EVEN AFTER DEATH

Dysfunctional Us

“I fell into a burning yet lonesome love.” I spoke casually as I placed my steaming cup of hot cocoa on the wooden table separating me and my companion.

“Will you stop that? You are ruining my appetite.” My companion groaned as he slices his steak into bite size.

I looked at him and shrugged. “I’m a writer. I can’t help it if my emotions just run wild whenever it wants. I get paid for being emotional and depressed, you know.”

“ you.” He hissed before putting down his knife and stabbing a piece of meat with his fork. “Wide open.” He commanded, offering the meat to me.

I noisily chomped down the offered meat intentionally.

“Don’t make those irritating noise. Eat properly.” He reprimanded tasting his dinner too.

“How’s the taste?” I asked even if it should be him asking since he was the one who cooked it.

With furrowed brows. “Salty.”

I shrugged. “I think, it tastes fine.” I said pushing myself up and out of my chair and walked over to the refrigerator to get the curry my mother brought when she visited this morning. “Soo.” I called presenting the half-full container of curry.

“You said it tastes fine and yet you’re ordering me to heat your curry up, you jerk.” He grunted already moving to take the container from me to heat it in the microwave.

“It’s for you to eat, love.” I said returning to my seat and pulling the plate of steak to my side. “—salty food is bad for your health so I’ll eat this and you eat my curry.”

“Curry is salty too, you know.”

“Not my mom’s though.” I replied already half-way finished with the steak.

“Jongin.”

“Hmm?”

“Wanna sleep together tonight?”

I choked, my hand curled into a fist and I thumped my chest with it multiple times. “I-I almost spit out the meat, Do Kyungsoo.”

He chuckled. “I was just asking.”

And the microwave pinged. And he settled back to his seat.

I turned my head to my side, I know I’m ing blushing, and said. “—how about your wife?”

“Her company sends her to Sydney for a week to attend a seminar.”

“--stay the night, then.”

He smiled.

“, I’m so going to hell when I die.” I groaned.

He took my hand with his. “We’ll be together even after death then.” He said with that beautiful heart shape smile that I love so damn much.