Ver. 2

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: This version takes a whole diffrent spin ^_^  Author’s P.O.V

Today was a normal day for Liyin. She woke up went to work and then back home. It has become routine ever since she moved to this small village.

She had been saving money so that that when she had enough she could escape the placed that she called home.

That place was nothing more than a beating place and the most memorable thing that happened was that she was finally able to leave.

Now she was in a new village. Were nobody knew here. This was a fresh new start.

She was able to rent a small room from an old lady. Everybody there was extremely nice. Everything around the village was green.  It was a village built on an open field which was surrounded trees. It seemed like a small fairy tale in real life.

Though it was a very calm place, Liyin still didn’t feel at ease. She still somewhat felt out of place and now she knew why she didn’t fit in.

The night showed a full moon when the old lady and several other villagers gathered inside of Liyin’s room and dragged her to some place inside the woods.

She screamed and swarmed as she tried to fight them but it was no use.

“We knew you would be the one we needed to sacrifice this fool moon.” One of the employers said.

“Why are you doing this to me? I never did anything wrong.” Liyin yelled as she tried to yank her hands away from them.

“You are being sacrificed to the wolves, little one. If we do not they will come once again to our village and take whatever they want. This is part of our treaty with them. Now we have to fulfil our part for them not to attack. I am so sorry my dear.” The old lady said as they tied her hands around a poll in the middle of the woods.

“Please let me go. I want to live.” She cried as the rope burned her wrists from trying to move her hands.

“It’s better you than us.” One of the villagers said before everyone disappeared from site.

Liyin was scared and alone in the middle of the woods. She was going to get eaten alive by wolves.

She escaped her miserable life to come to an even worse one.

In the distance she heard the howls of the wolves which were approaching her.

She started to shake in fear wondering if her death was going to be quick and painless or slow and painful.

Not even ten minutes passed by and she heard growls within the nearby trees. She could hear the twigs on the floor breaking within each step the wolves took.

They were doing it on purpose. The wanted to see her scared face before they would attack and she gave them what they wanted.

“Please just let me go. Please let me live.” She cried as she hugged the poll the she was tied to.

The wolves continued to surround her as looking for something that would give them a sign to attack. She just kept weeping, thinking that she wasn’t going to live another day.

Growls surrounded her but there was a small whimper that broke almost all growls.

A smaller wolf was being held by the neck with powerful jaws. It was whimpering as if it was saying he was wrong for trying to attack.

The larger wolf just jolted his head to the side as it made the smaller wolf fly across the space between Liyin and the wolves.

The larger wolf growled to the rest of the wolves which caused them to retreat. Once all the wolves lingered in the distance the wolf went up to her and a cut that she had on her arm.

Liyin was shaking in fear not knowing if he was tasting or showing her friendliness. She then heard him whimper as he snuggled his face against hers.

She felt his fur but soon was left without the smooth and warm touch.

She slowly turned her face too meet face to face with the warm brown yellow eyes.

The wolf slowly left and brought a small knife between his teeth and nuzzled his nose against her hands. She saw what he was trying to do and slowly grabbed the knife from his mouth and started to cut through the rope.

The wolf carefully watched her from a safe distance but soon got irritated by seeing how much she struggled to cut the rope.

The wolf sighed and as he walked behind some trees soon after a young man walked out from the same tree.

He had a robe of which looked like a royal robe that a king would wear but it was much more smaller which caused it to be at ankles length.

“Let me help you.” he said. Liyin looked up and saw him, she was mesmerized.

He was very handsome and tall. His eyes were dark brown, hair was black and messy, and his skin was pale.

He grabbed the knife and cut the rope which bounded Liyin to the pole.

 “Thank you” Liyin said as she rubbed her wrists.

“Let me take you to my village, we can treat your wounds there.”  He said as he put a hand out.

She was about to grab his hand when she fell to the floor unconscious.

He let out another small sigh as he bent down and picked her up before heading to his village.

-----

“How is she?” A voice disturbed Liyin’s sleep.

“She is fine. She just fainted due to fatigue and the fright she had last night. Other than that she should wake in a few hours.” The nurse said as she answered the young man.

“Thank you, you may take a leave now.”

The young man then took a seat on the bed and leaned over to get a better look at the girl’s face.

She was indeed beautiful in his eyes. He smiled at the thought that he had finally found his mate but he still had to slowly make her fall in love with him.

“You can open your eyes.” He said as he brushed a hair strand off her face with the back of his hand.

She did as she was told but still had a fear in her eyes.

“Don’t be scared no one is going to hurt you.”

“Who are you? Why did you help me?”

“First question, my name is Chen. As for the second question I think it’s the right thing to do when someone is in need, don’t you think?”

Liyin slowly nodded her head. “My name is Liyin.” She muttered.

“Its nice to finally know your name.” He smiled at her which caused her to blush.

“Let me show you around my village since you are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter