Part 1

Love Me Like No Other

Part 1

Kim Myunghee

“Everyone please come here, from today on Myungsoo will be working here” the manager said as he gestured to the boy with his hands. He smiled softly as he waved. I noticed that he had a slight dimple. I was a fairly observant person.

“Myunghee could you please guide him, he’ll be helping you in the kitchen”

I looked up, surprise was evidently written on my face. I slowly nodded my head and glanced towards the boy that I had to look after for the next few weeks. He gave me a smile and all I could do was stare at him. He gave me absolutely no reason to smile. He didn’t deserve it.

I turned away but I could still see that he had frowned. I worked as the chef for the restaurant. Surprisingly I had a talent for cooking food.

I walked in through the double doors that lead me to the kitchen. Myungsoo had followed quickly behind me. I directed to all sorts of places, telling him where particular equipment was and what to do when orders come in during business hours. He nodded processing all the information.

“Okay so we need to start preparing now. We open in about an hour” I replied sternly grabbing a chopping board and placed a few carrots on top of it. I chopped it into the correct sizes quickly and efficiently. Myungsoo awkwardly stood there before walking in front of me.

“I can help you cook that’s why I’m here…” Myungsoo said slowly. I looked up at him. He did have a point. I silently grabbed him a chopping board and gave him a bowl of green onion.

He grabbed a knife and began chopping away. I must say I was impressed with his skills. I turned back to my own work before I was interrupted yet again.

“We’re preparing ingredients” I replied.

“Myunghee, we’re here” a group of about 4 people walked in. They were also chefs. We were all each located to specific dishes that we had to prepare in time before customers began entering their restaurant.

It was finally opening time, however despite the amount of dishes we had prepared we had to continue to prepare at a decent amount to ensure that we wouldn’t the customers wouldn’t have to wait too long.

The main dishes includes galbjimm (beef short ribs), kimchi, tteokbokki (hot and spicy rice cake), bibimbap (rice mixed with meat, vegetables, an egg, and chilli pepper paste), jjajangmyeon (noodles with black bean sauce), dakgangjeong (crispy crunchy fried chicken) and much more. It was always hectic in the kitchen we couldn’t afford to make any mistakes.

The orders began to roll in after an hour. Everyone was running around the kitchen like crazy, we have to put the customers as our top priority. I mean they come here and pay for good food, therefore we couldn’t disappoint them.

“Yah, Myungsoo. Hurry up” I screamed as orders were piling in at lightning speed. After all it was one of the busiest nights here.

“OKAY” Myungsoo yelled. I couldn’t blame him, he just had to start on the worst day, but we couldn’t do anything as a staff had suddenly quit and we couldn’t afford to do it with the already limited amount of staff.

It was finally 10, I sighed in relief. I gulped down my bottle of water in one go, I was drenched in sweat considering I’ve been working in such a heated room.

“Thankyou for all your hard work” I said as I started to clean up.

They bowed to me in return and left the kitchen. Myungsoo stood there staring at me.

“Aren’t you going to head home too?” he asked. For someone I had just met he was awfully nosy.

“I’m staying back to clean” I replied as I busied myself by washing the dishes. “You can leave you know” I replied curtly.

“I’ll help. You wash and I’ll dry” he replied as he grabbed a towel and began drying the dishes.

“Go home” I repeated myself. I gave him a stern look and raised my eyebrow.

“I’m not leaving until you leave” he replied as he continued to dry the dishes. I looked at him in disbelief, was he really willing to stay back and work.

“Leave” I repeated myself even sterner than I was before.

He finally placed the cloth on the sink and bowed his head. “Bye” I heard him whisper. I nodded my head and turned back towards washing the dishes that had piled up. After washing the dishes, and wiping table and such I could finally head home. Everyone had already left by then. I looked at the time.

“Ah, 11 again” I whispered to myself. I took off my apron and headed towards my locker and grabbed my backpack. I began making my way home, it wasn’t far from the restaurant. It was maybe a 10 minute walk in the dark.

I stood in front of my little apartment like house, the lights were turned off. I sighed as I unlocked the door and entered switching on the light. I hit my leg against a stack of boxes and it tumbled to the floor in front of me. I dropped my bag to the floor and bent down.

Pictures of me and my last boyfriend was displayed in front of my on the ground. I shakily picked it up and stared at it. In all the pictures I looked genuinely happy a complete contrast to what I felt now. Tears brimmed my eyes as it began running down my cheeks. I dragged my finger on his face. I had to cover my mouth to muffle my cries. I hugged my knees when the memories surfaced in my mind. The memories that was once angelic and beautiful was now my weakness.

It was heart wrenching.

Tears rolled down my cheek as I picked up a stuffed toy. It was a mickey mouse holding a heart that said ‘I love you’. I took deep and heavy breaths as I tried to stop my tears.

“No, he doesn’t deserve my tears” I whispered. “NO” I screamed as I pushed down yet another box. Anger boiled in me. It was no longer despair and sadness.

“You don’t deserve my tears. YOU DON’T” I screamed over and over again. I pressed my hands I fell to floor, tears escaped my eyes, curling on the floor, I let out the tears that I had not let out for 5 years. 5 long years I’ve kept it in.

“I should have burned all this, I should’ve burned you” hatred burned in me.

I couldn’t get over my last boyfriend.

Not even after 5 years.

What was wrong with me?

Did I really fall in love with a bastard like him?

Like a waterfall, the tears didn’t stop.

 

“Myungheeeee” Baekhyun said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Stop it, it tickles” I whispered as I tried to suppress my giggles. “NO STOP IT” I screamed as I tried to wriggle out of his grip.

“Are you leaving now?” he asked as he pouted a little.

“Yeah” I said softly.

“Aww, I’ll miss you. Come back soon okay honey” Baekhyun said as he finally let go of me and patted my head.

I stepped out of our apartment. We weren’t married. Well not yet that is.

I began walking towards my part time job when I realised I had forgotten my phone. I decided to go back to get it, but as I rounded the corner to our apartment, I spotted a girl standing at the front door. My feet wouldn’t move. I decided to stand there and watch.

The door opened and Baekhyun stepped out. His face lit up and pulled the girl into a tight hug. I blinked several times hoping that my eyes had deceived me.

“Honey, what are you doing here” he cooed. The same nickname that he called me not too long ago. My hand unconsciously pressed my chest, my breathing grew heavy

“I missed you of course” she replied.

“How did you know Myunghee left already” Baekhyun asked as he smiled widely.

“Silly oppa, I come over here at the same time every day” she replied, a certain twinkle in her eyes. “When she leaves for her part time job”

‘Every day’ the word stuck to glue, yet I couldn’t let them know about my presence. Had they being seeing each other behind my back? I didn’t want to believe it, but what can I do when I see it unfold right in front of me.

They entered the apartment and it was as if my legs had moved on their own as they too made their way to it. I waited for about 10 minutes before entering the apartment softly and quietly surprised that they had not noticed my presence.

They were sitting on the couch. I crawled over to it and sat behind it.

“Jagiyah, I missed your scent”

“When are you going to break up with her?” she asked him.

“When she’s finished helping me pay for my all my expenses baby” he whispered. “Just wait a little longer”

I heard them giggle.

I stood up abruptly.

They were kissing, their lips on each other. I unconsciously touched my lips with the back of my hand. The same lips that had always kissed me.

I didn’t know whether to feel angry or sad. My emotions were wild.

I brought my hand up.

And slapped him hard on the cheek.

It burned.

I was in pain.

My heart was crying.

 

I started ripping the pictures into tiny pieces, my hands trembled. Tears didn’t stop falling from my eyes. I hate myself. I hate myself for thinking about him. I hate myself for keeping all our memories. I hate myself for ever loving him. 

 

 

A/N: hope you guys enjoyed the first part of it. The next part will be up soon! (: 

Dont forget to comment, subscribe and upvote! <3