It's not like that, Junhoe-ah

Misunderstanding

"It tastes delicious! I know he will like this." You smiled to yourself looking at your homemade cheesecake. You have planned everything perfectly for tonight, the cheesecake, the presents, you were absolutely sure he will be surprised since he always said you at cooking.


*ding*


You were in front of Junhoe’s house, the door opened and when you looked up you saw Junhoe. 


With a frown on his face, he asked “What are you doing here?”


"Today’s our anniversary, Junhoe-ah. Look what I have prepared the whole day!" You smiled brightly and lifted up the bags, pointing at the cake. "Cheesecake!"


He didn’t say anything but just stood there looking at you coldly.


"What’s wrong?" You questioned with your shoulders deflated. 


"Have you forgotten our anniversary?" You questioned again while trying to laugh it off.


"Or-" "Are kidding me? Really?" Junhoe scoffed.
"What’s…" Junhoe cut you off while pulling you away from his house. "I really can’t believe you. And to think I was so blind to trust you. Now what? Do you think these stupid stuffs will make things okay?! What do you think I am?!"


"W-what are you talking abou-" You were frightening by the furious look on Junhoe’s face. He was never so angry before. And he never shouted at you
"Dont play dumb, you know I hate it when you do that!" "I-I really don’t know.. Junhoe.." 


"You don’t know?! You don’t know that the school has been spreading so many rumors about you and that guy in your class?! What about the video of you two hugging and whispering disgusting words to each other and you enjoyed it?! Even he already admits it! You two had a thing, huh?" Junhoe shouted at you. "N-no, I didn’t!" Your eyebrows frowned as tears threatened to fall.


You didn’t know what was Junhoe shouting about. Guy? You don’t even remember when was the last time you hung up with a guy except for Junhoe.


"Junhoe, there must be a misunderstanding! Where did you heard it from?! I didn’t do it!" You grabbed Junhoe’s hands desperately, but then Junhoe slapped your hands away harshly.


He sighed, “You know what? Let’s just end this.” 


You eyes widened as tears suddenly fall, and you felt numb. You immediately grabbed onto his arm, preventing him from leaving. 
"E-end our r-relationship? No Junhoe-ah. I love you.. W-what about.." You stared down at your cake.


Since Junhoe is much stronger than you, he slapped your arm away. He took your cake and threw it onto the ground. The cake was definitely ruined and it dirtied your shoes but he obviously didn’t care and left you there.


You were taken aback, you felt like you couldn’t breath properly all of a sudden and tears kept streaming down your face. You cried and cried while walking back to your house. You just felt like locking yourself up.


 Days and weeks passed, you would always see Junhoe with his friends at school. You wanted to talk to him, but since that scene of him being so angry and shouting at you, the confidence died down. And all you could do was secretly look at him being so happy and crying to sleep everytime.


You cry not just because of Junhoe, you were bullied in school too after the queens of the school knew your break-up. But, it was mostly because of Junhoe. The queens would beat you up and insult you, but they enjoyed humiliating you infront of everyone the most. And that made you felt more broken with all the bruises.


That day after school, you knew Junhoe still had class. You were happy because the queens didn’t have extra class, so you can had a chance to see Junhoe without getting beaten up. You wanted to know at least he was okay. 


You roamed around the hallways since most of the students went home and ended up being infront of your locker. You stared at it as you started to think. Will Junhoe find another girlfriend? Is he really that happy without me? Did I really do something wrong? But your thoughts were soon interrupted by that familiar person. That guy who caused you so much trouble.


"Thinking about how miserable you are right now?"
You hated him, you glared at him as you slightly raised your voice, “Why?! Why did you say things that weren’t true?! What did I owe you, huh?”


He laughed slightly, “You’re so cute when you’re angry. But still, they were right. You shouldn’t be with Junhoe. Just by looking at you, i can tell you don’t even fit to be with him.”


You frowned and you started hitting him, but he pushed you harshly causing you fell down. “So? That’s none of your business!” You yelled at him.


"It is my business when you made me like you!" He shouted at you, you were taken aback and your thoughts suddenly went wild.


"Hyejin and her friends told me to do whatever they said if I want you to be mine, they told to me be friends with you, they took pictures of us, and they told me to lie to everyone. At first I thought, probably no one would trust our lies, but who knew your boyfriend would be so stupid to trust us more than you." 


You stared at him disbelief, and you started to cry because you were too frustrated and you felt that Junhoe didn’t trust you. “S-stop this.. Explain to the whole school about the truth..”


"Explain? Why should I? Hyejin finally has a chance to be with Junhoe, and also, I like you, so I won’t let anyone have you." He bent down and trapped you on the floor as he stared at you with lust and smirked, "But I feel like I’m craving for you right now"


You closed your eyes and you struggled to break free from him as you kept yelling for help while you almost choked on your cries.


Suddenly, you felt the weight on you has been lifted. You immediately opened your eyes and you saw Junhoe throwing punches to the guy angrily until blood was seen on the guy’s face. Terrified, you backed away.


"Who are you calling stupid?! And who are you to touch her?!" Junhoe yelled furiously as he hit him. 
You never liked physical fighting. So just as Junhoe was about to throw another punch, you grabbed his arm as you sobbed, “Junhoe… Stop…”


Junhoe looked at you worried, he immediately softened upon looking at you. But just as he turned back, the guy punched Junhoe with his fist causing Junhoe to fell down hard. Junhoe glared at him and he immediately left the place.
Junhoe groaned when he touched his cheek. The pain was overwhelming. He shut his eyes tight while getting up.


"Let’s go and buy some ointment and ice for you, Junhoe." You helped him up and was going to take him with you but Junhoe hold on to your arm. You turned back and looked at him with widened eyes. 


"I’m sorry." Junhoe mumbled. "I should have trusted you."
"Y-you heard?" You questioned.


"Yeah everything, you two were really loud." Junhoe chuckled. 
You smiled abit, relieved that he knew all of this was a misunderstanding. But then Junhoe suddenly pulled you in for a hug. He hugged you tightly with his muscular arms as if he was protecting you. 


"You don’t know how much I missed you. It was really hard to let go of you. I’m so sorry" he mumbled and dug his head at the crook of your neck. 


You patted his head, and hugged him back, “It’s okay…”
He looked at you straight in the eye and smiled. “I love you.” 
"I love you too". You replied him with a bright smile. 


Moving closer to you, he kissed you deeply and you kissed him back. You felt like you’re the happiest girl on earth. Everything was over now…


But Junhoe broke the kiss looking at you lovingly, “So, can you bake another cheesecake for me?” He flashed his smile sheepishly.
"It depends on my mood!" You flashed back your bright smile, while you turned around heading to the shop with Junhoe whining beside.