CHAPTER 7: BEAUTIFUL

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

 

The days passed by blissfully as the group of friends grew stronger and completed their school terms successfully. In Taemin’s case, he graduated high school and moved on to Jinki, Jonghyun, Minho, and Kibum’s high school.
Kibum had also begun working at a successful café across a few blocks from his own home since he enjoyed the atmosphere. He was also the employee of the month several times and took his job seriously while becoming friendly with his fellow co-workers.
However, as time flew by, Kibum’s 18th birthday was approaching as well. The boys all realized this and were all quite cautious and nervous about the entire ordeal. It seemed so surreal at this point.
Kibum’s birthday happened to occur on a Saturday. Everyone acted pretty normal and his close friends held a small party for him, complete with a cake and presents. Kibum was happy but there was one thing always on the back of his mind.
“Hyung, are you gonna be alright?” Taemin asked as he put on his coat.
“Of course”, Kibum huffed, rolling his eyes, “And you better finish that English essay”.
“Hyung!” Taemin whined, “It’s due next week though”.
“I don’t care. I need to check it”, Kibum nagged.
“Happy birthday”, Jinki said, hugging Kibum.
Kibum hugged and thanked everyone for the party.
“I love you”, Jonghyun said, kissing his boyfriend.
“Okay, let’s keep this rated” Minho said, “It’s late”.
“Alright, call me if anything’s wrong”, Jonghyun waved..

Minho suggested for Kibum to sleep in his room that night in case something happened.
But surprisingly, the boy slept like a log, stirring around at most.
Even the next morning, tensions were growing as nothing happened.

While Minho was wary, Kibum was totally fine with the situation as he had breakfast and got ready for work.
“Where do you think you’re doing?”
“To work”.
“But what if something happens? That’s taking too much of a risk Kibum, and you know it”, Minho scolded as he prepared for his morning run.
Kibum rolled his eyes and sighed, “It’s Sunday and I’ll be bored. Call Taemin”.

"Hyung... Are you alright?" Taemin asked for the fourth time. Kibum was curled on the couch, clutching his stomach in pain.
"For God's sake Taemin! Do I look alright?" he gasped in annoyance.
"Should I call hyung?"
"It's a stomachache. Why would you call him for that?" Kibum groaned.
"Did you have anything weird this morning?"
"I didn't have anything at all!"
"That's wierd", Taemin pondered. Suddenly, his body went stiff, "hyung!"
"What now?"
"I'm not addicted by your scent!" Taemin exclaimed in realization.
"Okay congrats".
"No! You smell ... Different. I think I really should call Jonghyun hyung!" Taemin exclaimed.
This time, Kibum didn't protest. By now, even he realized Taemin's amazing senses. If he said something was off, it was bound to be true.
He exchanged a few words with Jonghyun and hung up, stating that Jonghyun would arrive soon.
But then, Kibum lost control of his body as a strong pain shook his body and a scream pierced through his lips. He was out of control as his eyes turned a dark shade of red. His eyes weren't focusing and Taemin's natural instincts took over as well.
He was a rational being himself and he'd protect himself in case Kibum acted aggressively.
The younger boy was part worried but also cautious as he stood at a distance as he saw his friend's body twist and turn on the floor.
Thankfully, Jonghyun entered the room and saw Kibum's state; his eyes were wide.
"He's changing", was all he could say before turning to to the young hybrid vampire.
"Taemin you should go. I don't know how Kibum will react to you here. He may become panicked by instinct".
The boy only nodded and rushed out the door.
There wasn't much the elder could do even though he wished to take away his mate's pain. He watched painfully as Kibum struggled. His hands shortened white ears grew first. Hair grew from Kibum's every pore and his face grew a long snout. His clothes were ripped beyond repair as well.
In a painfully long five minutes, lay a white wolf on the living room floor. The still animal's body moved up and down slowly as he breathed.
Jonghyun also changed to his wolf form. He was a larger wolf than Kibum and his built was considerably larger as well. He cautiously went over to his mate who barely acknowledged him from fatigue. Only his eyes looked up at the brown wolf. Jonghyun sat next to his mate and the white wolf's cheek.
'You're beautiful', he said through his mind link. The white wolf's smaller body fit into his own perfectly as the wolf was out like a bulb.

The last thing Minho could've ever expected was to go home and find two large wolves curled up in his living room. He recognized the larger one as Jonghyun as he turned in front of him before so he expected the white one to be Kibum... His own brother.
In awe and curiosity, he bent down and extended his hand slowly to touch the white canine.
But before he could make contact, a growl was emitted from the larger male.
Quickly, retracting his hand, Minho sent the two animals one more look before rushing out the door.
It was so unreal!
He hurried to Jinki's apartment, giving Jonghyun and Kibum alone time.

