Gym Class

Gym Class

    Sunwoo doesn’t like gym class. He doesn’t see the point in endlessly doing jumping-jacks while the gym teacher rattles off attendance, then spending forty minutes trying to build a solid workout regimen when more than half of the students won’t continue once their mandatory semester in fitness hell is up. Because of this, he, like many others, only does the bare minimum. He shows up, bellows “here” when called, and swiftly evades dodge balls in an attempt to avoid participating in any unwarranted team-building activities.  Sunwoo doesn’t like gym class, but he loves the locker room. As his daily opportunity to gaze at half- boys, he enjoys his time there very, very much. He takes his time changing, eyes wandering around, taking in all the sights. But his favorite sight of all is the guy whose locker just happens to be right next to his. Jung Jinyoung, his Pre-Cal classmate. Most definitely one of the most attractive guys in the entire school. And Sunwoo gets to watch him take his shirt off everyday. It’s glorious. Today, however, as Sunwoo is about to change into his clean shirt, he’s suddenly tapped on the shoulder.

    “Hey,” Jinyoung says, and Sunwoo momentarily freezes in place, “Can I borrow your shirt? I forgot to pack a clean one and I don’t want to reek next period.” Sunwoo replies with a much too enthusiastic “Yeah!” and hands it over. “Thanks, you’re a lifesaver,” Jinyoung says before promptly peeling off his sweaty shirt and giving it to Sunwoo, “You can use my shirt if you want, it’s only fair.” Sunwoo stares at the light grey shirt in his grasp until he notices Jinyoung has changed. Jinyoung looks himself over. “It’s a little big, but that shouldn’t matter.” He looks up at Sunwoo. “Thanks again,” he says with a wave as he makes his way to the exit door. Sunwoo doesn’t take his eyes off him until he’s no longer in sight. He brings the balled-up shirt close to his face and sighs into it contentedly.

    “I love gym class.”