Chapter 1

Oh! Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonkyu looked around the slightly empty apartment, soaking in every detail she’ll be looking at everyday for 4 years. It’s pretty obvious that her roommate has yet to come, since there are no furniture around.

Soonkyu walked around to check every room in the apartment. It is a two-bedroom apartment, each room having its own bathroom; one powder room, one kitchen, one living room, a library, and a laundry area.

Soonkyu walked into the kitchen and saw that all of her kitchen stuff was already there. The stove her uncle bought her as a congratulatory gift was already in place, also the oven her aunt gave here was already there. Soonkyu opened the cabinets and saw, obviously, nothing! Her mother told her to just buy some when she gets there.

Soonkyu walked back to the living room when someone knocked on the door. Soonkyu opened it and it was the guys who’ll deliver her furniture to her. “Good Morning, ma’am!” Soonkyu smiled and told them to just go in. “And if you could put my bed in my room first, that’ll be awesome.” Soonkyu walked to the hall where the rooms are parallel to each other are.

She first opened the one on the left. The room is fairly big. It had a big window on the side over looking her university’s building. The closet is big and also the bathroom. Soonkyu went out and in the next room. It was the same size of the other room, but with a different layout and view. The view of this room is over looking the city, something Soonkyu likes. The closet is a bit bigger though and the bathroom.

Since Soonkyu got there first, she had the power to choose a room, and she choses this one. Soonkyu went out of the room and directed the movers who were carrying her bed to place it in the room.

When the movers were done, Soonkyu rearranged the living room to her personal liking. She pushed the couch to one of the walls so that it was parallel to the kitchen wall. She placed the carpet in front of the couch and then placed the coffee table on the center. Soonkyu also took the armchairs and placed it parallel each other on both sides of the couch. Soonkyu then arranged everything else and before she knew it, it was already 1pm.

Soonkyu’s stomach started to grumble, so she took her phone, wallet, and keys and left her apartment to look for something to eat. When Soonkyu stepped outside of her apartment, the first thing she saw was McDonald’s, and so McDonald’s it is.

“Good evening, welcome to McDonald’s. May I take your order?” The cashier asked with a smile. Soonkyu checked the menu above before ordering, “One two piece Chicken McDo, extra large fries and large Coke Zero.” The cashier punched in her order. “That’ll be PHP 220.” Soonkyu took out an exact amount and gave it to the cashier. At the airport, Soonkyu already had her currency change so she had money.

The cashier gave Soonkyu her order and Soonkyu looked for a place to sit. Her seat is just behind the window where she could see the busy streets of Taft Avenue. Soonkyu munched her 2pc. Chicken McDo and French fries. When she finished, Soonkyu ordered a Caramel Sundae to go and walked back to her condo.

When Soonkyu got there, the door was already open and boxes were stacked near the door. Soonkyu was not alarmed because she knew it was her new roommate.

Her roommate, Han Hye Yeon, was already unboxing some of her stuff and adding them to the living room, kitchen, and dining room. “You must be Hye Yeon.” Soonkyu said making Hye Yeon look up to her. She smiled and stood up to shake hands with Soonkyu. “Yeah, and you must be Soonkyu.” Han Hye Yeon is also Korean and was studying at Gimhae Foreign Language High School. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter