Unconditionally

Happiness For Myself

The sun shines through the window, waking me from my slumber. I move to the bathroom and ready myself for the day. With my makeup done, and my peach dress draped over my sliming body, I exit.

 

Sunlight greets my face, almost as though it is smiling back at me. I check my watch, 9 am. There is so much to do yet so little time.

 

He greets me at the café, where we had agreed to meet the day before. “Hello.” I say patting his shoulder gently to catch his attention. “Hey, you look so beautiful.” He says, his smile so large that his eyes disappear. “I love when you do that,” I say taking a seat across from him.

 

“Do what babe?” He asks as he looks into my eyes, his voice still melting me as it did when we first started dating. “When you smile and your eyes disappear. You look so cute.”

 

His face turns a bright pink as he hides behind the menu. With his face hidden, he reaches for my hand. He laces our hands together. Just through his hands I can feel his warmth spreading through my body.

 

“What do you want to eat?” He asks giving my hand a squeeze, finally putting the menu down. “Let’s just grab something from the pastries area and walk around?” I suggest. His face lights up and leads us toward the pastries. With our croissants in hand, we walk through the damp streets.

 

He wraps his arm around me and kisses me softly, all over my face; saving the last kiss for my lips. His kiss was tender but we both hunger for one another. We walk toward a studio that specializes in taking wacky photos.

 

The storeowner greets us and tells us to grab any props we would like to use. Babe grabs a veil, bouquet, and top hat. In return I grab matching cowboy hats. “What photos would you both like to take first?” The storeowner asks as we step in front of a green screen. “These.” Babe replies, placing the veil on my head.

 

He drops on one knee, the top hat making him look weirdly younger. I look at him, a tear escaping my eyes. *Flash* Babe changes positions and carries me bridal style. I smack him with the bouquet, *Flash*. Removing the veil from my face, he kisses me. *Flash*

 

Lightening the mood, we change into the matching cowboy hats. We are now posing like we were in a James Bond movie, *Flash*. Our laughter, including the storeowner’s, filled the studio.

 

After getting the printed photos, we walk through the beautiful streets. All the streets decorated for the holidays. Everything looks so festive. The day passed quickly as we made stops in different restaurants and stores.

 

We were now walking back toward my room. Everything felt so slow, almost as though we were in slow motion. My family greets babe and I, having spent the day with them all day yesterday, they let us go into my room unbothered.

 

As I lay my head down on my bed, his sobbing is subtle but noticeable. “I love you so much.” He gasps in between sobs. “I love you so much too babe.” I reply my voice soft, almost a whisper.

 

I look at him with a smile, his face was red from crying but he smiles back; with the smile that I love so much. “Remember what you promised?” I ask closing my eyes. “Happiness for myself.” He answers.

 

I nod, opening my eyes one last time. He kisses me on the lips softly and I kiss him back. With one final breath I close my eyes. I hear the rest of my family enter the room bidding me goodbye. I smile before my vision and mind go blank.

 

The light is blinding, yet my eyes don’t hurt as I walk toward it.

 

**This is the first time I wrote a story like this. (In terms of this type of ending) I hope you guys enjoy and leave feedback about how you felt about the story (: Thanks for reading this one shot <3 If you guys like this story, check out my other Oneshots, you might enjoy those endings ^^