Fascinated

I Wish Hell Will Burn Us Mad and Deep

It was raining hard that day. Taehyun had no place to go aside of deliberately hiding himself from loud storms in the cozy campus library. He had no intention to study so he was wondering for a few seconds what he had to do to keep the boredom away before he found a novel in his bag, the one he borrowed from his senior, Kim Jinwoo a few days back. He examined the white cover to the title and the author, "Snow Country" by Yasunari Kawabata. 

 

"A man who was having an affair with a young geisha, what a cliche storyline", Taehyun bluntly stated, thinking a while whether or not to read the book, it was Jinwoo's anyway, his life was filled with unnecessary dramas. 

(who wants to willingly get involved in affair anyway why this sounds like it is something inevitable)

It wasn't that long when a voice interrupted him from his grumpy thought about the book, one familiar voice.

"Don't you know the novel had won a nobel after it got published?"

Taehyun didn't simply look up after hearing the trivia given by that person whose voice sounded way too familiar. That was when he managed to figure it out and something deep within started to hammering his chest rather wildly. 

He knows the owner of this voice, perfectly.

(it is him it is-)

"Hey, were you even listening?", he started again.

Slowly and uncertain, Taehyun moved up his head a bit just to find the man accross his seat smile contentedly at him. The realization of he was smiling to no one but him at that time made him blush.

The color got even redder when he remembered the Wednesday event involving the same guy in front of him and he quickly turned his attention to the book once again.

"That was very rude of you. Yah! You didn't even remember me? I even still remember you and your 'sweet talk' during my class"

Oh, how Taehyun wished the seat could just devour his whole being that time. 

(he remembered me oh he didnt say)

"I am truly sorry, Sir", his voice was subtle, nearly sounded like a whisper but Seungyoon, somehow managed to catch every words perfectly before he smiled to himself. 

"I only teased you because you seem so nerveous right now. I actually don't mind with  you throwing some curses to me. See? I am the most down to earth lecturer you could ever meet!", he exclaim trying to get some of Taehyun's attention.

Taehyun, somehow wasnt a man with many words. He was way too frank, indeed but in such situation he just couldnt find the right, short, and clear words. Not even one. Not even a letter.

His fingers found the edge of the front cover and stumbled with it before talking again, "You shouldn't speak like that. What had I said was quite rude and it was in the midst of your lecture. You are a proffesor, Mr Kang, how could you be so casual like this? It doesnt make any sense" 

Taehyun kept looking at the book, he missed one beautiful smile Seungyoon had on his face right after he was done with his words (not that Taehyun was going to regret it, though. Or probably a little. Well.)

"You arent supposed to be like that. Either. When you are talking, look upon your partner's eyes. That would be more proper and decent, Nam Taehyun"

It wasnt his wise words that made Taehyun raise his head and directly look upon Seungyoon's orbs.

"How could you know my name?"

It was normal when students knew a lecturer's name even they were barely taught by him and for a lecturer to rather quickly forget a student's name in no time so it let Taehyun's mind wondering upon things he might be not ready or probably he was just too exaggerating. 

Seungyoon chuckled and Tahyun went impatient. 

(why am i so curious)

"How could i forget the student who talked gibberish rather casually when I asked him to read the module?" 

Taehyun wanted to cry or finish this man off or 

 

or probably Taehyun just desired to kiss his full lips and ran away.

The last thought made him cover his face with his hands and cringe, "I-im sorry okay, I didnt even know how could i talk towards you like that. I'm ... apologizing, sir"

(now can you please just leave me alone i surely look patheic right now)

"Havent I told you, it is okay?"

There was nothing but torturing silence right after Taehyun muttering a simple yes and Seungyoon didnt know to begin another conversation. 

Seungyoon was a very extrovert kind of guy and he couldnt stand long silence, it killed him. Not he could move out as well from this place because it was still raining outside and he hadn't bring umbrella.

"What do you want to do after you graduate?"

Taehyun looked up once again yet avoiding any eye contact with this guy. He contemplated and gathered his mind for a minute or so before spilled it out,

"I want to be a singer", he told Seungyoon honestly just to find Seungyoon looking surprised in his seat.

