Chapter 5

Possession

He parked the Benz at his designated parking spot identifiable with the sign reading "Choi Seunghyun." 

I didn't wait for him and got out of the car myself. He grabbed my hand, but I refused. "What are you doing?"

"Holding your hand" He answered with a confused look on his face. 

"Okay, look. I know I'm your 'girlfriend' by circumstance that I didn't agree to, but I don't want people to know about this--"

"Everyone has to know about it." He tighten his grip. His expression was serious. For a second, I saw the dark and cold look in his eyes. It was scary. But even then, I don't want to lose to him. "But they're gonna think that I'm using you to get here. I don't want to be disrespected." I pulled back.

"Let's see if anyone dare disrespect my girlfriend." His voice was cold. 

He proceed to walk me to my psychology class while my hand was busy covering my face with my hair. He seemed to noticed my intention because he stopped, right in front of the center of campus where there are the most people, to fix my hair. "S--stop--" I managed to murmured the word when suddenly people started to pull out their cell phones. I tried to run away upon hearing the sounds of camera clicking and recording. But he held me fixed in his arms and kissed me. I can't believe it. He kissed me in front of all those people and their cameras. I'm doomed!

"Don't run away from me. You will never succeed." He broke the kiss with a warning before walking away.

Who is she?

Are they dating?

What's her name?

All the chattering from everyone surrounding me brought me back to reality. They were closing in with their cameras and gossips. This was exactly what I was trying to avoid. Attention was the last thing I wanted on my list. How am I supposed to finish my four year smoothly with this situation? 

Excuse me, are you his girlfriend?

Who are you?

I held tight onto my bag and ran as fast as I could. I had no idea where I was running to. I just knew I had to run, as far as possible. I ran and ran until I realized that I'm late for my first class. Shoot!

I made a u-turn back to the school of psychology and rushed to the lecture hall. I opened the door with as much force as I could, only to witness everyone turning their head to look at my late appearance. I stood frozen in shock. I didn't know what to do. "You're late. Find an available seat," the professor spoke. 

I held my head low, trying to hide my embarrassed face, as I walked to the seat in the last row. 

Isn't she the girl that Seunghyun kissed?

How embarrassing!

Look, it's her! The fox who stole Seunghyun from us!

Ugh! I just want to ruin her!

Sshh! Don't say anything stupid. If she's Seunghyun actual girlfriend, then he'll kill you before you touch a strand of her hair.

Why did he have to choose her out of all the girls thought?!

Do you think she offered him her body?

No. No. I couldn't believe the things I'm hearing. My entire college career was ruined on just the first day. I was holding in my man-tear. I can't cry in front of these people. I can't show them that I'm vulnerable. 

What can I do? I sighed as I took a seat next to a very beautiful looking girl. Woah, she's so pretty. Even I'm impressed. 

"Krystal, nice to meet you." She reached out to shake my hand. "Sohee." I replied. "Ah~ So your name is Sohee. I keep seeing photos of you and Seunghyun oppa being shared on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You're famous." She lowered her voice in unison with the class as I turned speechless. I didn't know what to do and so I just kept my mouth shut. 

"Silence! Class starts now." Thank god the professor diverted the attention away from me. Choi Seunghyun, you are so going to pay for this!

The class ended at 9:50 AM. People were starting to head towards, so I hurried to pack my things and left to the next class. I'm not gonna give them the chance to question or attack me. I gotta hide!

"Hey! We should hang out sometimes!" I took a quick look back to see Krystal waving at me.

"Okay!" 

I arrived at the painting studio exactly 5 minutes later. Phew! Hopefully I can escape the attention for a bit. The painting class was a lot smaller than I thought. Or may be the room just looked bigger because there was not a lot of students. I mean it made sense that there are little students because we need space and materials to paint. Having to share with more people would make it harder to paint. I sat behind the only available easel and prepared for the professor to begin. 

"Hey, I'm Nickhun," a foreign looking guy extended his hand to me. "Sohee," I took his hand and bowed my head a little.

"I'm an international student from Thailand. Hopes that you can help me since I don't know that much Korean yet." His words were warm and smoothing. Completely different from Seunghyun. He professor started the class before I could response, I instead gave him a quick nod in acknowledgment then turned my attention away.

"Alright! You guys partner up. Our first assignment is self-portrait, but you're not painting yourself. You're going to paint your partner." Nickhun turned to me with a big smile as soon as he heard the word "partner".

