The Encounter

Grounded

 

"Sera, I'm so disappointed in you!" Sera stood, eyes blinking trying to process what had happened, "And don't even think you won't get any punishment for that eventhough you're one of my favourite students"


Sera could hear students scoffing, some even made dramatic shocking faces, but with a pointing finger, her teacher continued, "For detention, you will also clean the school's old classroom tomorrow."

 

 

"You deserved it. Who told you to sleep in class? Especially during that witch's class? Oh no, I wouldn't even dare" In Na gave Sera a look as she let out a laugh.


"I had a project to do yesterday." Sera put her hands at her hips and sulked at the thought of cleaning the dirty old classroom. All alone and being surrounded by dust. Putting her books into her locker, she turned around facing her bestfriend when she spoke, "Just admit that you were stupid enough to let her catch you."


In Na gave her a pat on the back.


"Yah, I'm not stupid. I'm just-"


"Not smart enough. You have to be like me, I do things super fast. And the best thing is nobody catches me doing it. Awesome right?" Weird gestures and a proud look appeared on In Na's face. Covering her own face, Sera replied, "You will be a monkey if you do that. Besides, I thought the teachers were too tired to lecture you?"


"That is what you think. You wouldn't even know if they are envious of me."

 

"You're overthinking. But In Na-ah, do you think my parents will know about this?" Sera let out a gasp. In her point of view, her parents are crazy about grounding her. And she didn't like one bit of it. No, she hated it and she was sure she will get it if they knew.

 

"What? Detention? Sleeping in class?" Sera nodded and she grabbed In Na's shoulders as she shook her. 

 

"I bet my parents had already received a complain call from her. She always do that when we get detention"

 

"Don't worry, your parents won't kill you. They have such kind souls! I think you're the one who is over-exaggerating right now."

 

Sera flincked her forehead, disbelifed. "You're my bestfriend, that's why you were treated differently" In Na winced in pain, "It's alright. I'll still be there for you." Hugging her bestfriend, she looked at the time and an urgent look flashed over her face.

 

"Sera-ah, I have to go now. My mum's waiting for me to have lunch! I'll talk to you soon, kay?" Releasing the hug, she made texting gestures before she left.

 

-------

"And with the previous incident which was, you went out and took our money without permission. You are grounded." 

 

Facing her dad, Sera's jaw dropped, she was always right about her parents being unreasonable. "But that was half a year ago, and it was just 10 dollars. 10!"

 

"It's still money right? Never mind, you can just.."

 

Clean the front yard. "Cleaning the front yard will be enough" 

It's always the front yard. Sulking and complaining mentally, her feet took her out of the house. Standing on the frontyard with her hands on her hips, she took a broom and started sweeping without second thoughts.

 

Sera wiped her sweat as she frowned. The sun was burning hot and it totally, definietely didn't help at all. It only past 20 minutes, but why does it feel like 3 hours?

 

In her point of view, her parents were unreasonable. In her point of view too, the leaves were also unreasonable. No matter how long she sweeps, there will still be alot of leaves. As she mentally scolded them and let out a heavy sigh, she angrily swept them with full force. It was as if she has gone mad.

 

"YAH!" A sudden yell of pain escaped from a boy's mouth when the broom hit his leg. 

 

Sera widened her eyes when she looked up at the tall figure in front and then squinted it to get a better look on his face. "What are you doing sweeping like a retard!" He barked.


"I'm so sorry. I really didn't see you there" Handsome, but rude! 


The boy gave Sera a harsh glare and she immediately felt uncomfortable because the boy looked like he can hit anyone anytime anywhere.

 

"Oh I get it." His eyebrows raised as he continued, "You're one of the fans, trying to get my attention, huh?" What the 

 

She jumped slightly when he spoke with his deep and husky yet arrogant voice as he crossed his arms. "What fan? Look... I'm sorry for hitting you okay?" Sera thought the boy would forget everything and just go away but she was wrong.

 

He gave a knowing smirk as he looked at Sera from up to down, "Well, I'm more sorry to tell you that I, Koo Jun Hoe have high standards for girlfriends." 

 

Shocked, Sera let out a gasp and covered her upper body with both her hands while backing away. "Girlfriend?! Y-you'd better don't touch me! I still want to be single!" He can do almost anything to her with his tall height and strong arms. 

 

Silence took over the two of them for a while but then Junhoe made a face and rolled his eyes before he turned around. "Whatever. I don't have time for you" He groaned in pain touching his leg. Sera could hear him calling her crazy as he leaves. But as soon as he left, she sighed in relief and felt even more tired. Fighting or arguing was not her thing, probably In Na's, but definitely not hers. 

Koo Jun Hoe?

More like Koo Jun Doesn't-Know-Manners-Jerk!