one.

Don't Stop Me

“Stupid old hag.” Jieun muttered, head hung low in shame as she stood up, hands on the table, supporting her weight.

 

She merely wanted an explanation for the question highlighted in yellow on her paper, yet all she got was a punishment. Feeling her classmates’ eyes on her, she whipped her head up and shot a glare at them. They looked away immediately, intimidated by Jieun’s sharp glare.

 

She wanted to just run out the door and spend the day away from that ‘old hag’, away from school, but she couldn’t. As much as she wanted to, she knew she had to pay attention in class, she had to get good grades. She wasn’t the smartest around, but as long as she showed all ‘A’s on her report card, she didn’t give two hoots about her placement in school.

 

Noticing that Mrs. Ming, a.k.a the ‘stupid old hag’ was about to teach again, Jieun picked up the pen that rested on the table and waited for the teacher to write on the whiteboard before copying it down on her notebook.

 

Just be glad I have no intentions to fail this class, you old hag.

 


 

 

“So I heard that you got punished?” Minah asked whilst taking a sip of her drink.

 

I nodded, rolling my eyes, feeling indignant. She’s always picking on me, but I still feel wronged. Byun Baekhyun who was 2 seats away from me was happily chatting away with Minseok (who tried his best to ignore Baekhyun), yet Mrs. Ming didn’t even spare him a glance. Talk about favouritism.

 

“It’s not the first time anyways. Just ignore her, she’s crazy!” Joy exclaimed, earning a nod from Minah and I.

 

“Well, do you guys want to come over? We could study for a bit.” I asked Joy and Minah.

 

“Sure, I mean, I hate studying alone. It’s boring.”  Minah complained, frowning.

 

That’s exactly why I invited you over...

 


 

 

“Mom, I’m home. I brought Joy and Minah along with me!” I greeted while taking off my shoes.

 

“Minah, Joy! Good to have you guys here again. I’ll be making some snacks for you guys if you need me.” She spoke as she put her apron on and walked back into the kitchen. Minah and Joy smiled and thanked her.

 

“Come on, let’s go up.” I motioned for the two of them to follow me as I walked up the flight of stairs.

 

I twisted the doorknob and entered my room. “Dibs on the beanbag!” I announced, jumping onto the bean bag the moment I stepped foot into the room. The two girls behind me could only laugh at how childish I could be sometimes.

 

We took out the notes we jotted down earlier that morning and began to revise. After an hour of studying, we suddenly heard a car honk. Curious, Joy stood up and peeked out of my window.

 

“Hey Jieun, do you perhaps have a new neighbour?” She asked, turning around to look at me.

 

“I do? I mean, I do!” I stuttered. Since when did I have a new neighbour?

 

“Yea my new neighbour. They have a… a daughter, she’s real nice.” I blurted, unsure of what I was saying. I didn’t even know I had a new neighbour!

 

“Erm, Jieun, I think your new neighbour is a boy…” Joy remarked, pointing to a figure out the window. Minah burst out into a fit of laughter upon hearing that, while Joy tried to hold her laughter back.

 

“Oh.”

 

Oh.

 


 

A/N: Hey guys so, this is a new story and, well, I’ll make sure to update it regularly. I promise! And also much longer chapters!