother you," Kai nodded his head slightly and he was less scared now.

 

Luhan smiled and took Kai's hand, and started dragging him to the couch, patting the space beside him. Kai followed him with his ears pressed against his head, confused but sat down eventually.

Kai blinked his confused shiny cat eyes, wincing when another thunder struck. Luhan placed his hand behind Kai's head, softly bringing it bringing it closer to his chest and lightly his head. Kai's tensed body soften afterwards and molded against Luhan's body, more calmed down than before.

 

They slept like that, Kai's fluffy tail wrapped them both in a warm embrace and Luhan's arms around Kai, comforting him.

 

Maybe Kai wouldn't mind the thunder if he gets to curl up in Luhan's arms again.

 

 

 and never let me go.