Jonghyun was awake and watchful as he patiently watched the beautiful white wolf sleep. He looked so graceful and his chest filled with pride; Kibum was his, this gorgeous wolf was his mate.
He had heard Minho enter but a protective instinct suddenly came over him when the other person came closer. He released a low growl and Minho understood, leaving the two alone, for which Jonghyun was grateful for.
As he felt Kibum stir, he nuzzled his mate softly, "Come on Bummie; wake up".
The white wolf seemed confused as he looked at Jonghyun in shock. He got up abruptly before slumping back down due to his lack of coordination.
"You changed; congrats", Jonghyun said through the mind link.
"H-how do I change back?" came the frightened reply.
"Close your eyes and imagine yourself changing", Jonghyun said before changing himself as a demonstration.
After a few seconds, Kibum attempted as well. His looked at his hands, a thankful expression came over his features.
But then he noticed he was stark .
He immediately tried covering up with his hands, which weren't doing much.
Jonghyun chuckled and ruffled the younger's hair, "Why're you so shy? It's not like
I haven't seen you before".
Kibum hurried and grabbed some clothes before he calmed down and actually spoke.
He collapsed on the couch, beside Jonghyun.
"I actually changed!" he said in amazement.
"Good job", Jonghyun smiled, "And you're not too bad to look at either".
"Not bad?" Kibum snorted, "I looked absolutely gorgeous. You said so yourself".
"Getting cocky now, huh?" Jonghyun said, attacking his boyfriend with tickles.
Kibum squealed as he shielded his stomach. And pushed the other off  of him.
“So what now?”
“Well, this is quite a big deal…”, Jonghyun began, “And Minho looked quite surprised, wanna go see the guys?”
“Sure, I didn’t see Minho”, Kibum got up, “And where did Taemin go?”
“I sent him out in case your body reacted weirdly with a vampire around. Our bodies often work by instinct and I didn’t want extra pressure. You had to be calm for an easier change”, Jonghyun explained.
“That explains why I feel so… new”, Kibum said stretching his arms.
The pair drove to Jinki’s apartment where everyone was present.
“Hyung! I head you’re a really pretty white wolf!” Taemin exclaimed, “Can I see? Please, please, please??”
Kibum chuckled and Jinki congratulated him happily.
“So show us!” Minho said excitedly.
Kibum looked at Jonghyun unsure, “So how do I change again?”
“Calm your body, stretch, and just think about it. But you’re going to have to remove your shirt and loosen your pants if you don’t want them ripped.”
Kibum followed the instructions and closed his eyes, thinking of his wolf form. Without warning, he was overwhelmed with so much pain that he couldn’t utter a single word. Finally, he felt paws and collapsed on the ground, panting from the short painful process.
Minho, Jinki, and Taemin stared as Kibum changed form in mere 2.5 seconds. But as soon as he did, his limbs gave out.
Jonghyun bent down and petted his mate’s fur. “He’s fine. It takes some getting used to since changing to wolf form requires quite a bit of energy”, he explained.
It didn’t take Kibum long to recover as we sat up, looking at his friends.
Minho chuckled and petted his snout fondly, “Wow! You’re actually a wolf!”
“You’re so soft!” Taemin exclaimed, hugging his body. He looked up at Jinki, “Hyung, can we keep him?”
Jinki laughed at his cousin before hitting the back of his head, “He’s not a pet, idiot. It’s Kibum!”
Kibum enjoyed the attention and petting from everyone.
“You know, he isn’t even scary”, Taemin said thoughtfully, earning a little nip on his leg.
“That’s true”, Jinki added, “He’s probably half the size of Jonghyun.”
The white wolf growled and returned to his human form, “Screw you”.
He glared at the boys who just laughed.
“So when are you going to show Jonghyun’s family? I’m sure they’re curious”, Minho asked.
Kibum jumped up, “That’s a great idea! Can we, Jjong?”
Jonghyun thought for a while, “I guess so. They’re probably not too busy at the moment”.

The two decided that Kibum will greet them in his wolf form as a surprise.
He and Jonghyun entered with Jonghyun on the lead.
“Mom, I’m home!”
“In the kitchen! You’re just in time for lun…”, she froze when Kibum entered the kitchen, looking up at her.
She gasped, “Is—is that?”
Jonghyun grinned, “My mate”.
She gasped before bending down to touch the white male.
“HONEY GET OVER HERE!!” she yelled, making both boys cringe.
“What? Is lunch done already?” Jonghyun’s dad asked as he entered the room.
He was also in awe when he saw Kibum’s form.

“Oh you’re beautiful!” Jonghyun’s mother gushed at the table, after Kibum turned back to a human. Kibum shyly thanked her.
“When did you turn?” his father inquired.
“This afternoon actually”, Kibum answered.
“Well Jonghyun”, his father patted his back, “You’re one lucky boy”.
Jonghyun smiled, “Thanks pops”.
“Who’s a lucky boy?”
Siwon had come entered the room, taking off his leather jacket.
“Oh you’re done patrolling already?” his father asked.
Siwon nodded and took a seat, “Nice to see you here Kibum”.
The boy nodded respectfully.
“Oh we were just talking about Kibum’s wolf form! He changed today and he’s an absolutely gorgeous creature!” Jonghyun’s mother said excitedly.
Siwon smiled, “Well, congratulations. Welcome to the pack”.  
Now, Kibum’s entry into the pack was official and he would be spending a lot more time there, learning the duties and officially greeting the pack members of the clan. 

 

Jonghyun's Wolf Form