[1/1]

Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 25th of April. That is a day that I know I will never forget.

It had begun as nearly every day before it had. I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, eat breakfast, and then I killed time. Sometimes that meant going to my classes at the local university where I was studying music. Other times it meant going to work at a kiosk in the nearby mall that sold custom beanies. Most of the time, however, I spent my time playing basketball or sleeping. My life had a loose sort of schedule and I liked it that way. It was calm and free from worry.

That is until that day in April and I over slept which lead to my missing my usual bus to work. As I stood in the rain, waiting impatiently for my bus to arrive, I noticed someone approaching the bus stop out of the corner of my eye. At first, I didn’t think anything of it. This person was just another commuter. Then I got the feeling that I was being watched, so I turned slightly and noticed the stranger’s eyes fixed on me. He had been looking me up and down, but as soon as he saw that I had caught him, he gave an embarrassed chuckle and held out his hand.

“Hello,” he smiled, “I am Park Jimin.”

I am not sure what possessed me to take his hand, let alone return his smile, but I couldn’t seem to help myself.

“Hello, I am Min Yoongi.” I answered him and he beamed.

We made polite conversation while we waited for the bus, then proceeded to sit next to each other on the way to the mall. When we parted ways at the mall entrance, I expected that to be the last time I saw Park Jimin. However, I noticed him, not so subtly, walking past my kiosk a couple of times through the course of the day. He was even waiting for me when my shift ended. I assumed he had something to say, so approached him and he did the same embarrassed chuckle as before.

“This might be a bit weird,” He began, avoiding my gaze, “but I was wondering if I could get your phone number?”

I had willingly obliged.

 

That was two years and eight months ago now. Jimin and I have been a couple for two years and six months.

Now, he was curled against me as we sat on the couch in our shared apartment, watching cheesy Christmas movies.

I loved getting the chance to sit here with him like this. Between my job at the mall and my growing career as an underground rapper and his work as a hip-hop dance instructor, we were both busy. In fact, there were times where I would get home so late and he would have to get up so early that we didn’t see each other for over 24 hours, despite living in the same apartment. That is why the days like this so special to us. Sure, it was Christmas, which was a special day on its own, but we had so much more to celebrate than the traditional holiday aspects.

I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, pulling him closer to me and savoring the warmth of his arms around my waist and his head on my chest.

“Suga Bear?” He said in such a sweet and innocent tone that I didn’t really have it in me to complain about the nickname.

“What is it, Chimchim?” I responded with a slight smirk. If he was going to use pet names, then so was I.

“Can we open presents now?” Even as he said this, he buried him face into my chest.

I sighed. He had been begging me to open our presents from the minute I woke up this morning. Honestly, I had been amazed that he hadn’t woken me up. When asked, he had just mumbled something about how cute I looked as I slept. No matter how many times I told him that we should wait until after dinner to dig into the packages under the tree, he kept begging me.

Just then, a timer went off in the kitchen and I carefully removed Jimin’s limbs from around my waist. Talk about being saved by the bell. I went to the kitchen and took the ham from the oven, pausing to smell it. I had never really cooked a Christmas dinner before, but I wanted try this year because this year was special.

“That smells really good.” I turned to see Jimin leaning against the door frame, a smile on his face.

“I just hope it tastes as good as it smells.” I said, giving the ham a concerned look which just made my boyfriend laugh.

“I am sure it will taste amazing.” He said as he walked over to join me. I gave him a grateful smile before placing the pan on the stove top. “Is dinner done now?”

It couldn’t be helped, I chuckled. His excitement was adorable. I nodded and moved to set the table, pausing first to give him a light peck on the lips. He was under the mistletoe, after all.

With the table set, we too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter