If Only everything didn't happen......

If Only

 

 

 

 

Daesung smile at the latest picture Seungri send. It was one of him back packing across Europe. He was in France at the moment. The smile fade from his face as he notice the paleness and the apparent weight loss on his brother. Daesung had a collection of such pictures, each of them telling him the progression of Seungri's disease. He play with the picture, once again with the idea of persuade his brother to get medical help, but it was apparent that Seungri was going to be stubborn about it anyway. The ringing bell brought Daesung out from his sad thoughts. He put the picture down and answer the door.

 

He jaw worked silently as he realised who exactly was outside his door.

 

"What do you want?" Daesung ask seriously.

 

Lee Chaerin didn't look that good. She had lost weight and eye bags under her eyes is no joke. "I can't find Seungri," she say but the pleading was obvious in her entire body.

 

Daesung, though still pissed as hell, feel himself moved by the depth of pain written all over Chaerin's face. He recognised that look. Seungri had it when he left a year and half ago. That and the longing. "He doesn't want you to find him. You and everyone else," he told her firmly.

 

"I just need his email address. He changed it. He sold his house, his studio, everything. Please," Chaerin seems begging him. "I just want to… speak… see… I want to know he's okay," she manage to say finally, swallowing the lump in . She looked about to burst into tears.

 

"You should have thought that before you crushed his spirit," Daesung gave up on keeping his tone levelled.

 

"I was saving his life!" Chaerin yell, matching Daesung’s temper.

 

That caught Daesung completely off guard as he reduce his tone. "Explain."

 

"If I do… would you tell me where Seungri is?" Her eyes seems sparkling at the thought of seeing Seungri again.

 

"This is not a negotiation. You explain and then I'll decide if I want to tell you." Daesung know he sound angry, but he just couldn't get the pain on Seungri's expression when he walked out his door. He moved aside and motioned for her to come in.

 

Once they were settled into the couch, Daesung give her a signal to start.

 

Chaerin looked like he didn't now where to begin. "I… " she take a deep breath. "I don't love TOP."

 

Daesung snort. "Does that matter now? You should have think about it carefully before you married him. I'm not a marriage counsellor. I have no interest in your problems."

 

"It has nothing to do with my marriage problems!" Chaerin almost yell.

 

"I didn't love TOP when I married him and…" she stopped Daesung who seemed to want to interrupt. "Let me finish before you pass the judgement. It's true that I has been away for two weeks before the accident happen. My father decided that he had enough. He can’t accept that I want to be with Seungri."

 

Daesung was surprise by Chaerin’s confession.

 

Chaerin lowered her voice, pain was writing all over her face. "My father ask me to choose whether to form alliance with the Choi’s family so that he can get a piece of land he always want or he would disown me." A sneer twisted Chaerin's lips. "I laugh at my father. I know he would not do that to me and even if he did, it didn't matter. Seungri was all I cared about."

 

"Then, why…" Daesung trailed off, unable to find a proper sentence. He wanted desperately to hold on to his anger but that damned wistful expression of Chaerin's face when his mind run through the memories of Seungri was making it damned hard to hold on to it.

 

"When my father realised that I intend to leave the company he blackmail me. Marry TOP or Seungri dies."

 

Daesung immediately shot up from his seat. "I will kill that bastard!"

 

"I was really angry. I told him to shove his threats and decided on asking Seungri to marry me anyway." Chaerin's eyes clouded over, her mind flash the memories of her and Seungri last night. "That night, I was going to ask him to marry me."

 

"And the rest is history," Daesung mocked. He wanted very much to kill someone right now. Seungri had thrown his life away. He thought his life ended when Chaerin broke up with him. Daesung was sure that Seungri would fight his illness hardly if he knew Chaerin was waiting at the end of a very long and hard road. But instead, Chaerin’s father had taken away Seungri very reason for living.

 

"So, you see, I had to. I did it so Seungri could live."

 

"So what has changed?"

 

Chaerin look at him. "My father has the land he wants change to his name and TOP want a divorce."

 

Daesung was collapsed into his chair and buried his face into his hands. Chaerin watch in confuse but then his shoulder was shaking and she realised that Daesung was crying. For a moment, she was shocked but soon a sudden fear gripped her. Only Seungri could make Daesung lose control like that …

 

"Daesung, can you tell me where is Seungri?" Chaerin voice came out as a high pitched squeak, but she made her intentions clear. Her mind was in turmoil. Where was her lover? Had something bad happened to Seungri? She was on the edge to grab Daesung by the shoulders and shaking him.

 

Daesung looked up, tears making tracks down his face. For that one moment, he looked older and so haunted. So damned haunted. He got up and pulled Chaerin with him, to his little wall where he put all Seungri’s picture.

 

He study Chaerin as she looked through the dozen of pictures carefully. She was smiling. Then slowly a frown formed in her face. Daesung has pin the pictures based on chronology. There were the earlier ones where Seungri was happy and really enjoying his much deserved holiday and then there were the ones he received recently where he could see the forced smile the young man had on. Those were the ones that really hurt. It hurt Daesung that he couldn't be there with his brother, and his brother didn't want him there. His mind understood Seungri wanted the dignity of control and not letting his friends see him failing and getting hurt by it, but his heart told his mind to go screw himself. His brother had God knows how long left and he needed to be with him. If only he could find Seungri. All the postcard had no return address and Daesung guessed Seungri purposely did it that way.

 

"What's wrong with him?" Chaerin demanded, a white face turn to get some answer from Daesung. Her heart rate increased as she stared at the pictures. Seungri look sick, he looked like… Oh God, he looked like he was dying.

 

"You married TOP to save his life," Daesung told her. "You pushed him out of your life so he could live his. When you did that, he realised he had nothing left to live for. So he didn't go for chemotherapy."

 

C.H.E.M.O.T.H.E.R.A.P.Y… The word screamed in Chaerin's ears. That's what a person need when he had cancer right? But Seungri didn't have cancer, did he? DID HE? Her mind scream but she had not ready for the answer. "What…" she stopped when her voice failed her. "What do you mean?" she successfully got her voice out on the second try.

 

"That night, when you got stab, he was actually going to tell you that he had been diagnosed with bone cancer." that came out bitter. "Seungri decided to crap it and live the rest of his life out the way he wanted it."

 

Chaerin could feel her legs shaking and she fell to the floor. What had she done? She was killing Seungri, she was killing the one thing she wanted more than anything in the world. "W-Why didn't you make him?" she was shaking uncontrollably; eyes full of guilty. "To made him save his own damned life. Why!"

 

Daesung sigh and slump himself over the wall. "We try everything. Arguing, yelling, persuading and even threatening to make him change his decision. But he is the most stubborn ever to walk this Earth."

 

"I need to find Seungri. I need to tell him and explain." She whispered.

 

"Kwon Jiyong has been trying for the past few months to find him. I can only guess where he is but that's all. He moves around too much."

 

Chaerin look up to him. "You mean Boom unnie and Jiyong know about this?"

 

"They didn't tell you?" Daesung assumed they maybe contact each other, but then he figured out maybe the siblings was probably pissed as hell with her.

 

Chaerin just shake her head and that confirm what he had guess. "What are we going to do?" she ask looking utterly lost.

 

Daesung bend down in front of her. "The only thing we can… Wait."

 

 

 

are u guys statisfied with this chapter??