Chapter 5~

You Belong With Me

The sun started to set when you reached the beach. It was starting to get chilly, so you wrapped your arms around yourself for warmth. 

Where's Baekhyun?

Suddenly you felt something fall onto your shoulders.  You turned your head and saw Baekhyun. 

"Here, put this on or you'll catch a cold." Baekhyun helped you put on his jacket and smiled at you warmly. "Thanks." You said while smiling back. 

"No problem~. So um, why did you call me?" He asked. 

"I...I'm ready to give you an answer." 

Upon hearing that, Baekhyun bit his lip and then smiled nervously. 

"Oh? Okay..."

Just say it y/n! You closed your eyes and said "...Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

Baekhyun nodded. "Oh. I understand...I'll just be on my way-wait what? Did...Did you just say YES?!" 

You nodded and gave him a smile. 

"YES, she said yes!!" He shouted happily.

You laughed as Baekhyun picked you up and spun you around a couple of times. Is he really that happy?

When he put you down, something fell out of the jacket you were wearing.

"Huh? What's this?" You wondered. 

It was a rose. You picked it up and looked at Baekhyun. 

He blushed and scratched his head in embarrassment. "Oh, haha. Well, my confession to you wasn't all that great and romantic...so I wanted to get you something to make up for it."

You smiled at his thoughtful gift and gave him a sincere Thank You. 

Baekhyun smiled widely at you and took your hands. "Y/N, since the first day I saw you, I fell for you. I didn't have the courage to confess sooner, but when I saw Chanyeol take you away today...I became jealous and got worried that I would lose you to him...that I would be too late. Thank you for waiting for me and for saying yes."

Wow, I never knew he felt that way..."Ah yes, how did you know that I was at the beach earlier?" You asked curiously.

"Oh...well, Chanyeol told me that you would always go here whenever you felt stressed or depressed about something."

Of course Chanyeol would know me so well..."Oh, I see." You said.

"Yeah...what did you and Chanyeol talk about that made you feel that way? Did something happen?"

"No, um...we just talked about our future and about what we're going to do after graduating college. Turning into an adult and having new responsibilities is going to be very tough." 

Baekhyun smiled and  gave you a back hug. He held you tight and placed his head on your shoulder. "Don't worry y/n. From now on, you're under my responsibility. I will be there with you for every step of the way." 

You looked down at your feet. I wish I could do that for you wholeheartedly too, Baekhyun...but my heart belongs to Chanyeol.