| 004

Personal Assistant

Valerie wasn't surprised when Chanyeol appeared at her door step on time the next day. He has always been punctual when it comes to appointments and meetings, so she didn't expect anything less when he texted her the time to meet. She smiled at him and gestured him into the apartment while she grabbed her things, and Minyoung sauntered out of her room after hearing his deep voice echoing in the hallway.

"Hello, Mr. Park." she greeted him warmly, making him smile.

"Hi, Ms. Cha."

Minyoung giggled. "Let's not be formal in my house. There's no such thing as formality in this crib. Just call me Minyoung."

Chanyeol chuckled and nodded his head. "I guess I'm just Chanyeol then."

"Well then, just Chanyeol, can I ask for a favour from you?" she suddenly asked while battling her eyelashes and Chanyeol warily nodded his head at her request. "Take good care of my best friend. Don't do anything stupid and make sure no one lays a finger on her. If I find even one single hair on her missing, I'll be after you with a pitchfork. Do we have an understanding?"

Chanyeol visibly swallowed at this and noded his head jerkily. Minyoung laughed. She collapsed against the wall in a fit of laughter just as Valerie appeared back into the room with her luggage. The latter rolled her eyes and hit the other lightly on the arm as she walked pass her towards the confused Chanyeol.

"She was just messing with you," Valerie informed him. "Don't worry about her, okay? She's never been in her right mind."

"You should've seen his face!" Minyoung laughed, wiping away her tears. She then stood up and walked after the two to the door.

Valerie shook her head as she put on her wedges. "Enough, Min. Now remember what I told you. I don't want to come home to a burnt apartment," she muttered, earning an eyeroll from her best friend.

"I can cook pretty well, you grandma. Just go already."

The other nodded and turned to Chanyeol who was already grabbing her luggage, and after one last wave she heads to the elevator with Chanyeol in tow.

"Chanyeol!" Minyoung called and the man stopped to turn to her. "I mean what I said, you know," she told him with a smirk. "Now go. Good luck to the both of you!"

Chanyeol wasn't sure when's the last time he had felt so intimidated.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol

"We need a story."

I glanced at Valerie as she fumbled with a small notebook in her lap, and I couldn't help the amused smile from forming onto my face as I drove us to a restaurant downtown for lunch. It was nearing noon and my stomach hasn't stopped growling ever since I woke up this morning.

"Did you hear me, sir?" her voice made me glance at her again and I nodded. "I've been thinking about the whole night. Since we are working together, I guess things started at the office."

"That is what I told my mother," I informed her. "I was attracted to you after interviewing you, and since we work closely together, things happen from there."

Valeris made a face at this. "So cliché," she commented which made me laugh.

"I didn't take you as the helpless romantic type," I admitted to her.

"All women has their own fantasies," she retorted and then shook her head. "Okay, so what do I call you?"

"Anything but 'sir' unless it's for kink's purposes," I said and yelped at the unexpected pain on my arm. I glanced to the side and realised that Valerie had just pinched me. "Yah, what was that for?"

"Nothing. Okay, so you're not sir so I'll just call you Chanyeol. Do I need to remember any particular family members?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I don't talk much about my family. I was never the type to talk about them."

"True," she nodded. "What about mentions?"

I rubbed my chin thoughtfully as the car slows to a stop at a traffic light. "You know a bit about my sister, don't you?" I asked. "I'm sure you even met her once."

Valerie frowned at this. "But wouldn't she notice that something's weird?"

"You met her last year. We started dating only a few months ago. Lots of things could've happened during that span of time," I pointed out with a roll of my eyes. "Just remember that my grandmother is a grouchy old lady and nothing really quite satisfy her unless it comes to my cousin. She adores that brat and pampers him so much."

She snorted at this. "Someone sounds jealous."

I glared at her from the side and was stunned to see her laughing at my face. I've always liked the close relationship I have with her despite the employee-employer status between us, and knowing that we're somewhat something different at the moment warms my heart. I end up chuckling with her and we spend our lunch time getting to know more about each other.

 

 

 

 

"Oh oh lonely night, saenggage jamgine aetaneun maeumeun.. nunmulman samkine seulpeumeun keojine everyday. Oh oh lonely night, geunyeoneun moreune nae maeumeul.. babogachi ajikdo geunyeoreul japji maeil."

Valerie was pretty much impressed as Chanyeol sang along with the song playing on the radio. It's been an hour since they left the restaurant and was now headed to the countryside where the Park's family villa was situated. Her jaw literally dropped when he started rapping.

"jeo nameun geuriumeul pihagineun himdulji areungeorineun yeongsangdeureun miwo jukgetjiman, ajikdo nae gamjeongeun tteugeowa teojil deut, jameul jado geunyeo saenggage bupureo keojin kkum, doraw-"

Chanyeol sneaked a wink at her when he realises she was staring, and fell into a pit of laughter when she groaned at the cheesy gesture. "What? You didn't like it?" he teased, making her fluster in her seat.

"Stop that. It was so cheesy," she whined and he laughed some more at her expression. "I didn't know you could sing though."

"There's a lot more you don't know about me. But I know of the fact that you can sing too. Heard you even won second place in a competition back in high school," Chanyeol revealed, surprising her.

"And how did you know that?" she asked.

"It was in your resumé, genius. And last year during the year end party, I heard you entertained everyone with your rendition of Ailee's song," he said and glanced at her. "Sing it to me."

Valerie widened her eyes at the sudden request. "Hmm, not today. Maybe one day," she said cheekily which made him pout. She chuckled at the rare expression on his face. "Relax, boss. We're spending a week together. We can't make use of all the fun before the week even begins."

Chanyeol sighed. "Fine." Eyeing the road before them, he turned to her with a small smile. "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

 

 

 

 

"Who are these people?"

"We have a wedding coming up, . These people are here to help set the whole thing up."

A woman walked pass them with some clothes in her arms, making them exchange dirty glances before their eyes turned back to the swaying hips. "Damn those ," the other smirked.

A car driving into the driveway attracted one of them and he stared at it until the car comes to a stop. He recognised the red Range Rover and smiled when he saw the salute of his cousin, but a confused look came to his face when he saw another salute at the passenger seat.

"What are you looking at?" his other cousin asked, his attention finally diverted from the employee's .

"Chanyeol's here," he replied. "And there's someone with him."

"Must be Jongin."

"I doubt Jongin became Junghee overnight, Sehun."

The other man, Sehun, frowned in confusion at this. "What are you talking about, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun pointed to the passengers coming out of the car. "That's a girl. And it's not just any girl, man. That's Valerie."

"Who?"

"Valerie Kim, your ex-girlfriend."

 

 

Author's note:

07.02.15 Yehet! Comment, comment, comment! XD