Welcome to Wolf Academy ~Day 1~

Wolf Academy (늑대 아카데미)

 

 

    Wolf Academy is a prestigious, striving academy, best known for its pride-taking name and the students that attend it. Rumors have spread on the village that is upon it- the most well-known rumor being that wolves do attend the academy, and those wolves can disguise themselves into human forms. Teachers, volunteers/participants, and students from all across the land have come to be in this academy just to prove to themselves if the rumor is true or not, all the while failing to do so. As ridiculous and mysterious as it seems, nobody has ever figured this rumor out. Well, you could say nobody- besides the wolves attending in the academy themselves.

♦♦♦♦♦

Well, in this academy, these wolves are supernatural creatures who can change form into a human whenever they can. They have different powers that they possess, and they could use it for any purpose. There are 12 wolves in total, each going to the same subjects and classes. Every 2 members are paired up to live in the same dorm room in the academy. They, altogether, share a close bond and relationship to one another, never leaving a member of the pack behind. But, as time flies by and more incidents happen, a wolf gets awfully close to another.. and they share something even more extraordinary than the bond that holds all 12 together. 

Kim Minseok (Xiumin) is one out of the twelve wolves. He may seem like the maknae with the baby face and the cute, round eyes, but is actually the eldest hyung out of the 12 wolves. Minseok has an attentive and understanding character, but tends to be somewhat playful at times. He possesses the power of frost, plus, he's the A's and B's student, a hardworking one at that. Minseok is dorm members with the pretty boy Luhan, another one of the twelve wolves at Wolf Academy. Luhan has a possessive and innocent character, and may sometimes tend to be a bit childish. He possesses the power of telekinesis, looks like a girly, gleaming, doe-eyed deer in the moonlight, and is the second oldest out of all the wolves. He's the straight B's student, but just as hardworking as Minseok is.

In this chapter, you're going to read how their bond and friendship began with just being dorm members. It may seem cheesy and overbearing, but you'll understand more of the reason why later on.

Welcome to the life of the night.

♦♦♦♦♦

Junior Year

    Did you think the members would have the expectancy, when they first entered the academy, of a timid personality, or a mighty, fearsome 'I'm so bad a**' personality, correct? Well, half right and half wrong. I don't know how to say it- 50/50, half and half- you guess what I'm trying to interpret.

    Well, whatever character you were thinking of as the main character, no member was scared with anticipation, nor timid or shy like you'd expect in a cliché. All twelve of them were individually minding their own business; doing activities and hunting for things without any of the other members knowing. All had expected it to be that way, even when they were going to enter this academy, knowing that they'd have to interact with others. All had expected their own selves to be the loner, hanging out with nobody, or just a couple of people who had expected to be a bunch of nobodies. The exact opposite had happened, and that opposite had turned into something even more situational and greater.

    It had all started on the midst of the period of time where school has just begun; the period of time where almost every student in the academy had been dreading. And, by almost, I mean that almost stands for 12 pretty little members you'll meet (and probably already know) and encounter with when we get further in-depth with the story.

♦♦♦♦♦

    Kim Minseok, alone in his own apartment, was so restless and anxious that somebody would've mistaken him for being hyperactive with a disorder of some sort. He was so excited, so uneasy on the inside- but on the outside, he wore a forced expression of calmness and relaxation. He couldn't help it, because the rumors spread through the academy he was going to attend seemed like they were going to be proven true. He knows, by his heart, that he isn't the only human with magical powers that could transform into a wolf and even into a hybrid of both.

    He glanced upon his clock as it read: 6:55 A.M- 5 more minutes to wait for had made him jump on his bed with perilous actions. Minseok was too enthusiastic and eager that he rushed out of his apartment, speedily slammed the door, and started walking casually to the academy. The academy was not at all a far distance away from where he lived, and, besides, he was all full-blown prepared to face any kind of person who might mistake him for being an elementary school kid, and was full-blown prepared to take out any kind of school material for the classes he was taking. He could've transformed into a complete form of a wolf and drag the backpack he took while running, but, with the circumstances of students screeching and flying all around the place when they see a wolf, he knew that wasn't an option anymore. All the while more frustrating, he thought it wasn't that hard to even approach a creature. Taming creatures was one of his specialties, since he was naturally attentive and understanding.

