It'll always be you

FanForYeol Christmas Fest 2014 Edition!

It'll always be you by latte_mint
Genre/Rating: vampire and wolf au / pg-13
Warning: blood consumption
Words: ~9k
Description: There's a lot for me to see but at the end, it’ll always be you.
Author note: Self-praise myself coz no rated part in this story.. haha i don't know how this happened.. heee hope you guys gonna like it.. Give a lot of comments and loves!! haha /wink/

 

 


 

 

 

After taking a small sip from a tall slender glass, Yifan closed his eyes slowly savoring the aftertaste that lingered in his mouth. He takes one sip after another until the red liquid is gone.

 

"Ah Yifan… are you done?" Yifan turns around smiling and nods to the old man that slowly made his way towards him. The old man was still strong but a past accident left him with a troubled healed scar that affects said clan leader and forces him to use a supporter to walk. He might look like he’s 70 years old but as Yifan remembers, this man just celebrate his 850th birthday last blood moon.

 

"Is this a new concoction, grandpa? It's tastes different but still very nice." the taller ask while looking at the glass container and the remnants of his previous drink at the bottom. With an alluring dark red color and thick consistency, it might just be Yifan's new favorite, for the time being anyway.

 

The old man pours himself a glass and takes a taste. "Oh… it is. I didn't had chance to taste it when Kai brought this in yesterday, but it’s definitely a nice one. You like it, Yifan?" Astute dark grey eyes locks with Yifan's own jet black ones. The younger nods enthusiastically, eyes darker than usual and his fangs noticeably pushing out; a common sign of a recently fed vampire. Yifan felt like he could fly to China in a blink right now.

 

"Good. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go and meet with Leader Jinki, they have found fresh animal footprints near the plantation. It might be from a lone wolf, but still, we need to take a precautions." Yifan's ears perk up at the mention of a 'wolf' and without changing his expression he nods.

 

"Okay then, please send my regards to Leader Jinki. I'll be going upstairs now." He places his glass back on the tray and walks out from the leisure room to his chamber.

 

A wolf.

 

The pureblood vampire is very aware that he has a sort of weird fascination towards a certain species of furry animals ever since he could remember up until present times. He couldn’t pinpoint exactly when he started acknowledging their existence but he vaguely recalls someone from his clan told him a story about a wolf, probably a werewolf.

 

He walks inside his closet and with practice expertise his hands delve through his expensive suits until his fingers touch the familiar artificial leather cover. He pushes his favorite lounge suit back and with relief he grabs the big old book from his so-called secret-place.

 

No one knows Yifan has this book and Yifan is not telling either, not even to his grandpa. He doesn't even know if he’s supposed to have it but he didn’t care. He likes the book.

 

Only because the book made Yifan learn more about wolfs. He thinks he already knows everything there is about the animal's nature; he even once thought to enroll into an association about the protection of wolf's right back in his old college or whatever it is that he thought humans did in such groups. Yifan smiles at the sudden flashback, young Yifan still couldn't handle his thirst properly and being around humans shouting about wolf's right was not a good idea at the time.

 

He randomly opens the book and stops at a page that has a little more creases than the others. A lot of things are Yifan's favorite and this particular page is one. The page is his favorite among the 480 pages that the book holds. He runs his fingers upon the black and white picture on the page; it shows a simple living room with a long sofa against a wall and a rectangle coffee table that looks like it was moved to the side, though there wasn’t a fireplace the residents seemed to be very comfortable. They were snuggling each other, sharing warmth, a warmth that Yifan has never experience.

 

Yifan already knows how many are in the picture as he has count them numerous times, and yet he still counts them every time. There are 6 wolves in total; even with some of them hidden between the other wolves Yifan still didn’t miss them.

Snuggling.

Cuddling.

Hugging.

Yifan has many favorite things in life, but that doesn't it mean that he has them all.

  

-----

 

A tall guy in a baseball cap skips his way towards the academic building, happily greeting some familiar faces he encounters on the way.

 

He is in delight. His favorite season has already started. The green surroundings have slowly receded from the view and have been replaced by an ocean of reddish-orange leaves, his favorite color. The sounds that he makes when he steps on a bundle of dried leaves, his favorite sound. The chill but not too cold breeze that sometimes blow with a light rain, his favorite weather.

 

Chanyeol pauses when he enters the white building, searching for the information board. Maybe there will be some club's activities he can join during his fall classes. When nothing catches his eyes he continue to skip towards his lecture room.

 

There are not many people in the fall classes. Most of the student had already finished their credit on summer and had their exams on autumn. Chanyeol was sure most of students here had the same reason as him; they had to repeat classes. Either they failed and got bad mars or were absent on the day of the exam, like Chanyeol.

 

His wide eyes scan the room for the best place to sit today. As it is the first class, Chanyeol doesn't have any intention in focusing for the whole class. His eyes lock on a seat besides an opened window and he makes a beeline to it. He turns his head for a second when a young beautiful woman makes her way into the class causing some of the boys in the hall to whistle and catcall. Chanyeol checks her out and decides that she is not his style so he turns back to claim his seat only to realize that someone already sat in it.

 

A foreigner with dark black hair slicked back, red headphones on his ears and completely oblivious of the pouting Chanyeol beside him. With a huff Chanyeol plopped to the seat right next to the guy.

 

Still pouting, Chanyeol throws his test pad and stationary case on the table, succeeding in startling the oblivious guy. Chanyeol swallows when a pair of sharp dark brown, almost black eyes met his. Chanyeol thought the guy was going to get mad at him but the cold-looking guy just ignored Chanyeol's existence and turns the volume on his headphones at maximum.

 

Chanyeol feels relieved. Firstly because the other's eyes plus the thick eyebrows were quite intimidating and secondly Chanyeol's English is not that good for him to defend himself if the foreigner started speaking in said language. Keeping his head straight to the front of the class, Chanyeol tries not to steal glances towards the handsome man beside him. He has always felt giddy when he finds anyone who seemed to have a similar height or taller than him. This one it seems, fit the bill.

 

Maybe because he seems to come from somewhere of the West. People there tend to be taller and bigger than him. Maybe he should consider getting married with someone from the West, for their future child's sake, Chanyeol thought silently while biting his pen.

