Chapter 3

Confession

Jongdae collapses on his bed exhausted. “So tired.” He muffles his moan into his pillow as he lifts his hip, sticking his hand to the front of his pants. He s around to find the offending vibration.

“KIM JONGDAE! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW BEFORE I BUST IT OPEN!”

Jongdae groans and sits up on his bed. “Go away!” He just wants to bury his head under his pillow and sleep. He plops down on his soft bed again, rolling around and hugging his pillow like a child with a stomachache.

“DON’T MAKE ME GO OR ELSE!”

Jongdae sighs and sits up again. He stifles a yawn and paddles towards the front door, pulling it open with a sigh. “Yes?”

“What did you do to poor Lilly?” Hanna storms in angrily, steam emerging from her head.

“She was really upset after your tutoring session. She came back crying.” TC taps her foot impatiently. “She said something about feeling violated and that she was wrong about you.”

“I didn’t do anything!”

“Uh huh. That’s what they all say.” Hanna plops down on computer chair, a frown on her lips. “Criminals always say they’re innocent even after proven guilty.”

Zitao and Yifan walks into the dorm room after apologizing to the other residents. Thought short and tiny, compared to others, Hanna’s voice carries a long distance.

“Don’t make me stab you with a blunt pencil. Now, talk.” TC pulls out a round end nail file. “Or I’ll file all your nails off and peel off your toe nails.”

“N-nothing! Honest! I was just tutoring her in math in the library. I mean, what could I have done to her in the library with people around?”

“That’s true…” Hanna glances around the room. She’s never been in another guy’s room, except the room Zitao, Yifan and Yixing shares together. That room she’s been over a lot of times. It’s always a cooking party with those boys, TC, and Lilly whenever they can since they mostly study together during test week.

The school, University of Fine Arts, covers the five main arts of painting, sculpture, architecture, music and poetry, the performing arts like theatre and dance and includes the modern day form of arts, film, photography, conceptual art, and printmaking. The term ‘fine arts’ can also be called ‘visual arts’ at this point. The dorms are formed of apartment buildings with its room shared by three students, each having its own kitchen, dorm suite, is the term. A cafeteria is present in the main campus building, though far from the dorms. Each three years, there will be a study aboard program granted to its students and students in Southeast Asia. This year, Wu Yifan, Huang Zitao, and Zhang Yixing are the three males accepted into the school alongside the three female students. Lilly and her two protective friends are eager to make the most of their time on campus.

“I bet you looked at her funny. Or brushed her legs or looked at her chest or something.” TC argues with a scowl. “Fess up or I’ll skin you alive and gut you like a fish with those stupid plastic forks in the cafeteria.”

“I really didn’t do anything to her! I didn’t even touch her or look at her inappropriately! My eyes were on the books! The most I did was turn to look at her face!” Jongdae lifts up his hands in surrender. “It’s all about studying and nothing else! I promise.”

“Hm…if that’s the case, then I don’t think it’s your fault.” TC grumbles under her breathe, complaining about the lack of organs in the black market for extra cash. “We’ll be back if we find out you really did do something. Then I’ll gut you and sell your organs. You’re wiggly tadpoles are worth millions and I’ll make sure to have someone drain you before chopping you up and turning you into fish food.”

“We came here to have a good time and I’m feeling like you’re ruining everything.”

“What do you mean?” Jongdae frowns at the lack of answers and turns to Yifan and Zitao, who gives him a shrug.

“We’re concerned about her lack of love in her life due to the sole reason of one coward that is Kim Jongdae who refuses to confess to her because of his mouse like shyness.” Hanna pauses as a yawn escapes her lips. “If that coward Kim Jongdae does not confess soon, then I will be forced to make his life plenty miserable so that he will wish he never existed in the first place or want to die but I would never let him die since dying will be the better way out and that would be less tormenting to that said coward than any other punishment that I will have planned for him so he better not die and take his punishments like the man he is born to be.”

“Ew, Hanna. Gross. That’s a nasty run on sentence.” TC scrunches up her nose in disgust. “I’m gonna hurl at your horrible grammar. Please don’t make me puke.”

“Please, puke on Jongdae’s bed. He deserves it.”

