Chapter 1

Sweet November
Please log in to read the full chapter

~December 2014~



Kris, who was wearing black winter clothes with a red scarf around his neck, lost count of how many times he glanced at the door, hoping to see her angelic face. 



What's taking her so long? He sat alone in a booth at a high class cafe and restaurant (frequented by lovers who wish to be uninterrupted) located somewhere in Gangnam, barely able to calm the excitement at the thought of seeing her again in only a few minutes. He knew he was being impatient. It's not her fault that he chose to come fifteen minutes before the agreed time. 



Because he was in a hurry to meet her, he forgot his gloves, thus, he ordered a cup of hot coffee. He would wrap his hands around the mug once in a while.



To busy himself, he opened a magazine at the page he knew all too well. He read the article several times and he couldn’t believe he went through with it. The memory of how hard it was to convince her about the interview was still fresh in his mind. It took several ways---with the little help of his non-existent aegyo---to make her say YES. But he recalled one time when she said he is cute.



What brought about the idea of making their relationship public? Apart from the jealousy he felt whenever she was rumored to be dating someone else, he also felt keeping their relationship a secret made the happiness he felt somewhat restrained. And besides, he couldn't contain the feelings he has for her; he wanted the world to know how much she means to him.



The interview was done a few days after his birthday at a private place (in the hotel where he was currently staying) and it's for a very famous magazine. Before it began, he called her just to say the interview will start in a few minutes, that he misses her everyday they were apart, and that he loves her and he can't wait to finally announce that she belongs with him. He heard her laugh, probably thinking he was being too cheesy, but he could bet she was blushing. Nonetheless, she replied that she misses him too, and she loves him, that's why she agreed to the interview no matter how nervous she felt about the publics' reaction.



The columnist, a Korean woman older than him by a few years, gave a warm but professional smile. He smiled back at her politely. After pleasantries and the agreement once again brought up by his manager to make things clear, the interview finally began. When the columnist the voice recorder and readied her notepad and pen, he realized he was nervous. This was the first time he will entertain a very personal interview.



Q: Who is she, the lucky girl you are dating?



Despite the fact that he knew that question will definitely be asked, he didn't expect it this soon. He couldn’t answer immediately which made the woman wonder if he changed his mind about the agreement---disclosing the identity of the girl he's dating.

 

When he said, "Can we make that as the last question?" the columnist was both relieved and surprised at the request. She was very curious who the lucky girl is that's why it's her first question. She'll know who anyway in the duration of the interview; there's bound to be some information that'll provide a clue to his girlfriend's mysterious identity. With this in mind, she proceeded to ask the next question on her list.



Q: How did you meet her?



He smiled when he recalled how he met her, though not personally at first. 



"I've had my eyes on her ever since my pre debut days. It was in 2009 when I first saw her. There's something about her style and personality that's eye-catching and interesting." He clasped and unclasped his hands before continuing, "Instantly, I followed her activities whenever possible, watched her on TV and searched her name in the internet."



The columnist couldn't help but remark: "So the girl is an idol or an actress." It could be either way, she thought.



He simply smiled back, not commenting on her statement. It's too soon to reveal that.



Q: So when did you meet her personally?



"I finally saw her at SBS Gayo Daejun 2012." That moment feels like it happened only recently. The feeling of finally meeting her was still fresh in his mind. "That's when I knew---I can't look at any other girl the same way I look at her."



At this, the columnist presumed that he's dating an idol. "She has to be very pretty for you to say that you can't look at anybody else," she said with a smile. His answers really build up the suspense and she was overcome with great curiosity.



"I'd be lying if I don’t say what I find attractive the most is her pretty face, which becomes prettier when she smiles," he admitted.



He knew very well how Chanyeol had always been her fanboy. Chanyeol never hid his feelings while Kris had to bottle it all in. He could still remember how his heart felt as though it stopped beating when he saw her descending the stairs. That angelic face he was always fond of looking at, finally, he can see it up close. This was what he anticipated while waiting for her to come closer. It felt like he stopped breathing as she neared. And when their eyes met, it was way better by a thousand fold---it was breathtaking. When she smiled back after a quick eye contact, he knew instantly. For him, the memory of how beautiful she is while smiling was precious. He will never forget such moment, for it was when he realized his feelings couldn't be kept hidden for long. Unfortunately, he and Suho had to give way to Chanyeol's fanboying---the boy did not even budge an inch from standing beside her. Without a choice, Kris moved away from her. Once, Chanyeol caught him steal a glance at her. As the cold guy, Kris looked away coolly as if nothing happened.  



"In what other occasions have you seen her again?" asked the columnists.



"There were a lot of occasions but not much interaction. One of it was during her friend's solo promotions. The twelve of us went to their waiting room to greet them. And I noticed how she seemed a little shy to be surrounded by people she barely knew, but still she gave an encouraging word to us." He remembered what she was wearing---an oversized shirt with bugs bunny print, which only made her look like a child instead of a thirty year old. Her petite figure made him want to hug her. But all he could do was put his hands behind his back, restraining the urge.



At their group's comeback, what blew him away was her new hairstyle. She looked like a goddess, unreachable. He couldn't help his fanboying heart. Well, it's actually more than just fanboying. What more, he voted for her group at MCountdown, not giving a care that it was recorded.



That music video for their new song Missing You, he seriously loved it; he had to go to his room to watch it in private. Chanyeol was fanboying as always, while he had to keep his cool.



"At the MNET Asian Music Awards (Nov 22 2013), I saw her again." He recalled how he could barely contain his excitement at the thought that they'll meet once again; he'll discreetly look at her again, he'll will his heart to stay calm once again. But he didn't expect she'd be wearing that huge hat which he wanted to snatch and throw away. Despite that, he managed to still see her angelic face. During their performance, he somewhat pretended not to know what song they were going to perform. Truth was he had it memorized, most especially her part.



"Then there was the SBS Gayo Daejun (Dec 29 2013), where she was one of the hosts." Kris saw how the columnist's eyes widen upon realizing who he was talking about. When he mentioned 'one of the hosts,' it was a dead giveaway.



Do you know the feeling of wanting to look at someone but what's stopping you was the fact that somebody might notice? Not only that, what if it was recorded? That night, that particular concern of Kris flew out the window. While the others were busy watching the performances, he looked at her. He looked while she's intently reading her cue cards. And when she noticed him eyeing her, he smiled hesitantly because he didn't expect that she'll catch him. But he did not regret it because she smiled back no matter how awkward her smile seemed to him.



"Another event was at the Golden Disk Awards (Jan 16 2014)." He was very awa

Please log in to read the full chapter