 

"Stop doing that, it's dirty." A deep voice startles Chanyeol, blinking he realizes that the foreigner had talked to him. How in the world did he understand what the guy said?

 

"Are you talking to me? You can speak Korean?" Chanyeol's eyes widen. He gestures towards himself and the other with his hand in a ‘you’ and ‘me’ motion.

 

The dark haired stranger looks at Chanyeol like Chanyeol just sprouted alien antennas.

 

"You… Did you… really talked to me… just now?" Chanyeol tries again with an even bigger gesture. His long limbs are flying everywhere and the other guy dodge them the best he can.

 

"You at the window… Not you… yes you mister! Do you have a problem?" the lecturer pointed her long ruler in Chanyeol's direction.

 

"Err… no. "

 

"Sorry Madame, please continue." the deep voice answered on Chanyeol's behalf and left Chanyeol quiet, a red shade on his cheeks.

 

The class came to an end after it felt like forever to Chanyeol.

 

"Hey” with a low voice Chanyeol calls the other guy who has already shoved everything in his sling bag.

 

"What?" Chanyeol pouts when he hears the coldness in the guy's voice. "Thanks… for earlier" Chanyeol lifts his head when he hears chuckles coming from the taller guy.

 

"You’re weird you know?" Chanyeol states when the taller stands up to leave.

 

"I don't think there’s people weirder than you, Park Chanyeol"

 

And with that the cool cold guy left Chanyeol pouting alone.

 

"Hey! How do you know my name?” He screams his loudest but it’s no use, there's no one left in the classroom except Chanyeol.

 

How does he know my name?

 

----

 

After strolling the library racks. Yifan finds his main reason to be there, in the small library located a stone throw away from the academic building. He scans each level carefully, not wanting to miss a title that might suit his liking. He’s at the flora and fauna section but mostly the books are about how to take care of wild flowers or how to have good relationships with your plants.

 

Who cares about plants anymore nowadays? Yifan rubs his sore eyes and stretches his arms outwards and accidently hits someone.

 

"Ouch”

 

Yifan abruptly turns his body and see a familiar lanky body on the floor rubbing their .

 

"Well… I'm sorry." Yifan squats down and collects a few books that were thrown around from the collision.

 

"Hey you!" the fallen boy squeaked and made Yifan grimace.

 

"I'm sure you aware that we are in a library right now." Yifan stands up with the books in hand.

 

"At least offer me some help."

 

"You have hands and legs to stand up but these books don't so..." Yifan stops when he goes through the pile of books.

 

"Where did you found this one?" Yifan lifted a grey greenish book with a big dark wolf on the cover.

 

"At the literature section. It's a novel actually. You like novels too?" the guy seemed suddenly excited.

 

"No. I like wolves but I prefer encyclopedias or something with facts, not this fiction" Yifan shoves the books into the guys chest and starts walking away.

 

"Hey wait. Don't you think you should treat me to a coffee after you knock me off?"

 

The whining from the boy made Yifan huffed. The guy persistently follows him until they enter the IT section. The arranged laptops are free for students to use and Yifan sits in front of one.

 

Yifan turns his head to find the puppy-like boy sitting beside him. "What do you want?" Yifan asks in annoyance.

 

"How do you know my name?"

 

Yifan is taken aback at the question, "What is your name?" He asks back.

 

"Eh… you said my name before you left the class earlier. I'm Park Chanyeol." His hands motion to himself again.

 

"Ah… you wrote it on the top of your paper but that doesn't mean I remember you" Yifan turns on the laptop. It's kind of an old version but Yifan can deal with it.

 

Yifan turns his head again to see the boy now fidgeting in his seat. "Now what?" Yifan asks again.

 

"What is your name?" Chanyeol asks shyly.

 

Yifan rolls his eyes at the action and starts typing on the keyboard. "Yifan." Eyes still focusing on the screen but Yifan can see a smile creeping on the other’s face.

 

"Ah Yifan. That's a nice name" Chanyeol smiles and Yifan laughs.

 

"Are you trying to hit on me?" Yifan manages to ask between his laughter.

 

"Er... no… no… ha-ha I'm like this with every one. Really."

 

Yifan looks unconvinced but the other just starts to ramble while he opens a few pages that he remembers by heart.

 

The first one is the diary owned by a veterinary from Canada and specializing in wolf's nature. Second page is full of wolves' pictures with different colors and the specific explanation about their breed. Last one is... his twitter.

 

"Oh you have twitter! I have one too! Give me your username, I'll follow you." Chanyeol exclaims when the blue familiar page is displayed.

 

"No need. I don't use it much and it's only for personal use." Yifan closes the page after re-tweeting a few news tweets. He opens up a page filled with colorful wolves.

 

"You like wolves that much huh?" Chanyeol asks. Voice no longer playful but filled with curiosity.

 

Unconsciously Yifan's lips move to make a small smile and Chanyeol notices it.

 

"Yeah, I like them and their nature. Their fur seems so smooth and fluffy. I'm sure sleeping with them will provide the best warmness in the world. Not to mention..." Yifan stops when he feels like he said too much. "In conclusion yeah I like them" Yifan continues to scroll down the page and reading the explanations that he already has read a thousand times.

 

"Which one is your favorite?" Chanyeol's eyes follow each of the wolves that Yifan scrolls down until he stops at a wolf with cinnamon shade of red fur.

 

"This one, a Red Wolf. The male one looks cool and the female one is such a beauty." Yifan looks over to the quiet boy beside him.

 

"I don't think it’s normal for people to have this kind of interest. You can go now you know." Yifan feels displeased with the lack of attention that the Chanyeol boy gives him. He was the one who was overly excited now and it's not like Yifan can get someone to talk to everyday.

 

Chanyeol shakes his head when Yifan's hands make the 'go away' signal. "Sorry. I was listening okay? I like the Red Wolf too… um… here look at my hair! It's a similar color right?" Chanyeol laughs at himself as he clenches his cap but it sounds awkward.