“Noona!” Jongdae’s shoulders sags in defeat. “Whatever it is that I’ve done, I’ll apologize to her the first thing in the morning.”

“You swear you didn’t do anything erted to her?” TC glares, throwing her nail file at Yifan’s head when the other rolls his eyes. “Don’t make me spoon them out, Wu Yifan.”

“Yes, almighty boss lady, ma’am.” He walks over and grabs her hand. “Let’s go before your crankiness infects the other students here. You need sleep.”

“I don’t need sleep! I got a project to finish!” She struggles against Yifan’s grip. “I have to finish it before the deadline! I need the damn scholarship and if you take that away from me I will behead you and put your stupid head on a stick and parade it through campus!”

“Yes, yes. Whatever you want almighty boss lady, ma’am. Now stop kicking before you fall and break your head. I need you in one piece to do that play I proposed.”

“I won’t do it I tell you! Get your hand off my or I’ll break your fingers and shove it up your !” TC’s screams echoes in the hall, making the students groan and moan inside their dorm rooms.

“Would you shut up?” The RA tugs his door open, his eyes bloodshot and a mug of coffee in his hand. “Do you know what time it is?”

“Time? Time? It’s time that I beat your !” TC manages to get off Yifan’s shoulder and marches over to the RA. Normally, no one dare messes with the angry TC, but the RA’s current state isn’t deemed as normal. “Why don’t you shut up before I shove that coffee mug up your scrawny ?”

“Want a piece of me ?”

Yifan stares in horror. No one, absolutely no one dares to call her that. He can hear the sound of the other doors opening, the residents running out to watch in horror at the next scene.

“You little…”

Zitao steps back in horror at the Amazonian scream in the hall. “Jie, should we go to?” He watches the sleepy girl nervously. “She’s about to tear a new hole in the RA’s body. At this rate, she might be about to rip him to pieces with her nails. I don’t want to witness it. Please?”

“I’m too sleepy to care. Let’s go.”

“I think I’m gonna hide in your room tonight.” Placing his hands on her shoulder, Zitao pushes her towards the door. “Bye Jongdae~!”

“Hyung! Jongdae hyung!” One of Jongdae’s two roommates, Kim Jongin rushes in with wide eyes and a grin on his face. “You should see this! You need to see this!” He glances towards Hanna. “Hiya, noona.”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“TC noona is ripping the RA’s clothes in pieces! She’s going to rip his head off!”

“I rather not!” Jongdae grimaces at the thought of the RA’s head being torn off and blood spurting everywhere. His stomach will not like the image.

“YOU GOD DAMN RA! GET YOUR BACK HERE! I’M NOT DONE SHOVING THE MUG UP YOUR YET!”

“Oh my god!” Do Kyungsoo, Jongdae’s second roommate, walks in with the look of a child on Christmas morning. “I think I just found my idol! Noona just rip the RA’s pants off! His face is covered in marks and he’s bleeding! I think noona bit him!”

“Please, she won’t put garbage in .” Hanna leans against Zitao tiredly, her eyes wanting to close now that her energy is drained from the lack of adrenaline.

“Noona, that’s mean.” Jongdae states with a frown. “The RA technically didn’t do anything bad to him. He just wants TC noona to keep quiet, though he was rude about it. Besides, female students aren’t allowed here in the first place.”

“Are you kidding? Noona’s the best!” Kyungsoo steps out of the room. “GO NOONA! TEAR HIS HEAD OFF!”

Hanna ignores the loud male and sits next to Kai, causing him to raise an eyebrow at her suspiciously. They’re not exactly close after all. He watches as she picks up the chips from the table and starts munching it, grimacing at the strange flavor.

“I swear Do Kyungsoo, you’re the reincarnation of Satan himself.” Jongdae turns to Kai who’s lying leisurely on the couch. “Aren’t you going to say something, Kai?”

“I never liked that RA anyways.” Kai resumes flips through the pages of the dancing competition catalog. “He was always out to get me and accused me of sneaking alcohol, sneaking in , and stuff.”

“But Kai, you do sneak in alcohol and , and stuff! It’s his job to stop you.”

“Yeah, well I don’t like it and now noona’s gonna help me get revenge.”

