Behind enemy lines

Spy games

It was almost three a.m on Monday, and I still sit on the couch holding newest edition of MoneyTalk magazine. I flipped again for nth​ times since Saturday morning when I received the magazine. I almost had the glossy image of the front page memorized even the article about him.

YGE Inc, Names it's new CEO. Will he continue his father legacy?

Below those words was a picture of Dong Young Bae sitting on a couch with his stupid eye-smile and holding a globe. Ughh... That smirk, just wish I can wipe off that smirk from his pretty face.

While others refer it's as cute eye-smile but for me it was a smirk. A hateful smirk. Not only he was my newest competition, since he already started acting as CEO since a month ago. YGE Inc. Was the only architecture and housing company in the world predicted to outsell TK1 Inc in ten years, and luck have it that the headquarters of that company was right across the street from mine.

I hated him--EVERYTHING about him. Every single thing.

The first time I saw him was at the convention in Rome, two years ago. That time he just tag along with his father to the convention. He was eyeing me from across the room and when his black strong intense gaze meet me, he simply smiled towards me with his stupid eye-smile smile. I called it a smirk. That was it. I never saw him again, except on the cover of any financial magazine. He was always the unattainable, the enemy's son, the heir to the CEO throne threatening my own. 

Such a beautiful foe. 

Monday mornings. While others called it as Monday blues, but for me it's the beginning to kick start a week. I start my day with thirty-minutes run on treadmill, and follow by shower. That is my routine. That is Lee YeJin routine. 

As the first female CEO of TK1 Inc, I had a huge shoes to fill in. I had a great responsible. I started three years ago and steadily worked my way up to the top since then. Jason Kim, the previous CEO and owner had chosen me over his grandson and grandaughter to take his place, indicating my headstrong work ethic and demanding presence as essential to the position, especially if we were to continue competing with YGE Inc.

In the housing industry, there were only two corporations that led the way in constructing and developing housing industr : YGE Inc and TK1 Inc. So, you guys can see the competition in between right?.

I walked pass the hallway toward my office door. But today, I sense the worker whispering with each other. I just ignore it and walk straight toward my office.

"Good morning, Ailee" Sandara Park, my loyal assictance, greeted me as she entered my office with two cups of coffee. She danced over toward my desk. I wondered why she so happy today? She set the cappuccino down on the table and slammed the latest edition on MoneyTalk Magazine on top of my keyboard. Ughh, that magazine again. 

"Did you see this yet?" 

I just frowned. "Sadly, yes. I have a subscription" I said dryly. I picked up the magazine and leaned back in my chair, crossing my stillettos on my desk in front of me. I sighed, take a few sip of my cappuccino. Sandara shifted her weight with crossed arms. 

"It's just a month he started as CEO, but he already get the attention." Sandara said with slow voice. I know she doesn't want to make me feel stress out. 

I just smile. " That because My daddy doesn't tied my shoes in the morning and I didn't ask my daddy to spoon feed me" I'm sure Sandara gets what I try to said. She nod her head. "But are you gonna stll continue with your spying activities?" Sandara asked and laughed.

I hissed and grabbed the binoculars that I put on the first drawer, turning my chair slightly to the wall of window behind me and adjusting my attention to the office directly across the street. It's seems like daddy little boy, late for work, again. 

Typical spoiled kid. 

"Continue with the spying, James bond." Sandara make fun of me. "And before that, you have meeting at 9.30. That mean twenty- minute from now" Sandara remind me before she leave my office.

"Okay." I leave the Dong Young Bae office view for a while and look at Sandara, before she closed my office door.

I almost fall down from my chair when I look back at the binocular, that bastard standing at his windows with hands inside both of his pocket and smile. That stupid eye-smiles staring at my directions. I quickly turned around and pretend to type something. 

Damn. He didn't caught me right? 

I quickly grab my bag and prepare for my meeting. The day droned on. Meeting after meeting, boardroom after boardroom. Finally I have my lunch time although it almost three at afternoon, I still need to re-fill my stomach and recharge my energy. I decided to grab lunch with Sandara at restaurant next to our building. I walk inside my office and saw take-away plastic on coffee table. I walked toward the table and open the take-away containers. The smell of Jajangmyeon make my stomach play it hungry music. I saw a note on the top of the containers.

You worked really hard. With the smiley doodles on the edge of the note.

Then Sandara walk in. "How many time I told you, I hate this cheesy thing and stuff." I said to her. She just blurred.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Then she saw the take-away containers. "Wahhh!" She exclaim when she saw jajangmyeon.

"It's not you who orderfor me this Jangjangmyeon?I asked. She nod her head.

"Seriously?" I asked again for the second time.

"I'm serious. I just want to bring you to have lunch with me. Why I should I order Janjangmyeon for you?" Sandara said. 

"Oh my gosh. This is so cute. The note." Sandara said while read the note that stick on top of the container. I grab the note and crumble it and throw it on dustbin. 

"Maybe someone want to poison me and send me this janjangmyeon." I said. How much I wish I can eat that jangjangmyeon. 

"But..." Sandara haven't finish her word, I already cut her in. "Throw the jangjangmyeon away." I said.

"Okay. But that poor cute note." Sandara said with pouty lips.

"Sandara please." I said and look at her with serious face.

"Okay..okay. Let have our lunch now." Sandara said and open my office door for me and laugh with my paranoid reaction.

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE!

 

Okay.. That is it for this chapter. Will be continue.