 

Yifan is amazed at Chanyeol's hair. How come he didn't notice it earlier? Ah, he was wearing a cap. Yifan nods and smiles, "Yeah… it's kind of... the same err Chanyeol? Can I… can I touch your hair?" Yifan’s voice is full of hope because Chanyeol's hair looks so smooth and fluffy plus with Chanyeol's puppy face Yifan has the urge to ruffle the other's locks.

 

"S–Sure… I guess…" Chanyeol blinks his eyes a few times waiting for Yifan's large hand to come, but it doesn’t.

 

Yifan scratches the back of his neck instead and turns off the laptop with his other hand. "Never mind. Just forget it. It's ridiculous. " Yifan stands to leave when the other grabs his wrist and pulls him down onto his vacated seat.

 

"Ouch! That hurt" Yifan rubs his and looks at Chanyeol’s puppy eyes.

 

"I don't really mind actually. My sister plays with my hair almost everyday." Chanyeol ensures the taller.

 

Still hesitating Yifan lifts his right hand, hovering mere inches from the red locks. "If you say so..." Yifan gives a few and Chanyeol closes his eyes.

 

Yifan smiles as he feels the soft strands dancing over his long fingers. "It's soft…" Yifan removes his hand and stops his face blushing.

 

Chanyeol's cheeks were already tinted with red and Yifan thinks he looks cute like that.

 

"Thank you..." The other murmurs softly and Yifan turns his head away.

 

Maybe a friend wouldn't hurt.

Maybe.

 

-----

 

Yifan makes sure he doesn't miss a feeding. It’s the only way for him to stay sane whenever he hangs out with Chanyeol. Which is everyday to be honest.

 

It's been almost two weeks after Yifan offered Chanyeol a cup of tea–because him and coffee are not in good terms–after their first hair ruffling activity. Yeah the first one, because Yifan has grown the habit of ruffling Chanyeol's hair every time the younger tries to use his pout over Yifan.

 

"I already said it doesn't works on me you idiot" Yifan ruffles the silky red locks when Chanyeol pouts again one evening. Earlier Chanyeol had tried to drag Yifan to go hiking, again, with him because the Gwanak-san is the most beautiful during the season, but Yifan rejects the offer every time.

 

It takes all of Yifan's willpower to stop himself from inhaling Chanyeol's scent; so how can he survive an ocean of sticky humans with sweat? Plus with the wind spreading that scent everywhere. He doesn't think he can, and he doesn't even have balls to try either.

 

He might lose Chanyeol the moment he loses control of himself and he doesn't want that to happen, at least not now.

 

Not now.

Now.

 

 

He means now because they just went past a neighborhood playground when his sensitive nose catches a new but familiar scent. It's not strong but it’s vivid. Yifan glances to lhis eft and right cautiously, ignoring the babbling form Chanyeol about his hiking activities.

 

 

 

"Hey Yeolie..." An extra cheerful voice greets them from behind. The twin towers stop in their tracks and while Chanyeol looks back in an instant, Yifan drags his hoodie up, covering his head.

 

"Hyung! Long time no see…" Chanyeol greets the newcomer and walks towards them. There are actually two boys, a pale blonde short one and another pale boy who looks like he is barely fifteen with a tall slender body. Chanyeol hugs the short blonde and bows slightly to the other.

 

"I'm quite busy these days. This is Sehun, my junior roommate. Sehun this is Chanyeol, my high school junior" the blonde replies with a soft smile a hand on Chanyeol's bicep.

 

"Ah... Hi I'm Chanyeol." He greets the other with his cheery loud but he realizes that the boy's stare is not on him.

 

 

 

Yifan tightens his sweater before walking away. Chanyeol calls out for him to come back but he just ignores it and increases his pace. He takes out his phone and quickly types a message before he sending it to Chanyeol.

 

Need to go back home. Urgent. Have fun and be safe.

 

Please make them stay, Yeol. That’s the only thing that Yifan hopes while navigating through the crowds. Hoping to find a place far from humans because it's driving him crazy and he needs to run away. He needs to run away, not because he’s scared but.

 

Yifan changes direction towards a hidden alleyway covered by some unused buildings, he gathers himself up and prepares to climb the building. He was just on his initial steps when something in an inhuman speed collides with his body and send him straight into a wall. Yifan's head collides with the wall with a loud bang before the rest of his body plops to the ground.

 

Regaining his senses Yifan immediately gets on his feet and dodges another incoming attack from his front. Now him and his attacker stand face to face. Yifan smirks when he sees the smug face of his opponent.

 

"Hey kiddo… your first game?" Yifan dodges again and gives the other a spin kick, crashing him against some empty trashcans.

 

"What's your name now? Shi… Se..."

 

"Your hearing is bad for a vampire, maybe it’s due to age." The other spits blood after talking.

 

Yifan laughs but another laugh interrupts him and makes him look back.

 

"Don't talk about age, Hun. I'm sensitive."

 

Yifan's amusement dies due to Suho's words. Sehun just huffs and takes his place cornering Yifan.

 

Now Yifan is surrounded in the small alley. It's a cliché fighting scene, one that Yifan wants to prevent but it seems futile anyway.

 

"He's right actually. Aging is really annoying, right Junmyeon?" Yifan chuckles. "But the blonde looks good on you." Yifan hears Suho's partner laughing and a frown forms on Suho's pale forehead.

 

"You sure speak a lot now Yifan. Did Chanyeol change you that much, huh?" Suho smirks while Yifan's eyes widen. .

 

Yifan ignores the statement. "You're sure aging a lot now–" His words are cut off when Sehun decides that the oldies had enough talking and it was time to battle, he strikes first toward Yifan. The sudden attack succeeds as Yifan lands 10m backwards away from them.

 

"Don't interrupt when elder are taking Oh Sehun" Suho chuckles when his protégé and the pureblood starts fighting. The elder huffs when he gets ignored so he pulls out his beloved colt from its case and pulls the trigger once. The revolver is quite old but it has always been his favorite during his vampire-hunting sessions.

 

 

Yifan is satisfied when Oh Sehun is a panting mess while trying to dodge his attacks. He’s about to break the younger's arm when he feels a sting on his right calf. "--" he kneels when his leg gave up.

 

Sehun takes the opportunity to lock Yifan’s head, face on the ground and hands above his head.

