Gays in Space

Gays in Space || A Fem!Jackbam/Bamson fic

Jackie sat on the cold metal floor in front of a humongous window. The stars that use to hang still in the sky on earth zoomed past her like shooting stars now, a testament to the hyperdrive of the ship she rode. The vastness of space seemed to press it’s self against the window, taunting her with it’s endless possibilities and dangers. For all the dreaming and promising she did when she was younger, she was never 100% sure she’d be able to make it to space. A part of her was sure that she’d be stuck on the ground, like a tree with it’s roots so deep in the earth that not even a hurricane could make it sway. But here she was. A thousand lightyears away from her home planet and family and problems.

 

Well.

 

Most of her problems.

 

Slender, warm arms wrapped around her shoulders and a small kiss was pressed to her neck. Jackie jumped slightly and whipped around to find just who she was expecting.

 

Bonbon. A thai girl would had the same dreams of traveling the stars as her. She had bleached blond hair that hung in long, thick pig tails around her chubby, cute face. 

 

She was the source of all Jackie’s problems ever since she left earth.

 

Content to spending all her free time trailing behind Jackie, Bonon had forced her way into the tall girl’s life. She’d sit by her at meals and babble on in english with her cute accent and shower at the same time as her. She’d challenge her to ping pong tournaments when they had hours for the rec room and invite herself over to Jackie’s room for sleepovers that were less of a sleepover and more of a cuddleover. When they finally decided to go to bed after playing video games that ended with them wrestling each other to decide who had actually won the title of Ultimate Overlord of the Universe, Bonbon would press herself up against Jackie’s side and wrap her arms around her, instantly falling asleep. The other girl, however, was never able to sleep on nights like this. She was too accustomed to sleeping alone, too use to tossing and turning until she finally fell asleep from pure exhaustion.

 

Bonbon made Jackie loose sleep and never left her alone. It drove her crazy on a level that no one else had even been able to reach.

 

Last night had been another one of their sleepovers but it had been worst than the usual ones. When they had started getting ready for bed, Bonbon changed into a pair of tiny, tiny shorts and a tank top. When she cuddled up against Jackie, she wrapped her bare legs around her and nuzzled into her neck. Bonbon’s hot breath tickled her neck and made her shiver. 

 

It had been a long, long night.

 

When clock on the wall announced with a mechanical bird cheep that the ship’s fake sun had risen, Jackie quickly but carefully unwrapped Bonbon from her and left to find somewhere she could be alone.

 

But no matter when she went, Bonbon would always find her.

 

“Jackie, why didn’t you tell me you were leaving? I got worried.” She pouted slightly and rested her chin on the others shoulder.

 

“Sorry,” She reached over and wrapped her arm around Bammy. 

 

“The stars look really pretty don't they?” The Thai girl shifted her gaze out the window and watched the stars go by. “It’s weird that they look that they’re moving. I don't think I’ll get use to that.”

 

Jackie looked down at Bonbon. The stars reflected in her eyes and made her look even prettier than she already was.

 

“There’s a lot of things I don’t think I’ll get use to.” She murmured in reply.

 

***

 

As a rule, Jackie didn't get into fights.

 

They were stupid and didn’t solve anything. It wasn’t worth the bruises and broken bones. She preferred to solve things by talking and joking around.

 

However, that didn’t mean she didn’t know how to and wasn’t going to fight when someone was asking for it.

 

Jackie moved slowly, skirting around the edge of the crowd that surrounded her and her opponent. His name was Logan. He was annoying and she barely tolerated him on a good day. But today was not a good day. Bonbon was sick and Jackie had been running around all day taking care of her, grabbing medicine and the ingredients to make soup for her. On her way home from the store, Logan had started talking to her and made a backhanded comment about how she must be tired of “that gay” relying on her all the time. 

 

The grocery bag hadn’t even hit the ground before Jackie landed a punch on his jaw.

 

Logan drove forward to try and hit her her back but she dodged his clumsy attack. Jackie put her hands in her pockets and grinned cheekily at him, challenging him to try to hit her. She lazily danced around everything he tried to throw at her. At one point she ever took a hand out of her pocket, pretended to yawn in boredom, and winked at cuties in the crowd watching them. Logan was started to get tired but Jackie was still in top shape and he knew it. He began to look for the sly, underhanded way to win this fight.

 

“You’re just bluffing,” Logan stopped chasing her and smiled as if he had already defeated her. ”You wouldn’t actually fight me. You don’t have the guts because you’re just a stupid and a girl to beat.”

 

Jackie smiled pleasantly but danger shined in her eyes like a warning. She strolled over to Logan and flirtatiously took his hand. He looked confused for a slip second since he had been sure that she’d get angry at his slur.

