Personal Barista

Personal Barista

“Good evening , thank you for coming!” Semi said after some costumers left the coffee shop , she smiled and tidying up the glasses and plates on the table. “Jie , I’m going first” one of the waitress said and she nodded , “Xie xie , see you tomorrow” she waved at her and she was left alone in the coffee shop.

Park Semi was a Korean , she born and raised in Seoul but then moved to Beijing five years ago. She has a coffee shop brand ‘Xolu’ , a multinational coffeehouse chains with it’s headquarter in Seoul. She used to be working in the headquarter shop but then she moved to Beijing headquarter to follow her boyfriend.

The bell ring but Semi didn’t look at the guy who entered the now big and empty shop since it’s almost the closing time. “We can’t serve you anymore , sir” she said while finishing her cleanning session , “I know , I just need to pick up my personal barista here” that guy said and she looked up. She laughed , “I knew it’s you , Lu” the guy who was no other than Luhan laughed too.

“Have you finished yet ?” he asked and she shooked her head , “I just need to tidying these mess a bit. Can you wait for a bit ?” she asked and he nodded as he took a seat on a table near the cashier. She smiled and gave him his favorite coffee , Americano in front of him. He smiled and then she left her to continued cleanning up.

Semi and Luhan have been dating for seven years now and he’s one of the reason why she moved to Beijing.  She loved coffee just like how he loved coffee , that’s how they became a couple. They shared the same interest in coffee and eventually hang out together.  Since Luhan left EXO eight years ago , he moved to Beijing. At first Semi was okay with long-distance relationship , but as the time grew , she couldn’t help but missed him. That’s why she moved outt o Beijing five years ago and stayed there.

Luhan’s fans and EXO fans knew Semi well , since she was always there to serve the costumers as the barista. When Luhan left EXO and she was still in Seoul , many fans came to comfort her and send her thousand of letter to support her and Luhan. Some of them are even send her a gift and asked her to send him their gift and letters to Luhan. She was very close with Luhan’s fansite masters and with the other EXO members. Even when she was arrived in Beijing five years ago , some fans came to her coffee shop in Beijing and greeted her in Beijing. Some even taught her  to speak Chinese.

Semi appeared again with her bag without her barista apparels. “Finished ?” he looked up from his phone and she nodded , “Let’s go home” she said and they both left the coffee shop after she locked up the store.

It was 10 p.m. there’s barely people on the street , only some couples and some people who just finished their work or having a date.

“You know back in Seoul we used to be dating pass midnight” Luhan remembered and they both laughed together , “Yeah and you must covered your face until I can’t see you” she said again , still laughing.

“It’s better like this right ?” he asked as he tightened his grip on her hand and she nodded , “Though I love my hometown but I can’t deny that I enjoyed Beijing with you” she said.

“Thank you for staying here” he said and she looked at him , “Thank you for being with me” she said back.

----