    Another option was to use his power. The frost that he could initiate out of his bare hands when he is a human could be used to skate swiftly to the academy. He could charge his hands to make the gleaming snowflakes that shimmer to go long distances, and he could mold it into something even more astonishing. The thing is, he's in a public place, folks hustling and bustling wherever they please. Being in a public place means that the same effect like transforming into a wolf will be more likely to happen. Minseok didn't want to leave an atrocious impression rubbing off on other people, so he just did what normal people do. He wasn't so normal, anyway.

    After a short period of time, he had finally reached the academy. The ivy-covered walls shadowed the front of the academy with darkness and mystery that seemed to block the light of the outside. The enormous (and what seemed to be the main part) building, Minseok assumed, used to be an old Victorian mansion, with its engraved, illustrated representations and the way the paint of the mansion had faded, its color barely vivid and ever so drab. There were other parts that Minseok had seen that had been affixed to the main building that had a different texture, less colorless than the building. 

    A student, dressed in the same school uniform as Minseok, brushed shoulders with him while walking to the opening entrance, causing Minseok to glimpse at the sight of that boy. While it may be a short interval of time that Minseok had to look at him, there were many details that he had absorbed. He had thought that boy was attractive with his looks; the boy having an appearance of a girl. The boy had sparkling eyes that seemed to outcast the sun if Minseok had to compare the brighter source. His hair was cut just a bit above his eyebrows, the shine of light reflecting off ever so miraculously, enthralling Minseok.

    A few seconds was all Minseok needed to shake his head in displeasure, knowing that the guy's looks were too captivating. Was, he, possibly, another wolf, containing one of the twelve special powers Minseok had known about? The thought of this made Minseok cringe; he felt as if he was generalizing way too quickly.

    ♦♦♦♦♦

    Minseok had finally walked inside the school, the hallways and paths filled with students doing their own activities. He walked timidly, his ears listening to the sound of whispers and giggles already spreading wherever he had walked. His small mouth opened, his sharp, pointy fangs now visible to the eye, as a tint of scarlet red clouded his eyes with irritation and disgust. One particular student smirked at this, the same tint appearing on his pair of eyes as Minseok walked past. 

    "Hey.. Are you one of the new students like I am?" the student said, his back leaned against the glass window. Because Minseok had heard he was one of the new students, he turned his head to face the guy that had asked him. 

    "Uh.. yeah. Why? Do you know where to go?" 

    "I certainly do. The principal's office- turn left and you'll see the first door on your right. That's the office." Minseok nodded without saying a word and left, but while turning his back against the student, the student said his final words in an unwavering and cold tone like this:

    "My name is Kris. Don't forget that." The way he had said it like ice caused Minseok to shiver with vexation and fear as he followed Kris' directions, and had successfully gained entrance to meet up with the principal and such. The long, cliché introductories that always seemed to have the same sequence, the greetings, the formal wording used descriptively upon making an impression to rub off on the student(s)- it poked Minseok in the eye. He felt bad for not paying attention to what the principal had to say, but it just felt like there were too many similarities in every school's greeting. 

    The principal had now led him to his dorm room as he handed out a sheet of paper containing additional (and unecessary) information, as well as his schedule for the whole semester. His classes were going to begin the day after tomorrow, so he had some time to rest and settle before starting his new school years. As the principal motioned a goodbye and had left Minseok on his own, he took a huge sigh of relief and sheepishly smiled. Finally, he thought. One more word of that principal and I'm going to knock myself out, but it's pretty good that I was pretty quiet and obedient. When he twisted the doorknob absentmindedly, he then thought about who his new dorm member was going to be.

