Lovely Confession

Lovely Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow. That kiss was… beautiful, romantic, sweet… hmmm… well-acted.” Kim So Yeon said with her hand holding the IPad, watching the video.

Park Shin Hye scanned around the café to make sure nobody was eavesdropping before looking at the older woman in front of her. “Eonnie, stop watching, okay.” She said embarrassedly.

So Yeon looked up at her junior and grinned. “Wae? This scene has gone viral online. Everyone was talking about this in and out of Korea. They even praised your kissing skill improved a lot. At least I can see your lips were moving and responding to the kiss. Your expression wasn’t painful this time.”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip. “Was it that bad in my previous drama? I mean I might not be the best kissing partner on screen but is not that bad, right?” She asked softly.

So Yeon put the IPad down on the table as she tilted her head. “Let me see. I remembered I read an article from Dramafever with the title of ‘Park Shin Hye’s 10 most awkward kissing scenes.’ Hmmm… the one with Jang Geun Suk in You Are Beautiful. That ‘surprise kiss’ was awkward but I don’t blame you. You were still green at that time. How about Yong Hwa in Heartstring? That kiss was… terrible.”

“I… I… that kiss scene was… you know me and Yong Hwa… we are good friends and kissing a good friend is… awkward. So…” Shin Hye tried to explain but stopped mid-sentence when So Yeon cut her off.

“But I remember there was one you did it very well and naturally.” So Yeon smiled cheekily.

Shin Hye’s face reddened and looked down. She knows exactly which one her senior was talking about. “T-That… that one was different. I mean… it was sort of necessary in that scene.”

So Yeon chuckled. “I have not even said anything yet and you already know which one I’m talking about?” She paused and looked at Shin Hye meaningfully. “So that kissing scene you were talking now must be a very memorable one.” She continued to .

Shin Hye’s face blushed deeper as she gave her a pleading gaze. “Eonnie…”

So Yeon laughed. “Okay, okay. I’ll stop teasing you. But back to the kissing scene, that kiss was really a shock. I mean who would think that Park Shin Hye can kiss like that. Even I was blushing when I watched that one. How I wish I could collaborate with that handsome and let him kiss me like the way he did to you.” She paused and looked at her again. “But I don’t think it’s possible, right. Because I didn’t see him kissing his other co-star like that before. Boys Over Flowers, Personal Taste, Faith or even City Hunter. I can’t deny his kisses in all his drama were intense but the one in The Heirs was mind blowing. You know, the small little closet, with his hand gripping your chin, attacking your lips in a sudden, holding your nape bringing you closer and…”

“Eonnie!” Shin Hye cut her off with her eyes widened, looking at her in shock. She turned around again to make sure no one was listening. “You don’t need to elaborate in detail, okay.” She sighed helplessly. “That scene, that kiss was just… the angle was just nicely and perfectly shot. It was not like what you think.” 

So Yeon sneered. “Yeah right. I watched the BTS, okay. I even heard the smooching sound and you even gasped. Oh my god. Just by watching that I’m sure that was not just acting. Are you sure both of you were not dating at that time?”

“No! We are not.” Shin Hye replied defensively.

“But he openly talked about the dating rumours during the SBS awards. And that night I was sure all the Minoz wanted to kill you. The way he looked at you, the way he acted around you, he was like a boy madly in love.” So Yeon said again.

Shin Hye looked down at her coffee cup and smiled slightly. Of course she remembered that night. That was the happiest moment she had ever spent with him. Although there were a lot of people there but that night her world only revolved around him. The way he smiled at her, the way he talked to her and he even held her hand when they got the couple award. They were stealing glances at each other for the whole night and his gaze sent butterflies in her stomach. She really thought after that night, something will change between them but she was wrong. Neither of them takes the first move. She thought he will at least do something especially what he said to her 8 months ago but he didn’t. He didn’t call back. She figured she must be over sensitive. He didn’t feel the way she felt for him. He might like her and care for her but not in a romantic way.

“He was not.” Shin Hye said softly. “He was happy that night because The Heirs did amazingly great and he finally got to attend an award ceremony with all his co-workers. It has nothing to do with me and he just treated me like how he treated Krystal and Ji Won.” She said and there was a clear disappointment in her voice.

So Yeon leaned closer and looked straight at her. “What about you?” She asked.

Shin Hye looked up at her. “What about me?”

So Yeon pursed her lips. “How you feel about him?” She then paused and pointed at her with her index finger. “Don’t try to lie. Everyone with eyes could see how different you acted around him. You were always friendly, relax and cute around all your male co-stars. Just like Lee Jong Suk. No matter how touchy and how he openly praised you, you were tried to draw a line in between and friend zoned him. But I don’t see that during your filming for The Heirs. You were so shy, so girly and so in love whenever he was around you. Those admiration eyes you always looked at him were evident.”

Shin Hye sighed softly as she looked down and played with her fingers. “It means nothing if the feelings are not mutual.”