 

"You bastard! Fight like a man!" Yifan exclaims in anger when he realizes Suho shot him with a silver bullet. Luckily it didn't pass through and only left a deep cut on the side.

 

"Oops… my mistake" Suho smirks when Yifan continues to struggle to escape from Sehun's lock.

 

Yifan turns his head to face the short guy but his vision was rapidly becoming blurry. He knows he’ll gradually become weaker as he keeps losing blood, so he tries to communicate with any member from his clan but he encounters no one.

 

Yifan closes his eyes when the sting gets stronger. There must be some leftover silver from the bullet lodge in his flesh.

 

Sehun tightens his hold on Yifan's neck when a dangerous growl is heard. "Hyung!"

 

Suho turns his head in time to meet a big red furry animal jumping towards him and crashing his body down on the ground. His colt flies away from his grip and big sharp claws meet his face.

 

Yifan opens his eyes when he no longer feels the weight above him, he lifts his head to see Sehun get attacked by a reddish and furry silhouette but he tries to attack back and the tall boy gets pushed against the wall.

 

Yifan frowns when he can't feel his legs anymore, he feels numb. His head is getting heavier. He whimpers.

 

"Holy ! Why is there so much blood?! Hey Yifan, don't close your eyes okay."

 

The silhouette becomes clear in Yifan's vision and he smiles when he recognizes the familiar red locks. "You have fur, Yeol." Yifan coughs when he tries to chuckle.

 

"Ugh, hey don't close your eyes. The silver is going to works faster if you're unconscious." Chanyeol slowly turn Yifan's limp body over and brings Yifan's hand to circle around his neck.

 

"Yeol, you're …" Yifan breathes against Chanyeol's neck when the other lower his body to support Yifan's back and knees before lifting Yifan up.

 

"You're chattier than usual when you're injured Yifan." Chanyeol ignores Yifan's soft cold breath against his neck and secures the injured vampire in his arms.

 

"I'm going to run really fast now so hold tight." Without waiting for the older to reply, Chanyeol sprints through the dark alley until they cross a small quiet road next to a nearby small forest. Chanyeol keeps running the best he can and tries to not let Yifan's legs bump into any tree.

 

Chanyeol's slowly stops sprinting when they reach clearing in the forest. A small cottage comes into view and Chanyeol sighs in relief while kicking the front door open. He walks towards the black leather sofa and lays Yifan down slowly.

 

He takes out his phone while closing the door and quickly calls his best friend. It feels like years before a huff is heard and Chanyeol has never been happier than before.

 

"Kyung, where are you? I'm at home and I have a serious situation here. Can you come– Kyung, hey Kyungsoo! Hello?" Chanyeol looks at his now dark phone screen. Huh... Kyungsoo must be thinking that Chanyeol has burnt down his kitchen and might be running with all his might right now, which is a good thing.

 

 

Chanyeol kneels beside Yifan and grabs the other’s cold hands. "Yifan, my friend is going to come and treat you okay? Yifan don't sleep..." He shakes the hands slightly. "Look at me…"

 

Yifan nods while he grits his teeth, fighting the pain that continues to attack him.

 

"Yeol..." Yifan breathes out.

 

Chanyeol wipes the sweat on Yifan's forehead slowly. "Yeah?" He restrains his tears from falling when Yifan tries to speak.

 

"You're still ... you know." He smiles weakly when Chanyeol pouts while wiping the corner of his eyes. Chanyeol tighten his grip from embarrassment.

 

"Ow"

 

Chanyeol soothes the cold hand again. "That's for having the guts to tease me." Chanyeol huffs and leaves the living room.

 

He comes back a few seconds later with a pair of tight trousers and a white shirt. Chanyeol turns on his phone to call Kyungsoo again when the door bursts open and a panting small guy runs into the house.

 

"Park Chanyeol! What've you done? Why there is mixed scent in here?” The smaller guy throws his backpack on the floor and walks toward the sofa. He sees the man lying down and scrunches his nose. "Yeol, what is he?" Kyungsoo bends down to take a good look before he takes a few steps backwards in shock.

 

"A vampire?!"

 

Usually when looking at the kind of face that Kyungsoo is making will make Chanyeol laugh, his ridiculous owl's eyes becoming even bigger but today is different and Chanyeol just stays quiet, pleading.

 

"Park Chanyeol! Are you ing crazy? How dare you bring a vampire into my house!" Kyungsoo yells towards the fidgeting Chanyeol.

 

"Kyung… I– Yifan! Don't move!" Chanyeol rushes to the vampire when he tries to get up from the sofa.

 

"Just stay and Kyung..." Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo straight into his round eyes. "I’m begging you this time. I know you can do it. He was shot on the leg with silver. I don't know what to do."

 

Chanyeol wipes Yifan's sweat again despite the fact that the body is as cold as ice.

 

"We’re going to have a hella long talk after this Park Chanyeol. Now do me a favor and go take the white box from under my bed"

 

Chanyeol wipes his tears while murmuring 'thank you' again and again all the while running to a room near the kitchen.

 

"And Chanyeol! Change into something else other than my pants you giant! Kyungsoo shouts before he scoots himself closer to the vampire.

 

"Here!" Chanyeol passes the white box containing Kyungsoo's medical kit. It's not much but werewolves also have the same problem towards silver. Kyungsoo sighs while taking the medical kit.

 

Kyungsoo brings out the scissors first and cuts Yifan's blood soaked pants. "His scent is not that strong, is it because he’s getting weak?" he mumbles to himself.

 

"Is the cut deep?" Chanyeol asks while Kyungsoo inspects the swollen ugly cut.

 

"It's only about 4 inches deep and sure enough there’s still silver left here, so the only thing that I can do is to force them out. It's going be super painful though." Kyungsoo pulls his sleeves up before sanitizing a small simple vacuum-like machine.

 

", it wasn't like that before" Chanyeol grimaces when he see the caked blood around the leg.

 

"He has lost a lot of blood though. The silver is already burning throgh his veins and it’s only going to get worse if I don't start now. Hold him Chanyeol. Tightly." Kyungsoo warns.

 

Chanyeol takes a small place besides Yifan's body and takes the other's hands to put it around his waist. Yifan's eyes are barely open now, his mind clouded by pain and the only thing that he needs right now is Chanyeol's soothing voice.