"Are you serious? Because-"

"I truly am serious!" Unconsciously the voice released from his mouth was too loud and they received a glare from an old woman on receptionist desk.

Taehyun's voice fell to whisper after, "Momma wanted me to study law but I never think it was the best for me, I want to be on stage and sing ballad songs, or jazzy one, or even rock songs"

Seungyoon smiled.

Again.

This time Taehyun witnessed how his lips were forming a small yet meaningful smile, his eyes dark and deep, looking directly into Taehyun's soul and that time Taehyun sure he had died a little.

"I never wanted to be a teacher, either", Seungyoon looked away and laid his eyes on huge windows, counting the rain drops outside.

Taehyun remained silent, wasnt quite sure to reply or not.

"I wanted to write. Poem, songs, fan fictions, satires. Anything", Seungyoon's back leaned on the chair, he had this kind of sad look written beneath his eyes as he reminisced the dreams he once had when he was still very young. 

"Then why are you here? Arent you supposed to be in front of your computer and typing down your thoughts?", Taehyun said, he knew perfectly how blunt did it sound but he couldn't help it. For a man that was naturally a sharp mouthed like him, that was unavoidable despite the fact of with whom he was that time.

"Well, i would love to follow my childhood dreams but I wanted to make my mother happy so I quited being selfish"

(selfish)

His last words left a sharp pang Taehyun felt upon his chest and he didn't know why exactly. Seungyoon seemed to realize this and quickly changed the topic.

"What is your favorite food?", Seungyoon asked, completely out of blue.

"What?"

He chuckled before continued, "just answer"

"uhm, burrito? I dont- I actually dont really have favorite foods, you know? Unless it wasn't seafoods", he frowned when he muttered the last words and Seungyoon swore that it was so cute of Taehyun that he wanted to see it again. 

Taehyun himself, though wasnt satisfied over the reply he got, Seungyoon only nodded slightly and he didn't even throw a smile.

(wait why do i sound like im disappointed)

"Well, how about you, sir?", he calmly asked Seungyoon, his heart was beating too fast and he mentally cursed himself.

(I should had kept my mouth silent now i sound like i want to know him more)

(I want to know him more)

(I truly want)

"Well, I love seafoods. Any kind of them. Sushi, soup, grilled fishes"

Oh. So we are completely the opposite, Taehyun thought. His face winced while picturing any seafood dish served before him and Seungyoon laughed his heart out. It sounded beautiful, and manly. There was something within his voice that made Taehyun followed to laugh a bit, although it sounded like he was forced, he truly was not. 

Rain poured slowly outside, telling the whole world it would soon stop but whatever mattered outside was no longer a problem for Taehyun. 

He had his orbs looking directly to Seungyoon and flimsily smiled  towards him.

Seungyoon had a jet black hair, contrasted with his milky skin. Then Taehyun looked down his chin and quickly assumed that Seungyoon just had his face shaved probably this morning.

(i want to run my fingers on his whole face)

"You should smile more often, it looks good on you", Seungyoon commented after and slowly looked upon the windows again.

"It has stopped"

Seungyoon's soft voice led Taehyun to follow his gaze, looking over the view outside through the windows.

"If you don't mind, I can ride you home, Taehyun"

He turned his head to see Seungyoon had stood up from his seat, ready to go out. 

(I want to go with him)

(I want to be with him)

"I- I think if it's okay then- alright"

Taehyun thought it was fine to follow his desire and to ignore his common sense, just for one time and he would quit the other day. He promised there would never be something more than this involved. 

Yet deep beneath his heart, he wasn't too sure.

 

///

im truly sorry that i just posted this now and please bare with me if there are some errors found 

i actually got very excited because this would be my first chaptered fic (ever) that i directly typed what's on my mind without drafting the story first and hardly check my own choice of words. 

therefore, um if you found few mistakes or you probs have some suggestion for this story, kindly let me know and leave your comments and thoughts below? 

Thank you very much! 

(ajun)