Chapter 1

R E F L E C T I O N | И O I T Ɔ Ǝ ⅃ ᖷ Ǝ Я

Slipping on the sleeves of my school blazer, I look up into the mirror in front of me. First day of school and I’m already nervous. Well that anxiety hasn’t really faded for seven years now. I closed my eyes as my mind reeled me back to that time when I was ten-years-old. I remembered everything almost as if it was yesterday.

It was summer break, my family and I were going to our summer house that was located at Jeju island (yeah we’re kind of rich). I remembered my mom and dad were talking about seeing our seeing our extended family while my two brothers, Joonmyeon and Jongin, were fighting over something stupid.

I was just staring out the window in some weird day dream of meeting my prince charming one day. I was about to doze off when I saw an incoming truck slam into my mom side of the car. Luckily I wasn’t on her side.

I didn’t know how long I was out, but I do remember that for a moment my vision flash pink for a moment before it started to fade out. I found myself standing on the side of the road staring at a burning car. I didn’t know how long I stood there until some lady came up to me and told me to stand aside and to wait for the ambulance.

People started to gather around the familiar car when the ambulance came and started to pull people out. At some point they pulled out a small body and began to push on his chest. That’s when I felt it, a strong push on my own chest. I didn’t understand until I started to see the pink glow again. By the time it went away I stared to blink fast to adjust my eyes to the brightness. I was also aware that there were other people who began shouting stuff like, “We got a live one,” or “He’s alive.” Everything after that was a big blur.

Now I thought that that was it; that it wasn’t anything to worry about until it happen again. It took place a year after that incident. My dad thought that it would be a good idea to take my brothers and I to his work place to see how he work; he was the CEO to KIM’s Co.

I was sitting in his room when I glance out towards the window. I saw that right across the street was a candy shop. I began to crave for the sweets in there and then I saw, ‘the pink’ (that’s what I call it). It had only lasted for a second when I found myself by the store’s alleyway.

Because of these first few incidents I thought that I was imagining things. I thought that I had an overactive imagination. Until high school started. There were about three different incidents where I astral projected (I learned that in high school).

There was a time my best friend Baekhyun needed my help at his choir concert, but I had gotten in trouble because of Jongin. While listening to the teacher, I kept getting texts from Baekhyun. He sounded really desprate for my help that I started to panic until I saw the pink and appear inside a practice room. Luckily nobody was in there.

There was another time I projected to the park while in study hall. Now that would’ve been normal but totally unintentional. I was daydreaming and then BAM I was there. By the time I came back though I was given detention for “sleeping”.

All in all. I. Am. Cursed.

Taking in a deep breath I grab my bag from my desk and made my way down stairs where everybody was having breakfast as usual. I took my seat next to my dad as my mother passed me a plate filled with pancakes and eggs.

“So first day of school, what are my boys going to do?” mom asks us.

“Well I was hoping to try to redeem my position as president of the student body, debate captain, and get some study done.” As always Joonmyeon, the forever nerd.

“Nerd,” Jongin fake cough. At least I’m not the only one who sees this.

“What about you Jongin?” my mom said trying to settle any rising tension.

“Well I am returning to the dance team as well as trying out for a sport or two.”

“Wow, and you think I’m weird for going back to my hobbies,” Joonmyeon snap at Jongin.

“You know what?”

“What?!”

“Jongin. Joonmyeon. Enough,” our dad said. Oh, the power he possess never cease to amaze me. “Jongdae, how about you?”

“Um, well I was thinking maybe trying out for the choir or something. And I might be going to hang out with Chanyeol later or something.”

“Oh, Chanyeol,” my mother said fondly. “You should bring him back over sometimes for dinner or something.”

My brothers started to make kissy faces at me and say word nicknames. I heard a snicker from my dad as well.

“Mom, stop it.”

“What I’m only stating the truth,” she feign innocent. Oh, how I wish that I could astral project on command.

Before they could go any further, the doorbell rang. Thank God, save by the bell. I grab my bag and ran for the door. I barely had time to register who it was when they grabbed me by the waist and planted a kiss on my lips.

Feeling those familiar lips I started to respond while wrapping my arms around his neck. We stood there for a while until we both broke the kiss in order to catch our breath.

He placed his forehead against mine and whispered, “I missed you so much, babe.”

“Oh, you have no idea how much I miss you, going all the way to Japan with only one phone call a month. Now that’s torture.” That got him smiling. “Now come on we have to go to school. I don’t wanna be late.”

“Aw, but we just got back together,” he whined. I just chuckled at his childishness.

“Well we can have our alone time after school?”

“Why Mr. Kim, are you seducing me?”

“Depends? Is it working?”

“I can tell you, I’m very moved, but-” a car horn stop him.

“Quit the smooching and get in the car!” one eyeliner diva shouted. Turning around I saw Baekhyun and Sehun in the back seat of Chanyeol’s car.

I turn back to my boyfriend and gave him the look. “You did not invite them.”

“Well I couldn’t say ‘no’,” he pouted.

“I’m done with you.” I ignored his whining and got into the passenger seat and turn to the back. “Hi, Baek, Hunnie.”

“Hello, Hyung!!,” and “You could do better with your hair,” were all the responses I’ve gotten from the two. I turn to the driver side when Chanyeol got in.

“Come on forgive me, babe.”

Baekhyun lean over towards me and whispered loudly, “Make him beg.”

I gave him a look and turn towards Chanyeol. “Come on, let’s go to school.”

“But what abou-” I cut him off.

“We’ll see when school ends.”

I could see Baekhyun smirking through the rearview mirror. I also heard him mutter, “Excellent. My young prodigy is doing excellent.”

Okay, not creepy at all.

 


Comment and Subscribe!! Thank you!!