Climbing

Climbing

“What is he doing?”

Scaling the wall, Minho thought to himself, I thought that was kinda obvious.

“He is going to hurt himself!”

Minho couldn’t help but smirk as he continued climbing. The constant stream of comments was nothing new and by now he had grown quite tired of it. You’d think that people would grow used to it, especially in the city where he had been trained. After all, he wasn’t the only one who lived there who partook in such activities. Yet the population still seemed surprised.

Once he had reached the roof of the house he had been climbing on, he quickly scanned his surroundings. Quickly spotting the nearby guards and hiding places before dashing over the roofs in the direction of his goal: a high tower that would give him an overview of his surroundings. He had almost made it when he heard a voice shout out to him. “Leave! You’re not supposed to be here!”

He softly cursed to himself before making a run for it. He hadn’t expected to be caught, but fortunately he could break their line of sight and dive into a nearby hiding place. He knew that he could have easily taken them on, but he was tired of fighting and just wanted to have this over with. He waited until the coast was clear before leaving his hiding place and covering the remainder of the distance to the tower.

The climb up might have intimidated some, but for him it was nothing notice worthy. He had already scaled so many buildings that this was nothing new. He already knew the swiftest way up so it was simply a case of going through the motions. When he reached the top he watched an eagle fly away. With a grim smile he took its place and scanned his surrounding, trying to figure out where to go next to complete his mission.

“Minho! Dinner is ready!”

He sighed and put down his console. He was lucky that he wasn’t stuck in the middle of a fight. He quickly made his way down so he could inhale his dinner. The faster he ate, the sooner he could go back to playing Assassin’s Creed.