 

"Yifan, hold me okay? It's gonna be painful so just… let me… just..." Chanyeol is afraid, he really is. He’s now using the upper half of his body to pin the other down. Yifan's fangs can be seen clearly from at this close distance. Chanyeol lowers his body down until Yifan's face meets his shoulder. Chanyeol can feel how warm his body was in contrast with the coldness from Yifan's.

 

"Yeol, I'm going to start now."

 

Kyungsoo's voice dragged Chanyeol from his musings. H takes a deep breath before letting it out at once. He knows Yifan can feel his body shaking so Chanyeol tries his best to compose himself by soothing Yifan.

 

"Go on, Soo. It's going to be okay, right Yifan?" Chanyeol buries his face between the crook of Yifan's neck and shoulder.

 

Chanyeol inhales Yifan's scent and savors it. He can now fully grasp Yifan's scent as a vampire. He didn't get it before; sure Yifan didn't smell purely human but definitely not like a vampire either. How did he cover his scent?

 

Yifan's pained whimper makes Chanyeol move his hands soothingly the other' back. He notices Yifan's body starting to cramp but his grip gets tighter.

 

"Aaaaaarggggghhhhhhhh!" A deadly screams tears out from Yifan's throat when he feels the silver move against his flesh by force.

 

Yifan's fangs are getting longer and sharper while his eyes turn fully black. His veins are popping out while he claws Chanyeol's back, the pain he feels giving him strength. Yifan is tempted to bury his fangs in the alluring flesh in front of him but...

 

No. He can't. Not Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol's tears come out non-stop after hearing the heartbreaking scream. He can feel the sharp nails piercing his back.

 

"Aaarrrggghhhhhhhhh"

 

The silver being by the machine has left Yifan in pain. Yifan's hoodie is already wet with Chanyeol's tears, not only because of the pain on his back but also because Yifan's painful screams are breaking his heart in so many ways. The cuts on his back are nothing compared to Yifan's pain right now.

 

"Be strong Yifan, be strong!" Chanyeol sobs while soothing the other's back. The grip on Chanyeol's waist loosens and Yifan goes limp.

 

Kyungsoo sit back, sighing now that the painful operation is done. Chanyeol glances at Kyungsoo who is also looking at him. Chanyeol knows he owes the smaller guy a big one.

 

Chanyeol settles the limp body carefully while Kyungsoo bandages the cut properly.

 

"He’s still breathing right? " Kyungsoo asks in a low voice.

 

Chanyeol holds Yifan's hands in his, "I think so. Yifan buddy…" The male called responses with harsh breathing as his jaw slacks open, showing his thirsty fangs.

 

"Kyungsoo, he's getting colder and paler." Chanyeol's teary eyes meet Kyungsoo's round ones.

 

"He has lost a lot of blood, Yeol. I don't think he can survive just like this. He needs blood right now." The last sentence comes in a whisper.

 

Chanyeol's determined eyes meet Kyungsoo's.

 

"He’s going to need blood to help him recover and he’s going to need a lot of it in the process." Kyungsoo continues while taking out his phone.

 

"Kyungsoo, can I give him my blood?" Chanyeol looks at the smaller guy with pleading eyes.

 

"It's not for me to decide, Yeol. He’s already half-conscious now. Feeding from you in this state, I don't think he’ll know when to stop." Kyungsoo punches a few buttons on the mobile phone before waiting for the receiver to pick up his call.

 

 

After a few beats another voice is heard through the phone. "Hey, it's Kyungsoo."

 

Chanyeol smiles when he hears an excited scream when the younger pulls the phone away from his ear.

 

"Yeah look just answer my question and I don't want it to be followed by another question. Just answer okay. Can a vampire feed from a werewolf?"

 

Chanyeol waits and he only hears the receiver half shriek, half speak but he can't listen their actual conversation.

 

He waits patiently when Kyungsoo nods a few times and ends the call without saying goodbye. Chanyeol looks up with hope.

 

"Is he a pureblood, Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asks.

 

Chanyeol's eyes redirects to the laying vampire. "I– I don't know. What will happen if he's not a pureblood?" Chanyeol really doesn’t have a clue about his new friend actually; except Yifan that is a wolf-lover and a coffee-is-not-my-style type.

 

"Vampires should not take blood from animals unless when they are really desperate and it’s an emergency because it's not good for them? I don't know, that's what he said. So if Yifan is a pureblood, he’s stronger to receive your blood than a usual vampire and the side effects are lesser. But if he's not… there’s a risk." Kyungsoo takes a look at the weak vampire and sighs. "It's up to you, Yeol"

 

Chanyeol tries to process every single word that Kyungsoo said but he's really not in the right state of mind. He can only hope for one thing and he will to do anything for it.

 

"I'll do it." Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo, hoping for support but the smaller guy just let out small sigh.

 

"You have to control him. Stop him when you feel he’s got enough and before he gets high. Because right now he’s unable to control himself fully and if you don't do that, he'll you dry. I'm not going to be here watching my friend being by a vampire so be careful Yeol." With that Kyungsoo leaves the living room and walks into his room.

 

Chanyeol takes his place beside the sofa. Let's do this. It's Yifan right? This man is still Yifan, his friend. He knows Yifan will never hurt him. Chanyeol caresses the cold forehead a few times drawing the vampire's attention towards him.

 

"Hey buddy. It's me Chanyeol. Can you hear me?" Chanyeol helps the vampire leans on the sofa armrest before extending his right wrist toward Yifan's mouth. "I know you need this. Go on." Chanyeol's Adam apple bobs when he swallows his nervousness but the vampire simply stares and ignores his wrist.

 

A few silent seconds pass.

 

Chanyeol has weird mixed feelings about this. Because why? In this state Yifan should already be pouncing any living body around him but Yifan just stares.

 

No, no, no! You have to do this before I get afraid. Chanyeol cries inside.

 

"Yifan, what is it? Just take a bite. Kyungsoo said you’d be fine with it." Chanyeol continues to coax the vampire but Yifan lets out a whimper between his fangs and turns his head away.