“Isn’t anyone going to help?” Jongdae asks, flinching from the cries in the hall.

“Are you crazy? Not even Yifan is doing anything and he’s taller than us.”

“GO NOONA! WHOO!”

“And do you really want to stop Kyungsoo’s entertainment?” Kai flips the page again. “You’ll have to deal with him afterwards. Look at how happy he is. He’s like a kid that got his birthday present early.”

“I think this is what it is.” Zitao glances out, flinching as TC manages a kick on the RA’s lower back. “That’s got to hurt.”

“Let’s just get out of here already.” Hanna sighs and heads over to the door and puts a hand on Zitao’s lower back affectionately.

“After you, jie.”

“See ya~!” Hanna waves goodbye and heads out the door with Zitao following behind her. She can see the RA’s face, arms and legs scratched up as if he was fighting a bunch of feral cats, though he might as well be.

“Wait.” Jongdae grabs her arm, biting his lips nervously. “Did you mean all that? What you said about what you’ll do if I don’t confess.”

“Jongdae, I’m exhausted and only had two hours of sleep a day for the past two weeks. At this point, I don’t even know if you’re Jongdae or Jongin. I don’t care if you confess today or tomorrow or never. Chances are, she won’t be here for the spring semester, especially if she doesn’t get a scholarship. It’s your lost, not mine.”

“What if she rejects me?”

“At the end of the day, just ask yourself if she’s worth it.” She tugs on Zitao’s arm. “Carry me, I’m sleepy.” She plops herself on the male’s back as the other bends his knees. “See you tomorrow. If not, I’m dead so don’t come looking for me.”

Zitao shifts the Hanna on his back. It’s not the first time since they’ve met that he has her on his back. “What about…?” He leaves his question unfinished at the sight of the whimpering RA on the floor, possible have some broken bones as a result of an enraged TC intoxicated with caffeine.

“TC ah~. It’s time to go!” Hanna calls out tiredly. “Your boyfriend’s coming back the day after tomorrow. You need sleep before you turn into a fire-breathing dragon. Leave that to your lover boy.”

[“She’s terrifying.”] Yifan remarks as he moves closer to Zitao and Hanna. [“Does it take a dragon to tame a beast?”]

[“You’re lucky she doesn’t understand you.”] Zitao nudges Yifan’s shoulder. [“I’m staying with Kitty jie tonight. You going back to the suite?”]

[“I was planning on going with you, but Yixing and I have to finish this project so I need to go back.”] Yifan frowns and shoves Zitao’s shoulder. [“You should be doing it too. It’s our project.”]

[“What class?”]

[“The vocal project. Did you forget?”]

[“Yah, I have a bunch of projects. Do you think I’ll remember?”] Zitao frowns at the older male. It’s true. With the three classes he shares with the older male, he has two other classes with projects due in two months’ time. There is also his competition for kickboxing and taekwondo in a month and a half. [“I think I need to take things slow or I’ll go crazy like her over there.”] Zitao motions her head over to TC who’s sitting calmly on the floor holding the broken pieces of the RA’s mug in her hands.

“I’m sorry. Are you hungry? Here, have some chips.” TC lifts the handle of the mug to his lips, strangely calm in comparison to her previous outburst.

The RA whimpers like a terrified child.

“EAT IT!”

Trembling, the RA opens his mouth and bites down on the shard, hoping TC won’t shove it into his mouth.

“Good boy!” TC pets the RA’s head like a child. “You better finish it all, okay? Or noona will be mad.”

“Let’s go, TC. You need to sleep so you can meet your lover boy when he comes back.”

“Okay~!” Smiling pleasantly, TC stands up and heads down the hall, humming a song and twirling around like a child. “My little dragon is coming back to me~! He’s coming home to me~!”

[“You know, I still say she’s perfect for the roll of the mad woman in the play. She doesn’t even have to pretend or play the part.”] Yifan laughs at the shove from Zitao’s elbow and the frown on his face. [“She’ll just have to be herself.”]

“Goodbye, noona! Come visit again!” Kyungsoo shouts from his room door, waving his arms in the air. “Good night! Sleep tight!” He keeps waving as Jongdae pulls him back into their shared suite and close the door.