 

“You’re right.” 

 

She suddenly wrapped an arms around his waist and threw him over her shoulder. His body hit the ground with a dull thud and she straddled him before he had gotten his bearings. Jackie punched him in the jaw, right where she had hit him before. The bruise was getting darker and darker and bigger and bigger.

 

Yep. He made her angry alright.

 

“I’m just a stupid girl .” She leaned close to his face and dropped her smile. The expression on her face was down right terrifying. “But this gay girl just beat you up and I will do it as many times as I have to if you don’t leave me and Bonbon alone.”

 

“I knew it. I knew you two sickos were ing. A friend of a is always a .” Even when he had been beaten, Logan still tried to act like he was better than her.

 

Jackie stood up, said nothing, and left him lying on the cold, hard ground with her head held high. The crowd parted for her and she picked up her groceries and went home without another word.

 

***

 

The smart house opened itself for Jackie and she closed the door behind herself with a soft click. 

 

“Jackie?” A soft, weak voice called out to her. 

 

“It’s me.” She left the food on the counter and went to the bedroom.

 

Bonbon was covered in a mountain of blankets. Her hair was a mess of tangles and her nose was red. Somehow, even when she was as sick as a dog, she still managed to look cute.

 

“What took you so long? The store is only a couple units away. Are you- Oof!” Jackie dove into bed with Bonbon and wrapped her arms around her. The sick girl blushed at the sudden affection.

 

“… I got in a fight.”

 

“What?!” Bonbon’s eyes widened in shock. “Are you okay? Did you beat them?”

 

Jackie started shacking and Bonbon started flapping her arms around, worried and not quite sure what to do.

 

“Jackie! Are you- Should I-? What ha-”

 

A high pitched hyena-like laughter interrupted her. Jack leaned her head back and was practically howling.

 

“‘Did I beat them?’” She repeated with tears in her eyes and a goofy smile on her face. “I get in a fight and that’s what your worried about? I’m so glad you care about me.”

 

“I did ask if you were okay.” Bonbon said. “But really, what happened? I thought you said you hated getting in fights.”

 

The joy fell off her face and an angry scowl replaced it as she thought about Logan. “I do. But this guy was asking for it.”

 

“What’d he do?” Jackie was silent. “Tell me.”

 

“Bonbon,” Jackie changed the topic. She thought about what Logan had said. To everyone else they looked like a couple. But what did Bonbon see them as? Jackie had grown fond of the other girl (quite possibly too fond) and maybe, you know if Bonbon was up for it, Jackie could see them as being something more. Before she could even begin to second guess her snap decision, she let the question tumble from her lips. “What are your feelings for me?”

 

“I-Wha- Don’t change the topic.” Her face got bright red and she looked to the side.

 

“I’m serious.” She sat down on the bed and put her arm on the other side of Bonbon. Jackie had effectively trapped the sick girl, with both her arms and the intense gaze she cast on her. “Bonbon, do you like me?”

 

“I-I-” She stuttered and fell silent.

 

“Or do you hate me?” 

 

“I don’t hate you!”

 

“But do you like me? I need to know.”

 

Bonbon said nothing.

 

The two girls looked at each other. Jackie’s eyes were full of desperation and passion. Bonbon’s were surprised, unsure, and hesitant.

 

The moment passed and Jackie slowly pulled away.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll go make your soup.” She sounded detached and empty. Her shoulders slouched in disappointment. She took her silence as a no.

 

As she stood up, a hand grabbed hers and pulled her back. Jackie started to fall on top of Bonbon and tried to catch herself so she wouldn’t crush her. Bonbon let go of her hand grabbed her shirt to pull her close. She presses their lips together insistently. Once she had gotten over her surprise, Jackie lost her self in the feverish warmth of her crush’s touch and kissed her back hungrily.

 

When they finally parted, Jackie asked breathlessly, “Is that a yes?”

 

“Idiot, why would I kiss you if I didn’t?”

 

They grinned at each other, like young foolish lovers always do. Jackie carefully pulled Bonbon on top of her and cradled her head with her hand as she pulled her in for another kiss.

 

Logan was missing out. Gay relationships were way better than straight ones.

 

***

 

When Jackie first boarded the SS JYP, she saw Bonbon as a problem. She was a bothersome girl who wouldn’t leave her alone and was too cute for the tall girl’s poor heart to handle. And in a way she still was a problem. She made it difficult for Jackie to leave for work in the morning and made her spend more time than she use to making sure she looked good everyday. But Bonbon was the best kind of problem, the kind she wanted to spend hours and hours figuring out over and over again. 

 

Jackie lived a charmed life. She had her dream job, lived to travel the stars, and had a cute girlfriend to do everything with.