 

A strong tug in Chanyeol's heart tells him something, something that he has never even imagined before. Following his heart, Chanyeol brings his neck right in front of Yifan's mouth. His position is a bit uncomfortable now but his breath hitches when he feels Yifan starting to sniff him. The cold sharp nose nuzzling his warm neck makes Chanyeol shiver.

 

Hands on the vampire’s back, Chanyeol persuades the vampire again. "I need you to be healthy again and I will never forgive you if you left me after all I've done for you. Now be a good boy and bite me."

 

Yifan just continues to sniffle around while Chanyeol makes a desperate whimper sound. "I'll be fine." Right after Chanyeol said this, a pair of cold lips brushes softly against his skin, sending a warm sensation straight into Chanyeol's veins.

 

Tightening his hug, Chanyeol closes his eyes when a wet tongue starts to his neck and slowly move to his shoulder blade. His collar shirt is being pushed to the side as Yifan keeps and kissing Chanyeol's skin.

 

What is this?

 

Chanyeol wants to scream because is this what a vampire usually does when he drinks from someone? He really has no idea and although he's kind of enjoy this but then the feelings are washed away when sharp fangs dig into his skin.

 

Chanyeol bit his lips as strong as he can to avoid screaming. It hurt. It hurt so damn much.

 

But when the vampire started , Chanyeol feels light-headed. What kind of pleasure was this? Yifan keeps and Chanyeol starts to moan out loud. This feels so good. Oh God why did he feel like this.

 

A strong forced his eyes to shut as a deliciously sharp shiver made its way all the way up to his spine, making him arch up involuntary.

 

This has to stop. Chanyeol thinks when he feels starting to harden.

 

"Yif–fan" He whimpers.

 

Yifan's eyes have turn back to normal and his face is starting to regain color but he’s enjoying the warm liquid that flows into his mouth. He continues . He has always avoided feeding directly from a body and he doesn't know why. If only he knew it felt this good. Especially when–

 

A limp hand that falls away awakens Yifan fully and he slowly starts to pull his fangs out and the punctures generously. His nose begins to function normally again and he remembers everything.

 

"Yeol." His hoarse voice calls out but he gets no reply.

 

A head suddenly lands on his shoulder and it makes Yifan's heart start to thump loudly. ! What have I done?!

 

Holding the other’s shoulders, he pulls the limp body up and places it on top of him. "Yeol… Chanyeol… Channie..." He shakes the shoulders strongly and the weak werewolf opens his eyes slowly.

 

"You're awake. Thank goodne–" Chanyeol doesn’t finish and he falls unconscious.

 

"Yeol! Oh I'm sorry! Yeol please wake up!"

 

 

"He's not dead." A voice startles Yifan and he lifts his head to find a short guy standing in front of him. Yifan feels a weird familiar feeling with this newcomer so he does nothing when the smaller guy takes Chanyeol from him.

 

The other lifts Chanyeol's big body easily. "I'm gonna let him rest and you need to rest too. Don't try anything funny or…" Threat apparent from the round eyes' guy makes Yifan nod his head once.

 

Watching Chanyeol being taken away from him makes Yifan feel lost. Ah, what is this feeling?

 

...

 

After making sure his spare clothing are secure on his left leg, a tanned boy shifts into his dark ashy brown wolf form before continue his run. It’s faster for him to run in this form than as a human. He takes the shortest but most dangerous path until he enters the familiar area.

 

He increases his speed when his nose picks a weird scent. The scent is quite strong and familiar. Reaching his final destination, the wolf changes back into his muscular body and puts back his clothes.

 

Kyungsoo really hates it when he walks but he loves watching Kyungsoo's red cheeks when the latter see him in that state.

 

He knocks, not a simple knock but a thunderous continuous knock that makes the door's hinges rattle.

 

"Knock once again and I swear you–"        

 

"Kyungsoo!" Without letting the boiling small man continue spitting his venom, the tanned guy hugs the shorter right after the door is opened.

 

Although it's feels like hugging a log, Jongin feels happy enough. "I can scent him, where is he?" Jongin asks after hugging Kyungsoo the statue with all his might.

 

"On the sofa." Kyungsoo walks away towards the sofa ignoring the taller.

 

Jongin follows the older until he sees the man on the sofa.

 

"Young Master!"

 

Hearing the loud knocks before already made Yifan stir from his deep sleep. And when he hears his name being called he opens his eyes slowly. A strong animal scent pricks at Yifan's nose but he promises himself to get use to the scent better after this.

 

Oh yeah, who called him just now? Is he already in his chambers? Because only the people in the mansion call him young master.

 

"Yifan."

 

Blinking a few times Yifan gets a clear view of the wooden ceiling above him and his eyes dart to the figure standing in front of the sofa. "Kai..,?" he mutters hesitantly.

 

"Oh God! It's really you. What happened to you? Does Master know about this? Had you contacted anyone? How can you end up with Kyungsoo? He doesn’t like vampires. And are you okay?"

 

Yifan takes a deep breath after the youngster ends shooting him with bazillion questions.

 

"The only question that I hoped you’ll ask is the last one, Kai. I think I'm fine. Thank you." Yifan stretches his upper body before trying to move his legs. It's seems better. Suddenly he remembers.

 

"Err… where’s Chanyeol?" Yifan asks the shorter one but the tanned boy jumps in.

 

"You know Chanyeol? Is that why you're here?"

 

"Can you shut your mouth for a minute Mr. Kim Jongin? Chanyeol is still resting and he still needs to eat to restore back his energy. I see your leg has gotten better." Kyungsoo opens the bandage slowly showing the nice reconstruction of the vampire pale's skin. He collects the dirty bandage before making his way to the kitchen.

 

The curious boy sits in front of Yifan, eyes full of questions.

 

"What?" Yifan asks.

 

"Care to explain?" The younger’s expression becomes serious and Yifan also has some questions that he wants to ask.

 

"Well, I met Yeol at college then we became friends. Earlier while we were walking, two guys approached us and one of them is Chanyeol's senior. From his eyes and scent I already knew who one of them was, so I ran away from Chanyeol and those bastards but in the end I got shot." Yifan chuckles when a horrified expression appeared on the other's face.

