The Beginning

Grey's Anatomy Meets Criminal Minds

No One’s POV

Ever since Taeyeon and Tiffany got married, they’ve always wanted to have a baby. But because they were girls, it complicated things. Then one day Tiffany had a bright idea, she asked her best friend (Yunho) if his wife (Yuri) could help them find a donor since she was an OBGYN. He talked to Yuri about it and she immediately went to work and gave the couple a call. She wanted to get all the information needed from them before taking the next step. After everything was said and done, she went through her phone contacts and called up Addison Montgomery (a close friend from college).  Yuri listened to the phone ring until she heard Addison’s hushed voice in her ear, “Yuri you know I love you, but do you know what time it is here in the states?!”  

Yuri’s smacked herself in the face for not checking the time difference before she called. “I’m so sorry Addison, but I have a favor to ask of you.”

On the other end, it sounded like Addison was moving around, so Yuri waited patiently. After a few minutes, Addison was speaking in a normal voice, “Sorry about that. I was moving from my bedroom to my office. My husband and I were sleeping, but we can talk freely here. So, what’s this favor you speak of?”

Yuri chuckled and rubbed her nape in embarrassment. “Again, I’m so sorry about the time difference, I was in the zone and wasn’t thinking. But I was wondering if you could help me find a donor?”

Addison chuckled on the other end. “Don’t you have 2 kids already? I don’t think you need my help in that department.”

Yuri blushed. “No, no it’s not for Yunho and I. We just had our second child; I don’t think we can handle 3. One of Yunho’s friends would like to have a baby with her wife and they were looking for a donor.”

“Whoa, you have gay couples in Korea?” Addison blurted out.

Yuri laughed. “Well yeah, but it’s frowned upon in society. Why? I’ll never know. It’s not like anyone’s lives are going to be affected if two people of the same gender get married. Besides, they’re not exactly in Korea. Her wife is a Korean pop singer and she’s a fashion designer, they just travel a lot for work purposes. Once they have a baby and settle down, they want to move to Seattle.”

“Why Seattle?” Addison asked in curiosity.

“Tiffany, my husband’s friend, grew up in California and wanted to move back to the states. But her father/family didn’t approve of her marrying Taeyeon (her wife), so they looked around the sates and thought Seattle seemed like a nice area.”

Addison sighed sadly. “Stories like this are always sad, families are too ignorant to look past their pride to think about their children’s happiness.”

“Yeah, but Taeyeon’s parents/family (at least) support their marriage, which makes things a bit better. So does this mean that you’ll help?” Yuri asked raising her voice in a cute manner.

Addison giggled as Yuri tried to turn on the charm. “Of course I’ll help! I don’t have any extra at the moment, but I know where I can get some. Do they have a preference for what kind of donor they want?”

Yuri took out some notes she jotted down earlier when she was talked to the couple. “They want a male who is around 5’10-6’1 ft. tall, someone with a good head of hair and as for the color anything but red, eye color doesn’t matter either, and neither does ethnicity, preferably someone good looking/muscular, healthy, and smart.”

Addison had Yuri repeat the list for her one more time as she wrote it down on a piece of paper. “I think have just the person in mind, but I’ll send you the documents of some alternatives as well as my choice.”

Yuri chuckled. “How about I give you their contact info and you can CC me in the messages? It’ll be a lot easier.”

Addison yawned softly. “Agreed, let’s do that.”

They exchanged information once again and as Addison yawned again for the umpteenth time, Yuri chuckled and said, “Everything is settled and can wait until the morning to be finished. Don’t try to do everything now, go back to sleep.”

“To be fair, it’s already the morning here,” Addison said sarcastically.

“You know what I mean,” Yuri said sternly.

Addison laughed. “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’ll go back to sleep right after this.”

Yuri smiled. “Good! Thanks for the help, Addison. I owe you big time. I miss you. You and your husband definitely need to come to visit.”

Addison chuckled. “No problem, you know I like to be kept busy. I miss you too. Next vacation I have, I’ll try to come to visit, okay?”

“You better. Good night Addi.” Yuri said cutely.

Addison smiled at the woman’s cheesiness. “Night Yul.”

With that, both women hung up the phones and went back to their lives; eager to help the young couple have a child.     

~Author's Note: The first official chapter is up! Let me know what you think in the comments below! Again, thank you for your patience :D