“Does he still keep in touch with you?” So Yeon asked cautiously.

Shin Hye exhaled a soft breath before looking at her again. “He did texted me once in a while with some polite friendly messages.”

“He didn’t call you? Did you guys meet again after the awards ceremony?” So Yeon asked again.

Shin Hye sighed again. “Yes. Twice. The interview for KNTV and Lotte Duty Free Family Concert Fan Meeting.” She bit her lip hard recalling what happened during the fan meeting 8 months ago.    

So Yeon nodded softly. “So, you just freeze your feeling for him because you think he don’t feel the same way?”

Shin Hye looked at her and smiled helplessly. “What do you expect me to do? Go to his house out of the blue and just confess to him? He might have the false feeling during the filming because he was too immersed into the character. Everything was back to normal after he started a new project.”

She paused and mindlessly played with the handle of the cup. “Even if he feels the same, do you think it’s possible for us to start a relationship? He is Asia Male God. I have enough bashing from the anti-fans already. I don’t want a complicated relationship. I just want to concentrate on my career at this moment.”     

So Yeon smiled softly at her as she stretched her hand and grasped hers. She squeezed it softly. “I know you have been working very hard for your career and everyone can see that. Your fame and popularity was not because of luck. But your life is not about work only. It’s not a sin to fall in love even you are an artist, a public figure. You have your right and freedom to fight for your happiness too. If the feeling is unclear between both of you, you should not ignore it but to clarify it. How if he does feel the same too? He might be a coward waiting for you to drop him a hint and he might thought you don’t feel the same too. It’s 21st century now. Nobody bother whether is the man or the woman who take the first move.”

Shin Hye looked at her with her lips parted slightly, unable to say a word. Maybe So Yeon was right. If she continued to let her feeling buried inside of her, nothing will ever happen and that was not what she wants. The man that captured her heart since the first time they met 5 years ago worth her bravery and courage to take the first move.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Lee Min Ho exhaled sharply when he finally got into his company car. He took his sunglasses off, closed his eyes as he massaged the bridge of his nose.

“Should we go back to Starhaus or Min Ho-sshi’s apartment?” The driver asked.

“Go back to Min Ho’s apartment. He doesn’t have any schedule until tomorrow afternoon. He need to rest.” Manager Han told the driver before he turned to Min Ho. “You don’t look good these few days. Should I bring you to the doctor? Are you sick or what?”

Min Ho opened his eyes slowly and looked out of the window. “I’m fine. Just tired.” He answered bluntly.

Manager Han sighed softly. “I know your schedule have been crazy and the upcoming ones will be even worse. You still have two concerts to complete and you will be very busy with Gangnam 1970’s promotion, a lot of CFs and events. Tonight you can have all the time you need to rest. Your CF shooting will only be at 4pm tomorrow.”

Min Ho nodded his head without replying him. He never complains about his tight schedule before. He knows this was the price he has to pay in order to be at the position he was now. He was used to it already. Busy and tiring schedule was not the reason he was in this ty mood. He has been like this for the past 4 weeks. In fact his mood has not been good since he know that person accepted the offer to work in her new drama.  

Manager Han took his IPad out and started to check the SNS. He kept scrolling the screen and stopped at a photo. “Eo, I didn’t know Kim So Yeon know Park Shin Hye.”

The familiar name caught Min Ho’s attention as his eyes stole a sideway glance at his manager. He didn’t say anything but waited impatiently for his manager to continue. He sighed silently when Manager Han didn’t say anything again.

“W-Wae?” Min Ho finally spoke.

“She updated her SNS with a photo of her and Park Shin Hye. They were in a café and chatted for 4 hours today. They must be very close.” Manager Han said casually as he continued to scroll the screen and then stopped again. “SBS have been promoting Pinocchio very actively. They kept releasing BTS photos and it reminds me of The Heirs last year. I heard the ratings were quite good too.” He then turned to Min Ho. “Did you watch it?”

“No.” Min Ho replied almost immediately with his deep tone. His face was hardened.  

“You should watch it if you have time. Your coordinators were all screaming at their kissing scene 3 days ago. But to be honest, that kissing scene was amazing. It was so romantic and…”

“Hyung!” Min Ho cut him off as he turned to his manager and looked at him murderously. “I just came back from Nanjing after a long flight. Can you please let me rest peacefully?”

Manager Han narrowed his eyes at him. “You are not jealous, are you?”

Min Ho clenched his jaw and inhaled a deep breath before he turned back to the window.

“Yah, Lee Min Ho. Don’t try to scare me again, okay. This is not the time for you to fall in love. You are at the peak of your career and the world will go up side down if your fans know that you are dating. President Jang will kill me.” Manager Han said worriedly.

Min Ho heaved a deep sigh. “What is my career had to do with my love life? Are you trying to tell me that unless I quit from being an artist, if not I will have to stay alone until I die? I can’t even fall in love and be with the person I like for the rest of my life?” He asked with his voice slightly raised.