    The principal had never told him. And why was that so? Minseok concluded, based on loads of evidence and cognitive emotion, that the principal wanted the meeting with him to get over with. He hissed strongly, deciding to trust his instincts and let this all slide away when the thought's gone. Being himself was already enough for the principal, but what about the new dorm member? What would he or she think?

    Opening the wooden door inaudibly (and closing it as he was inside the room), he took steps gently on the smooth floorboard, eye contact on the floor. This caused a chuckle to be heard throughout the room, Minseok now startled. Then, another pair of feet could be seen.

    Minseok now turned his head upwards to face the person in front of him. He then realized that this was the exact same person who brushed past after him going to the entrance. The person was taller than Minseok, as he could see his more alluring features now fully visible. He somehow felt relieved- but he didn't know why, because he didn't even get to greet or meet him or even get to know him, so he thought that there was something inside of him telling Minseok that he was different.

    But weren't all the students different? Their personality, their voices, their styles- isn't it all different?

    While that may be true, our innocent little Minseok was speaking in terms of a different different. Do you understand what he was trying to put out there? That different, he meant, was uniquely different from the already unique (which will seem to sound like common people). They made eye contact, both flashing smiles in delight and curiousity.

    "Annyeong~." The voice, awkwardly adorable, seemed to be coming from another native country. For all one knows, Minseok thought, this guy could be Chinese. And Minseok liked that thought. 

    "Annyeong~. I'm Kim Minseok. Call me Xiumin if you'd like," Minseok said, slightly feeling flushed and uneasy. The familiar boy just tried to suppress his tingly giggles at Minseok's expressions. The way his eyes were so round and widened, his soft locks swept back in a hairstyle that seemed so ordinary yet distinct, and the way his puffy cheeks were lightly pink- he had already grown attracted to Minseok.

    "I'm Luhan. It's nice to meet you." The boy said, trying his best to force himself to act serene and soothed. 

    A lengthy period of uncomfortable silence passed. Luggage was now being unpacked, and the anxious boys were now exhausted from all the work they spend individually just packing and folding their clothes. Luhan (as his name was said) couldn't bear this moment to waste, and, without thinking wisely, spat out how Minseok looked like a baozi.

    Minseok's cheeks were darkned into a rosy red; his eyes now fluttering in embarassment. Luhan enjoyed the sight of this, loving how adorable and inattentive Minseok appeared. It seemed fun to tease this baozi; the expression that showed Minseok's particular mood and feelings pleased Luhan to an extent that he could tease Minseok for who knows how long. He couldn't help but apologize to him, not thinking about personal space. He wrapped his arms around the shorter one and tightened his hug, Minseok inhaling heavily for air, as the warmth coursing through Minseok spread throughout Luhan's body, his eyes now clouded a pale red. Minseok saw this, gasping in exhilaration, pushing Luhan away quickly.

    "Oh.. sorry to scare you. It seems like you know about this.." Luhan said, feeling rejected.

    "Are you possibly one of me, too?" Minseok whispered, his sweet, soft voice ringing through Luhan's ears. Luhan nodded, knowing exactly what he had meant. "Show me what you've got."

    Just in that moment, Minseok formed ice and glittering, pure white snowflakes as it surrounded Minseok's entire body all across, forming fog and vapor. He didn't mean to trust Luhan, but it seemed like he needed to, like he trusted Luhan his whole entire life. Luhan watched in anticipation, his eyes glistening with every light wisp of frost flowing throughout many directions, his face struck with wonder.

    Minseok emitted from the cloudy fog, his human ears now replaced with soft furry wolf ears, the color of light grey collided with black. A small but puffy tail now appeared just below his lower back, the same exact color of the wolf ears. His eyes were darkned into a bloody crimson red, as his fangs were visible, the grit in his teeth reflecting the light of the darkness that had now appeared on the clear earth sky.

