I Never Expected

GTOP One-Shot Collection

 

This was my first ever one-shot


Seunghyun sighed in frustration.

Why can’t Jiyong see it? That his hyung was in love with him? He wasn’t sure exactly when his friendly regard for his leader turned into love. It could possibly have been love from the start, but he didn’t know it.

Being in a popular band made things even more difficult. He couldn’t show his affection without the public ripping them to pieces. He wasn’t selfish enough to ruin the careers of his friends. The past seven years had brought them closer and closer, and to be honest he didn’t imagine his life without Big Bang.

He watched as his leader stuffed his mouth with food. They were in the dance studio today, practicing for their upcoming concert. The sight of Jiyong eating like that had a fond smile tugging at the corners of Seunghyun’s mouth.

He hasn’t even finished what was on his plate, not wanting to gain weight. He took the rest of his food and put in Jiyong’s plate. The leader looked up, surprised, then the surprise turned into a huge, gummy smile with a “Thanks, hyung!” said in between spoonfuls. Seunghyun just chuckled at his dongsaeng. The boy was getting thinner each day with their back-to-back schedules.

Since Seunghyun can never confess his true feeling to Jiyong, he tries his best to show his affection through little actions like this. He doesn’t feel like it’s enough, but it’s the only thing he can do in their situation.

As soon as Jiyong and the rest of them finished eating, they returned to practice. It took Seunghyun more time to remember the choreography than the rest of them since he was always bad at dancing. Jiyong always went easy on him, but Jaewook never did. After 4 hours of practice, they were dismissed.

“I’ll stay here for bit, you guys go ahead,” Seunghyun said, wanting to practice the dance steps some more.

“Hyung, you should rest,” Daesung said.

“No, I’m fine. I really need to get these dance steps down.”

“Just don’t stay here too long, hyung,” Jiyong said, scrunching his face his face in worry.

“Okay, okay. I will,” Seunghyun said, a little happy that Jiyong seemed worried about him.

As the rest of Big Bang left, Seunghyun the music and turned towards the mirrors to start practicing the dance moves.

Two hours later, Seunghyun was done. All he wanted to do was go home, take a long, hot bath, and go to sleep. As he made his way up the stairs and out the building into the cold night air, he noticed that his manager was gone. He frowned. How was he going to get home now? He didn’t have a car (or have a driver’s license for that matter). He was just about to go into the main road to hail a cab, when he saw Jiyong’s Lamborghini. Jiyong was still here? Why? He reached into his pocket to get his phone so he can call the man, when a hand rested on his shoulder. He spun around, and relaxed when he realized it was the same person he wanted to call a second ago.

“Jiyong! You scared me!” Seunghyun exclaimed, feigning fear. To be honest he was happy. He didn’t know why Jiyong had stayed behind, but the fact that he did, and the possibility that he was waiting for him, made Seunghyun happy.

He heard a small laugh from the younger man.

“Why are you still here? I thought you left hours ago?” Seunghyun asked.

“I… Uh… I had some work to finish at the studio,” came Jiyong’s flustered reply. “I told manager hyung that I’ll give you a ride. I just went down to the dance studio but I didn’t see you so I knew you were done.”

Jiyong was rambling. He only rambled when he was nervous. Seunghyun had to bite his lower lip to stop the huge smile that was threatening to come out. He cleared his throat in an attempt to stop the laughter that was building inside him. He needed to keep a straight face.

“Oh, okay,” Seunghyun said, walking toward Jiyong’s car, with Jiyong following him.

Soon they were on the road and on their way to the dorms. Seunghyun was smiling widely. It was fun seeing the younger so flustered. Who would have thought that there would be a day when THE Kwon Jiyong, G-Dragon, would be flustered.

“Thank you,” Seunghyun said softly.

“For what?” Jiyong asked.

“For waiting for me.”

“What?!” Jiyong exclaimed. His face was becoming red slowly. Seunghyun could feel the heat of it radiate off of him. “I didn’t wait for you! I-I told you, I had some things I needed to finish at the studio.”

“Still thank you,” Seunghyun insisted.

Jiyong just pouted.

Once they got to their dorms, Jiyong parked the car, and practically fled. Seunghyun just chuckled. He thought it was time he make his affections known. He followed Jiyong into the building and into the elevator. Just when they got to the door of their dorms, Seunghyun stopped Jiyong by grabbing his wrist.

“H-hyung?” Jiyong asked, looking at said hyung nervously.

Seunghyun looked at him for a moment, then pulled him into a hug.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Jiyong said, squirming to get out of his hyung’s grasp.

“I just want you to know that I appreciate everything you’ve done for me Jiyong,” Seunghyun said, his voice just a little higher than a whisper. Jiyong stilled. This is not what he was expecting. Seunghyun pulled back a little. He needed to see Jiyong’s face when he says this.

“I… I like you Jiyong… as more than a friend,” Seunghyun says. Jiyong’s eyes go wide with shock, and he draws a breath of air in surprise. Slowly his cheeks are covered with a tint of pink. “I don’t really know when my feeling for you became more than friendship, but I think it was always that way. And what you did today, worrying about me and waiting for me, I really appreciate it.”

“I told you I just had some work at the stu—”

Seunghyun stopped whatever Jiyong was going to say next with a kiss. It was a soft, sweet kiss, full of all the affection Seunghyun feels for Jiyong.

Jiyong froze. Slowly, but surely, he started melting into the kiss. He has never been kissed like that in his entire life. He could feel the love Seunghyun had for him. He started returning the kiss with equal fervor. To be honest, he had feelings towards his hyung, but he always tried to be as subtle as he can about it. He never thought his hyung could feel the same way.

Soon, much too soon for both of them, they broke the kiss, as they were both running out of air. Seunghyun looked at his leader, who looked like he was in some kind of shock, and wondered if he had ruined everything for good. He was about to let go of Jiyong and apologize, when Jiyong opened his mouth to speak.

“I… I like you too, hyung,” Jiyong said, voice barely audible, and face turning crimson. “I always have, but I never thought that… that you could feel the same way,” he looked up at Seunghyun, offering him a shy smile.

Hearing Jiyong’s confession, Seunghyun could feel his heart beating a million beats per minute, and he could butterflies in his stomach as he thought about their future together.

“Do you…” Seunghyun started, not sure how he could say this. Jiyong looked at him, waiting for his hyung to continue. After taking a deep breath, Seunghyun continued, “Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?”

The blush on Jiyong’s face following that question, got even redder, if that was even possible.