Legato

Our Melody

I stood there in the piano room and froze. Did it sound bad? What did I do? I just sat there in shock until the bells rung for the next period. I quickly traveled back to class my music theory class. I entered the classroom and was hoping to see Peter but he wasn't there. I sat through the complicated class staring at his empty seat. Where did he go?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

I collasped onto the sofa in the room . I glanced at my father. As usual he was doing paperwork. I stared at his profile. After mother had left us he had dedicated his life to work to distract himself. Her death brooded over us like a infinite rain cloud. Father loved mother so much. He used to play the cello with her but he now hardly even touches the instrument. Even now , I still remeber the sound of the cello and violin together. The deep rich sound of the cello and the high glossy notes of the violin often lured me to sleep. 

"I hear that you finally got yourself a partner, Peter. Tell me, what is she like,this Lelia girl?" I stared at him and sighed.

"Well, she's pretty plain but her music is incredible. I can feel emotion when I hear her play. She puts her heart into it and you can feel with the song she is currently writing that she is trying to channel the feeling of love and joy through her song." My father lifted his face from his paper work and raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so? Interesting, you better stop ditching class Peter, don't let your grades fall." He then returned his attention to his work. I quickly got up and slowly walked to the door. I took one more glance at him and shut the door.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

I heard the classroom door open and saw Peter walk in. He strode over to his desk and sat down. The teacher didn't even say a single remark and continued on with the lesson. I was lost. I had no idea what all the words on the board meant and the lesson that the teacher was explaining. I layed my head on the table. All of these classes at the academy were difficult and most importantly boring. I thought that if I arrived here then I would be free to write as much music as possible and play on all sorts of different instruments but I was deeply mistakened. This isn't what I wanted. Even back home I was expected to work at the bakery all day and all night. I rarely had enough time to compose and even now I didn't. I turned to look at Peter again. He was bored too.