"Let me clarify, you cannot, I repeat, cannot, use a photo as a reference. This will be a live painting session. What does this mean? Who can answer me?" Professor Lee asked.

"We'll have to reference from a live model!" Nickhun answered.

"Correct!" He pointed at Nickhun in appraisal.

"I don't care when or where you guys paint. It can be in here. It can be outside. It can be anywhere. I need you to have the paintings here by Wednesday, next week." Professor Lee continued. And with that he free our class go to do our own work. 

"How would you like to paint me?" Nickhun asked. "Umm ... I haven't thought about it yet. Art is not really my thing ... " I hesitated. 

"That's fine. I can paint you first then." He was really positive. That made me happy. I didn't have to deal with no ice/devil king anymore. It was nice to be with normal people again. I was relief. "Your white dress makes you look like an angel ... I think it would be great to have the sunflower garden as the background" he looked me up and down while suggesting. It made me quite conscious about my outfit and body. I'm not used to dealing with people since I was only acquainted with two people, Chaerin and Sanghyun. I wonder how they're doing now. We all went our separate way after high school graduation. I miss them, a lot. 

"C'mon, let's go to the sunflower garden!" He pulled me out of my chair before I could even process my own thoughts. I didn't even know the school has a sunflower garden. 

I posed, which was really just me sitting, in front of the large yellow sunflowers. I sat waiting while he situated the white canvas on the easel. He picked up his brush, took a look at me. I could see him thinking of something. Then he got up and plucked four sunflowers from the garden and handed them to me. "Are we even allow to take the flowers?" I didn't want to get in trouble, especially while being Seunghyun's 'girlfriend'. He laughed and lowered himself to level with me. "No. They go with your beauty, really." He reassured as he tucked my hair behind my ear. 

I did my best to stay still in my pose while my classmate started on the painting. I sat and watched as he switched from looking at me to looking at the painting. He looked charming the way he was so passionate about painting. 

Wait! Why am I thinking about this? Wake up Ahn Sohee. You don't want to get in trouble with Choi Seunghyun. This thought got me wondering, does Nickhun get the memo about me being Seunghyun's 'girlfriend'. I mean the entire school seemed to know, but he hadn't mention to me once. 

The painting session lasted until 11:50 AM and I was beginning to get hungry. Nickhun offered to treat me to lunch but I declined. I have some business to attend to. 

I was walking around the campus looking for Seunghyun when I realized that he was no normal student. I wouldn't be able to find him from just searching the campus ground. So I made my way to the administration office. 

I opened the door to the office to find two girls working at the front desk. "Hi, could you tell me where Seunghyun--" I didn't get to finish my sentence when they both stood up to greet me. Oh, no. 

"Miss, the president's office is just down the hall to the left." They even bowed to me. This is too much. 

I hurried my steps down the hall way and was about to barged into the room, but I stopped myself when I hear two voices talking. My curiosity, or rather me being nosy, I stayed back and eardropped on the conversation.

"How's work at the hospital?" This one was clearly Seunghyun's voice. That I know. But I couldn't make out who the other voice belong to.

"It's fine. Boring. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Family business, you know?"

"I know." Seunghyun replied.

"But what's up with all these news about you and your 'girlfriend'? What is this about? Since when did the cold Seunghyun start to having feelings?" 

"When you meet the person that can warm up your cold and deserted heart, you know that's the person you want to hold onto until you die." 

I listened to everyone word Seunghyun spoke and found myself blushing at the thought that he was referring to me.

Seunghyun continued, "her name is Ahn Sohee. You'll meet her eventually. We used to go to the same high school."

There was a short pause, about 2 seconds or so before the other man responded. "Ahn Sohee? I remember you talking about her back in high school. But I had too many girls on my hands for me to remember anyone specifically."

"Anyways, when are you gonna stop playing around with girls and settle down?" Seunghyun.

"Nah. I enjoy having girls, a lot of girls. You know, girls are similar. All you want is a guy with status and money. They're all the same. They get boring after a week or so. That's why I prefer to switch them up to give myself more excitement."

What a jerk! How is Seunghyun friends with this player?

He continued, "I don't think any girl would ever be able to make me a monogamy man. Life is too short to settle for one. I prefer to play with as many as possible."

"Are you gonna go to class? You're about to be late." Seunghyun reminded his friend. Shoot! That means I'm about to be late, too!

I turned my head to find the clock reading 12:50 PM. Ugh. I wanted to stay and listen, but I have to go to my next two classes.

"Nah. I'll skip. I'll think about it next week."

Who does this voice belong to?