First Day

Can You Please See Me?

Seoul Academy

“Okay, Mr. Park Chanyeol, you are in 1004, and you will have your roommate there so be nice! I don’t want any trouble between you two. Now go to your room, and welcome to Seoul Academy!”

“Alright, thanks miss….”

“Ah that would be mister, actually. Most people said I look like a girl. It’s Kim Heechul.”

“A-ah I’m sorry Sir! I didn’t know—“

“It’s alright really! Oh yeah, here’s my number, just in case you have problems. Don’t hesitate to call me!”

“Okay I won’t! Thanks again Sir!”

“You’re welcome! Oh and be nice to your roommate!”

Soon, the boy arrived at his designated room. He stopped for a moment, when he saw a young girl in front of the same room he’s going to occupy. Don’t tell me she’s my roommate…

 

Rin’s POV

“Hmmm room 1004…. I wonder who my roommate is… it should be a girl right? Cause I’m a girl… yeah it should be.”

“Uhm excuse me….are you in room 1004 too?”, a boy suddenly popped beside me, holding luggage just like me. Wow he’s cute….Wait what am I thinking? I looked at him from head to toe, then back to his head again, just to be sure.

“Uhm…yeah? Wait… you said ‘too’… are you my roommate? There’s gotta be a mistake… I can’t possibly have a guy for a roommate right?”, I asked as I looked at his eyes. Oh my, what a gorgeous eyes you have…

“I know right? It would be very awkward… wait I think I should call Mr. Kim about this”, he said as he fished out his phone and dialed Mr Kim’s number.”

“Yes, hello Mr. Kim? This is Park Chanyeol, freshman majoring in Music Department, room 1004. I’m afraid there has been a mistake. Apparently, my roommate’s a girl. No no, it’s not that I hate girls; it’s just that I’m a boy, Sir; shouldn’t I be roommate with a boy too? Okay I’ll be waiting here in front of the room. Thank you Sir. Goodbye.”

“So what now?”, I asked him, as I sat down on the floor, too tired to even stand.

“I guess we’ll just wait here until he comes. Ah, I haven’t properly introduced myself. I’m Park Chanyeol, majoring in Music Department, as you have heard”, he said as he offered his hand in front of me.

“Oh yeah. I’m Park Rin, majoring in Fashion Design Department, and minoring in Music Department. Nice to meet you!”, I said as I shook his hand.

“UWAH, you’re taking double degree? Daebak~ how did you manage the schedule?”, he said in a very shocked expression.

“Well I…kinda just do it all? I don’t know how I did it really; all I know is that I love both of my studies, so I have no burden in doing the task. You gotta ‘do what you love, and love what you do’ sort of thing”, I said in a calm tone.

“Uwaaahhh daebak~ I think I won’t mind if my roommate is an excellent girl like you! Let’s be friends shall we? From now on, you can talk to me about absolutely everything!”, he ended with a big grin on his face.  Such cutie pie really.

 

Not long after, Mr. Kim came to our room and said there is a mistake made by the campus, and that he will fix it as soon as possible. But Chanyeol said that he’s fine with it, and so am I. So we really ended up as roommate, and I gotta tell you, he is one fun roommate.

We became best friends ever since. We talked a lot, watch TV when we both have no classes, and we also have the same class in my minor. We even went to a lot of trips with just the two of us.

I became friend with some of his friends, like this gentle guy Kim Junmyun, the forever-gloomy-but-romantic Zhang Yixing from China, this cold-looking guy but when he opens his mouth there are only languages from other planet, Oh Sehun, and two girls name Kwon Raewoo and Kim Nana. We girls became friends instantly.

Chanyeol also became friends with some of my sunbae in fashion design, like the fashionable Kwon Jiyong or he prefers to be called GD, the English-speaker diva Kim Kibum or Key, and my lovable unnie Park Chaerin or CL for short. These three are by far the most fashionable people I have ever encountered, and they’re famous among fashion design students too, so basically all students envy me for being that close to them.

Soon, school started to get busy. Tasks, projects, runway preparations, and other fashion design things filled my day. GD oppa helped me through most of my projects for exchange of hanging out with him when he wanted to. Since I owe him a lot, I was fine with it. But after a while, Chanyeol seems different towards me and him when we were in our room. I wonder what’s wrong with him….