 

"Is it the same one?" Jongin asks carefully and seeing the older nod makes Jongin angry. "What the hell! What more does he want from you! That ungrateful little–"

 

Yifan chuckles again as he watches the fuming boy in front of him.

 

"Long time no see, Kai. You never drop by long enough when you send the blood packs to the mansion recently." Yifan ruffles the dark brown locks. Jongin smiles heartily.

 

"There are some problems recently about the intrusion at the plantation so Master thinks it won’t be safe if I linger around the mansion for too long."

 

Yifan nods at the explanation.

 

"Yifan, you know Jongin?” A deep voice invades the conversation and the two guys look back in unison.

 

"Chanyeol!" "Hyung!” Both of them exclaim at the same time.

 

Carefully Yifan moves his legs down and sits himself straight on the sofa. Chanyeol walks slowly to the empty space beside Yifan and sits down.

 

"Oh yeah, Young Master, my real name is Kim Jongin, but still, Kai is cool too." Jongin says.

 

"Really? Jongin is a nice name actually." Yifan turns his head to the side watching Chanyeol before pulling him close to him.

 

"How are you feeling?" Yifan caresses Chanyeol’s bangs away.

 

"I'm fine and just hungry. Kyung is in the midst of preparing a late dinner. This needs an explanation though, the clan that Jongin works for, is it your clan?"

 

Yifan nods.

 

Kyungsoo enters the living room with a few bottles of cider and chips. "Stuff yourself with this first. Meat takes quite a bit to be cooked" A mumble of thank you’s is enough for the shorter to go back to the kitchen.

 

"Do you like Jongin?"

 

Kyungsoo freezes.

 

Chanyeol asked the question slowly and Yifan frowns. Jongin's eyes also widen at the sudden question.

 

"Wh–? Why? What?"

 

"Because you said before that you like wolves. Is it because of Jongin?" Chanyeol continues asking while ignoring the daggers Kyungsoo kept throwing his way from his eyes.

 

A beat of silence passes before Yifan and Jongin start laughing together, leaving both men waiting in desperation for an answer.

 

"Of course not!" Yifan says while the younger nods.

 

"Yifan hyung knows I already love someone and I know he likes wolves. We‘ve always been close thanks to this but something happened at the clan and we haven’t gotten time to hang out lately."

 

Chanyeol's face brightens in seconds but the other waiting guy’s face gets dimmer.

 

"Oh I see! Kyungie! Is the food ready yet? I'm dying..."

 

Not letting the vampire realize his face has changed colors; he stands up and walks toward the cook. Chanyeol's bright aura is definitely in contrast with Kyungsoo's dark and gloomy one.

 

"Kyung why?"

 

Kyungsoo just shakes his head and continue his cooking in silence. His hands at a fast pace and in minutes, the full set of dinner is ready. The food is more than enough for 4 people to eat but Kyungsoo dismisses himself after calling the others to eat.

 

"What's up with him?" The vampire asks when the smaller disappear into his room.

 

"Jongin, with Kyungsoo you don't have to use complicated greasy words because he will never understand it." Ignoring Yifan's question, he smiles amusingly at the other wolf.

 

"Eh? What do you mean? I didn't– Oh did he really thought that I love someone else?" Jongin gasps in horror and Chanyeol rolls his eyes while Yifan lets out a silent 'ahhh'.

 

Faster than lightning the younger runs out of the kitchen leaving Yifan and Chanyeol alone.

 

 

The two left continue to eat in comfortable silence. Although Yifan winces every time Chanyeol devours his half cooked meat enthusiastically but it's Chanyeol anyway; everything he does looks cute (to Yifan).

 

"What are you looking at?" Chanyeol asks after swallowing his meat.

 

Yifan who didn't even realize that he was staring just shakes his head. "Eat more, you need to recover." The vampire piles another batch of meat into the younger's plate.

 

"Why you don't eat much? Is it not to your liking? Hey, what does vampire usually eats?"

 

Yifan looks straight into the younger's caramel eyes, "Blood" he whispers.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen while his mouth is opens and closes, trying to find the right words to say to that.

 

Yifan lets out a loud laugh holding his stomach while Chanyeol follows his movements with an awkward smile.

 

"We eat normal food too. Don't worry, I'm not that hungry thanks to a certain someone and that certain someone has to eat." Yifan ruffles the red locks putting Chanyeol's heartbeat back to normal.

 

"I feel like my stomach’s going to blow up. Let me do the dishes." Chanyeol picks the empty plates and dumps them in the sink while saving the leftovers in the refrigerator.

 

"Yeol, hey um... Don't you want to ask me something?" The vampire asks when Chanyeol puts on some rubber gloves.

 

Chanyeol pauses his movement and fondly looks back at Yifan, "I want to ask yes, of course I want to know but only if you're ready."

 

Yifan keeps his silence while Chanyeol washes the dishes. After the last plate is smoothly cleaned, Chanyeol joins Yifan at the table.

 

Chanyeol sits with his hands supporting his chin and puppy eyes looking straight into Yifan. The older chuckles and pushes one of the supporting hands, and makes the younger whine.

 

"It doesn't seem like you want to wait for me to be ready." Yifan flicks Chanyeol's forehead when he pouts.

 

Yifan takes a deep breath and Chanyeol appears as nervous as Yifan too.

 

"Do you know what a DayWalker is Yeol?" The other just shakes his head so Yifan continues.

 

"They are also vampires. Born from a woman who's been bitten during her pregnancy. They have all of the normal vampire's specialties but none of the weaknesses. It makes them strong."

 

Chanyeol nods a few times before lets out a gasp, "Is– Is Suho hyung a –" he bites his bottom lip when Yifan nods.

 

"They hunt vampires, or to be exact, he hunts my clan. I don't know why precisely but he’s been doing that ever since I was born. He also– he’s the one who… killed my parents." Yifan tries his best to resist the overflowing emotions but then Chanyeol moves to hug him and the tears flow without care.

 

"I haven’t talked about this for a long time." He sobs while Chanyeol buries himself in the crook of his neck, hands soothing the other’s back.

 

"You need to talk about it, so that you can let it go okay? I'm here." Yifan circles his hands around the younger’s waist and they stay in that position for a couple of minutes.

