final

I'm not the only one

You and me, we made a vow
For better or for worse
I can't believe you let me down
But the proof is in the way it hurts
For months on end I've had my doubts
Denying every tear
I wish this would be over now
But I know that I still need you here


 


 

Every girl’s dream is to be wedded to their very own prince charming. To be married to the person they want to spend the rest of their life with. And she was one of the lucky few.

“You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you and love you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together.” Kris said his vows and promise to her

“From the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your beauty, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honoring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life with you.” She said to him with tears b her eyes.

“I now pronounce you man and wife.”

It was a dream that finally came true.

 

 

 

 

It seemed light years ago when she last felt true happiness. Happiness with the person she loved the most.

The Kris she had loved and cherished was no longer there. He changed.

It all started 5 years ago. Kris came home drunk. She was awakened by a vase shattering. She immediately rushed down the stairs only to see Kris lying at the bottom of it.

“Kris.” she whispered as she came to his aid

Kris just grumbled when she touched him. He reeked of alcohol and sweet perfume. Too sweet to be a man’s perfume. She was never the one to rush into conclusions because she trusted him too much. She loves him too much for her own good.

“Kris, wake up” she said as she tried to sit him up. He tries to open his eyes

“baby” he smiles at her and hugs her

“Kris, let’s get you up stairs and get you into the tub. How many did you drink?” she says as she tries to pull him up.

“I went out with friends” he then laughs

This was just the first time he came home like this. She didn’t question anymore. She let it all slide. What she didn’t know was this wasn’t the first and last time.

It became a weekly habit. Kris would come home to her late at night reeking of alcohol and sweet perfume.

She was a good wife. She did her obligations as a wife to her husband. She never disobeyed him. She catered to his every whim. She would always smile, hug and kiss him whenever he came home.

What Kris didn’t know was that she cried herself to sleep every night he came home drunk.

 

Each week became worse. Aside from the sweet perfume, he now came home with lipstick marks on his clothes and body. With every stain she saw on him, a tear fell. As the weeks passed she no longer cared if a tear fell on Kris’ body as she wiped the lipstick stains off.

“baby?” Kris says half aware “are you crying?”

He tries to sit up but her hand on his shoulder stops him

“it’s nothing. I just remembered this sad movie I watched earlier” she faked a laugh and tried to smile at him

“hmmm” was all Kris said went back to sleep.

 

 

 

There were times where she would decide to leave him. She never voiced out a lot of her thoughts. She always kept them to herself. Whenever she made a decision to leave, Kris would suddenly come barging through the door smiling at her and telling her about his day and would be reminded of why she was still there

Unconditional love.

 

 

 

 

 

You say I'm crazy
‘Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one


 


 

‘baby’ that was Kris’ endearment for you. You’ve always found that sweet whenever he called you that.

 

There was one time when he came home sober but he had lipstick stains on his clothes. He may have not seen but you have. He would also bring home this sweet perfume scent with him.

“Kris.” she said to him

“yes, baby?” he said

“do you have someone else?” she looks him straight in the eye

He stops chewing his dinner “of course I don’t” he smiles at her

“you smell like over sweet perfume” she says. She doesn’t mention the lipstick stains

“no I don’t” he says his eyebrows start to furrow

“and you have the guts to lie straight to my face” she puts down her utensils

“what?” Kris was now angry

Tears started to stain her cheeks. Before she could say anything Kris was already out the door.

 

After that, whenever he called her ‘baby’ she no longer responded the way she used to. She would just smile at him but it never reached her eyes.

The marriage was slowly crumbling.

 

 

 

 

You've been so unavailable
Now sadly I know why
Your heart is unobtainable
Even though God knows you have mine

 


 

He had always been her first and last.

She was so faithful to him.

She never dared look at other men because Kris was the only person that occupied her mind and heart.

She had given Kris her heart and soul. She never asked for anything more from him. All she wanted from him was his love.

 

Kris started to miss important events.

Anniversaries.

Christmases.

New Years.

Valentine’s days.

 

He would always say he’s busy.

He has a lot of work to do.

 

There were also times where he would never return your calls.

 

And it suddenly felt like you no longer had his heart.

 

 

She was never the one to jump to conclusions but her curiosity gets away with her sometimes. She wanted to find out the truth. She already has hint that her conclusions were right but she wanted to see it for herself. No matter how much it would hurt her.

 

 

 

“baby” Kris answers her call

“want to have lunch with me?” she says as she looks out from her darkly tinted car, staring at him as he was standing in the sidewalk

“I can’t” he says as a lady approaches him and hugs him “I’ll be coming home late tonight, don’t wait up for me.”

“okay” she says as tears start to flow

“I love you” Kris says and kisses the lady on the lips

“I love you too” she says and ends the call

 

Her worst fear has now become a reality. Kris had someone else.

She would cry whenever Kris left their home. She finally knew where he would spend his nights whenever she slept alone in their bed.

 

 

 

 

My momma said that we need love
Till I found out life's a with no prenup, you're on your own
Divorces or court splits, decisions and choices
The Porsche or the fortress? Ignore it or forefeit

 


 

Kris is handsome, smart, loving and oh how he knows how to use his charms. He was perfect. But that was not why she fell for him.

She fell for him because of his heart and the rest was a bonus.

His face and charms make women fall and run after him. He is faithful or rather was faithful. Kris fell in love at first sight when he first met his wife. She was so beautiful. She was like sunshine on a rainy day. But somewhere along the way Kris got tired.

He didn’t mean to sleep around behind his wife’s back but he felt like the spark between him and his wife was gone.

He wanted a new thrill. He wanted someone new. For him it was exhilarating to keep a mistress around. He assured himself that his wife will never find out. And if she ever did, he was too comforted of the fact that his wife loves him so much and would forgive him if he was caught.

 

We all have limits and it takes time before we reach that peak.

She endured 5 years of cheating and lies.

She had enough.

The princess has now realized that there was no such thing as a perfect marriage.

There was no such thing as a fairy tale kind of life.

There was no such thing as a prince charming or a knight in shining armour.

 

She quickly packed her things, making sure that she would leave no trace.

There were only two things that she would leave behind

 

Her wedding ring

 

And her heart.