    It had now turned to night, the part of day where all wolves had loved very dearly. The moonlight that shone upon the lone wolves that had roamed upon their own enthralled them with awe and lust for prey. The darkness of the night sky prevailed ever so miraculously upon the earth, covering the land with mystery and secrets that have yet to be discovered. Luhan had noticed this upon Minseok's wolf-hybrid features and beamed at him approvingly, pinching his cheeks, earning a whiny moan from Minseok. 

    Luhan was amused by Minseok and how he had reacted upon Luhan's doings so far. His expressions were all the while more cute, his eyes so big and adorably unbearable to miss. His gentle, reassuring smile comfoted Luhan in a way to tell him that all his current situations he encountered in his life so far were all gone; but they weren't. Not just yet.

   "Nice to see you have frost. I have the power of telekenesis."  It was Luhan's turn to transform now.

    Sparks and flashes of energy flowed throughout the palms of his hands, his hands swirling in the shape of a sphere that he pressed upon his chest. His eyes glowed a neon turquoise, Luhan's ears and tail quickly emerging from his head and below his lower back, the color a little bit brighter than Minseok's colored fur. He hovered in the air for a while before completing his transformation, and plunged down to the floor, eyes now the exact same color as Minseok's and even sharper fangs appearing in his mouth. Minseok smirked; the question that lingered in his mind had been already answered. There is a wolf. And there might be even more to discover.

    "You seem undeniably appealing in this wolf form. Is there any way you are older than me?" Minseok shrugged it off, telling him it wasn't the most important circumstance they were in right now.

    "We should change back into our complete human forms. I don't want any human to see us like this, and I can hear the school bell ringing. I'm thinking it's dinnertime- well, that's what the principal told me." Minseok said.

    Minseok abruptly changed back into his human form, Luhan doing exactly the same. It wasn't hard to change back into a human, but it was just difficult to adapt to a human form once you've either transformed into a hybrid of both a human and a wolf, or just a complete wolf. The feeling of being both of those forms entices the wolves themselves; like nothing can stop them. Luhan sighed, wishing he could be in those forms for at least no one suspects how long. He wished Minseok could stay in that form too- I guess you know the reason why. 

    After settling themselves down, they finally open the dorm room door. To their shock, they find two people standing right in front of them; Luhan growling softly in displeasure. Both beings smirked playfully at this, motioning both of them to come with them. Minseok noticed that one of them was the one who had given him directions and the cold shoulder; Kris, wasn't it? He saw those same, red, piercing eyes that gave Minseok the shivers; he didn't want to see those eyes again. Luhan saw Minseok and really became enraged.

    "Aren't you Kris?" The guy chortled darkly. Minseok stared at him intently, while Luhan stood in front of Minseok and wrapped an arm around his waist, wanting to protect him. Kris glanced at him, walking with the other being who just laughed along at Minseok's curiosity. "Yeah. That's me. Now, enough with the funny business. We need to show you something."

    "Who's that guy walking next to you?" Luhan said, his eyes now clouded in grey thunderstorms. "Oh, sorry to miss him. That's Tao, another one of our species." The so-called Tao just motioned a wave without looking, the same cold vibe now spreading to Luhan.

    Minseok and Luhan made eye contact with each other, the feeling of caution and peril spreading through their minds. Luhan just smiled weakly, trying to communicate with him, giving him a sign of protection and care. Minseok blushed, knowing that some peril had already happened during this time of day. But, overall, Minseok liked that peril- he wanted even more to happen.

    "Now, shush. We don't want any students or anybody not of our kind suspecting this. It's a good thing there's no cameras; just dumb security guards searching the less obvious places." Tao whispered.

    Luhan raised an eyebrow- our kind? Wait, how did they know that they were wolves? Did they see anything happen?

    ♦♦♦♦♦

    All four had come across a door, the faded paint looking ever so gloomy; the dust flying in all directions. Beneath the cracks of the doorwere flashes of bright yellow light. Screams, laughter, and footsteps can be heard. Kris twisted the doorknob, while Minseok sniffed the atmosphere with his nose. It was a familliar scent; the one you notice when you find a similar species. 

    I smell wolves.