 

 

"Oops! Am I interrupting something?" A loud high pitch voice suddenly interrupts the moment and the couple abruptly jumps away from each other.

 

"Yah Byun Baekhyun! What are you doing here?" Chanyeol shrieks, half annoyed, half embarrassed.

 

"I'm just wondering if Kyung has leftover food. I'm hungry" He do his best to pout but Chanyeol just rolls his eyes while pointing at the fridge.

 

"By the way, nice catch Yeol! He's hot."

 

Yifan's eyes widen at the blunt statement coming from the brunette.

 

"Don't you dare…" Chanyeol growls.

 

The small newcomer only laughs at Chanyeol's words. "Like I would want him, he has your scent all over him… ew!" Baekhyun makes a show of gagging.

 

"What? I'm not– we're not–" Chanyeol stutters.

 

Yifan feeling a bit lost, decides to introduce himself.

 

"Hi, I'm Yifan, Chanyeol's friend" He holds out a hand and Baekhyun shakes it.

 

"Yeah friend, whatever. Well, I'm Park Chanyeol's wonderful cousin and also neighbor, Baekhyun. And hey, your hands is cold." Baekhyun rubs his hand after his handshake with Yifan.

 

It was Chanyeol's time, "That’s because he’s a vampire,” he informs nonchalantly.

 

Baekhyun frowns before he lets out a horrified gasp. "W-what? Vampire? Oh my, hey Kyung! Kyung is gonna be angry if he knows you have a vampire in his house!" the blunt brunette tries his best to stay calmed but avoids Yifan's black eyes.

 

"Kyung knows. He even helped treating Yifan for an injury"

 

Baekhyun let a silent 'ahh' before moving towards the fridge to take the leftover food out and started to heat it.

 

"Why are you coming here for food? Didn't Jongdae cook today?" Chanyeol asks while the other is busy flapping the meat over.

 

"He’s busy with his new . Seriously, that guy is really something.” He eats whenever he feels the meat has warmed enough.

 

Yifan wants to ask something when a loud yell comes from the closed bedroom.

 

The door abruptly opens letting running Jongin out, a plush toy flying after him towards his head.

 

"And don't you dare to show your face again Kim Jongin" With that the door is violently closed with a brutal sound.

 

Everybody stays in silence as the tanned boy picks up the plush toy and hugs it with a sob.

 

"What did you do this time?" Chanyeol asks while kidnapping some of Baekhyun's grilled meat.

 

"He didn't believe me when I said I was talking about him and when I said he looks cute when he gets jealous he start fuming and chased me out" Jongin sighs.

 

"Is that on heat?" Baekhyun asks while slapping Chanyeol's hands away when it tries to get more meat.

 

All eyes are on him but he ignores them.

 

"But if he’s in heat we should know, right hyung?" Jongin hesitantly asks Chanyeol.

 

"It might be, I don't think he has reached it yet. Could be on the way? Probably PMSing and you're not always there for him."

 

Jongin lowers his head.

 

"You can do better, boy. Don't worry too much. If not you, then no one else wants that emotional " Baekhyun says bluntly.

 

"I CAN HEAR YOU, YOU ING UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!" Baekhyun and Jongin both make their esscape from the house in an instant while Yifan helps Chanyeol hide his laughter.

 

...

 

Yifan waits for Chanyeol on the bed while the other takes a shower. He’s wearing Chanyeol's biggest t-shirt and he's fine with it. The room has Chanyeol's scent all over it and Yifan feels like drowning.

 

He almost doesn't notice when the bathroom door opens and Chanyeol comes out piling his used clothing in a basket.

 

"Hyung, don't you want to at least wipe down your body with wet towel? Can you really sleep just like that?" Chanyeol turns the electric fan on and closes the bathroom door.

 

"I'm fine, beside I likes this smell." He demonstrates by sniffing himself. "Because it's yours" he smirks playfully which causes Chanyeol's cheeks to turn as red as a tomato.

 

Chanyeol sits in front of the fan to cool down a bit, "Don't listen to Baekhyun's. He saids whatever he wants" Chanyeol mumbles.

 

"Nah, I don't think so." Yifan walks towards Chanyeol and hugs his back, "I think I found my new favorite thing." he whispers.

 

Chanyeol turns his head to the side to look at Yifan's sharp features.

 

"You will always be my favorite. It'll always be you." Yifan leans in to give a soft peck to Chanyeol’s plump lips.

 

"Let’s sleep." Yifan takes the other hands and settles them on the single bed.

 

Chanyeol circles his arms around Yifan. "Here, we can save more space like this" he says shyly.

 

"Pfft. Right, how bout this?" Yifan then wraps his long legs around Chanyeol's own.

 

Chanyeol chuckles, "You're so clingy for a vampire you know."

 

"I had no one to cuddle with before and this is nice. It's a shame that other vampires aren’t aware about know how nice this is."

 

"Now you're being cheesy! Where's the cold Yifan I met before?" Chanyeol slaps Yifan's shoulder playfully.

 

"I don't know. Where did he go indeed? Ha-ha… And err… Yeol? I thought about asking this before. Why doesn’t Kyungsoo like vampires?” Yifan caresses bangs backward while Chanyeol looks at him.

 

"Kyungsoo doesn't hate vampires actually. Just that out of so many other werewolves, why is Jongin the one who needs to continue his father's works as your clan blood supplier? The work makes Jongin stay away at times and he loves Jongin so much that he doesn’t dare ask Jongin to stop working."

 

Yifan stays quiet and nods after awhile. "I see... Now let’s sleep, okay?" Yifan closes Chanyeol's eyes with his hands as the other snuggles his warm body into Yifan’s cold one. It's feels a bit bizarre but it’s not entirely uncomfortable.

 

Chanyeol is on the edge of sleepiness when he feels a hand smoothly caressing his hair. He keeps his eyes close while Yifan covers them with a blanket.

 

"I don't know if a thank you is enough for what you've done for me but still. Thank you Chanyeol. I love you" Yifan whispers and ends the declaration with a peck on Chanyeol's head.

 

Chanyeol's heart swells at the words but decides not to make a deal out of it tonight. They have a lot of time to spend together in the future. One of the best things being a non-human provides them with.

 

"I love you too." He whispers back to Yifan.