Chapter 3

Sweet November
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kris held onto the scarf tightly. It's too late to think of undoing what's already been done.

 

 

She left five minutes ago and he was still standing rooted at the almost deserted parking lot near the market. She actually offered to drop him off the dorm but he refused. Because it was risky; she might notice what he did with the scarves.

 

 

[end of flashback]

 

 

"After that, what I did next was---" he trailed off upon seeing the columnist's expression. "Uhm... I did another desperate act so we can meet again."

 

 

The columnist sighed dreamily, finding his actions to be very romantic and definitely not desperate.

 

 

[flashback]

 

 

When Dara went to the restroom, Kris quickly took the scarf and discreetly sniffed it. He did that to make sure she wouldn't know the difference once he switched it. 

 

 

Thankfully, her scarf did not smell of expensive perfume. He didn't spray perfume on his scarf either. Their scarves smelled of smoke from grilled meat.

 

 

Since it looked almost identical, he went with his weird plan.

 

 

It was not only weird; it was very desperate. 

 

 

He got to try everything to ensure that they'll meet again.

 

 

*  *  *  *  *

 

 

He waited two days before he contacted her about the scarf. It was during their off from practice for their comeback. He was at living room, alone with the television but his attention was focused on his phone. The others had their own businesses to attend to, thankfully.

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo Dara noona~  ^_^

You're probably wondering why I am suddenly contacting you.

I'd like to say I'm very sorry, because I got your scarf by mistake.

 

 

While waiting for her reply, he focused on the program but he couldn't understand a thing about it. He was nervous at what her response was going to be. 

 

 

What if she already figured it out and what if she'll be suspicious about it?

 

 

His message alert tone cut off his thoughts from heading towards paranoia.

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo Kris-ssi. 

Jinjja?? O_O

I didn't even notice the difference. Let me check.

 

 

He was holding onto the scarf. He stared at the silver thread that spelled out her name, just her unique and beautiful name. Sandara.

 

 

And he couldn't help but wonder if it was a gift from someone, from a guy maybe.

 

 

He noticed the name when he washed the scarf the next day after he practically stole it. He wanted to get rid of the smell of smoke before he returned it to her.

 

 

He decided to wait for her reply instead of replying. Her response came several minutes later.

 

 

You're right. The scarf I have with me isn't mine.

What should we do?

 

 

Since it was his fault, he asked her when she would be available for a quick meet up.

 

 

She was not able to provide at once when she will be free. He understood why--- she's very busy with preparations for AON.

 

 

So he asked if March 10th will be okay. Meeting up will be too risky since the winter season is heading to an end.

 

 

*  *  *  *  *

 

 

They met again at the parking lot near the market, at the less crowded part. It was nine o'clock in the evening. She came from practice and was on the way home. 

 

 

Once parked, she told him to get inside the car. They're dressed to fully cover their identity but when they're face to face, they discard of their masks and hoodies.

 

 

After the usual exchange of greetings and scarves, he felt hesitant to leave. 

 

 

Actually, he didn't want to leave. But he must. It was his idea that they meet quickly anyway. And now how he regretted it.

 

 

He was about to bid her goodbye when she spoke. "Why do you look... so different?" She asked quietly, as if she was scared to speak. She was eyeing him with wonder and curiosity.

 

 

He gulped. Was jealousy obvious in his expression? He regretted watching fancams of their AON concert. Of the many fan videos, there was one he couldn't quite get out of his mind. That must be prohibited. He didn't like it. As for her abs, he was undecided whether it was good that she exposed it. 

 

 

He laughed quietly, trying to dispel the negative thoughts away.

 

 

"I'm just tired--- from practice," he lied. It was only half true. Jealousy was still eating him.

 

 

"Take care of yourself well. Don't skip meals and sleep more," she said in concern.

Please log in to read the full chapter