“If that person you like is just an ordinary girl then it might not be so complicated. But Park Shin Hye is one of the top hallyu queens. She is also at the peak of her career now. You know it very clearly how hard she have been working to reach where she is standing now. You wouldn’t want to be the one who kill her career and take everything away from her. Your fans will give her a hard time. I’m sure you still remember what happened to Park Min Young.” Manager Han said.

Min Ho averted his gaze again. “I didn’t mention anything about Park Shin Hye. So please stop assuming that all this have anything to do with her. We are just… friends.”

Manager Han laughed softly. “If that night I didn’t saw what happened in that waiting room, do you think both of you are still friends now? Your lips were just an inch away from kissing her. And if I didn’t reach there on time, both of you are now…”

“Stop!” Min Ho cut him off as he closed his eyes and controlled his mind not to think about that night anymore. “Please don’t talk about that night anymore.” He hates himself for being so useless and helpless whenever he recalled that night.

Manager Han patted his arm softly. “You were doing the right thing. You didn’t just save yourself but also save her. You have to understand that you are living in a world that you can’t decide your own future. At least not for now.”

Min Ho chuckled sadly. “If I don’t understand, what do you think I’m doing now? I have been keeping my distance and acted like a coward.”

Manager Han let out a helpless sigh. “If you really love her, you have to bury that feeling you have for her. That’s the only way you can protect her.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho came out from the bathroom after his shower and threw himself onto the bed with his eyes closed. The conversation between him and Manager Han was still clouding his mind.

“If you really love her, you have to bury that feeling you have for her. That’s the only way you can protect her.”

His manager was right. It was not that simple. Especially they were now two of the top hallyu stars in South Korea. He remembered how his fans attacked Park Min Young when they admitted their relationship years ago. He doesn’t want the same thing happen to Shin Hye. He witnessed how hard she has worked to be successful in her career. He doesn’t want her to lose anything because of him. The incident that happened 8 months ago still make him breathless whenever he think about it. He was too careless and impulsive. Everything will turn out to be chaotic if his manager was not there.

But why he felt so suffocated and sour about all her news lately? He was lying when Manager Han asked him just now. He watched every scene that has her in that drama. He even followed all the news about her in the net. He almost broke his new IPhone 6 when he saw her selfie photo with Lee Jong Suk in her Instagram. And the side of his IPad was now dented after he watched her kissing scene with Lee Jong Suk in episode 8. His head couldn’t even control his hand from throwing his IPad to the floor when he saw their lips locked together. He knows he was being crazily unreasonable but watching all those BTS and their photos, he just felt the strong urge to kill someone.   

Just when he was about to off the lights and sleep, his phone beeped. He took it from the bedside table and his eyes immediately widened. He pulled himself up into a sitting position and quickly read the message that was sent by the person he was thinking like crazy now.

 

From: Shin Hye

Hi, oppa. How are you? I’m very sorry to disturb you at this hour. Just ignore the message if you are sleeping or not free.

 

Min Ho straightened himself as he looked at the message for a long minute before he started to reply.

 

To: Shin Hye

Hi. I’m doing fine. Don’t be sorry. I’m not busy. I’m glad to see your message. How are you doing? I think you must be good since your new drama is doing great. Congratulation.

 

His phone beeped again within a minute.

 

From: Shin Hye

Thank you. I saw your photos online and your concert tours were doing great too. Congratulation.

 

To: Shin Hye

Thank you.

 

From: Shin Hye

I saw your photos just now that you just came back from China. You must be tired. Are you at home now?

 

To: Shin Hye

Yes. I’m at my apartment now. Wae?

 

Min Ho expected a quick reply from her but he waited for about 5 minutes but there was no reply from her yet. He typed another text and sent to her again.

 

To: Shin Hye

Are you still there?

 

From: Shin Hye

Yes. Are you free now?

 

Min Ho raised his brows in surprise.

 

To: Shin Hye

Yes. Wae?

 

It took another 5 minutes before Min Ho received her next reply.

 

From: Shin Hye

I’m outside your apartment now.

 

Min Ho widened his eyes as he quickly jumped off of his bed. He threw his phone on the bed and ran out of his room. He took a quick look at his door monitor screen and he cursed silently when he saw Shin Hye standing outside with an oversized coat and a thick scarf covering half her face. He opened the door and was stunned for a moment before he pulled her into his apartment.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier that you are outside my apartment?” Min Ho asked with frustration as he helped her to take her coat and scarf off. She leaned down to take her boots off and her hands were shaking in cold. His jaws clenched together when he saw her lips were slightly trembling. He took both her hands and held it in his tightly. “You are freezing.” Without waiting for her to reply, he pulled her into the living room and seated her on the couch. “Wait here. I’ll get you some hot drinks.”

Shin Hye nodded her head softly. She inhaled a deep breath when Min Ho ran to his kitchen. She looked up and scanned around his apartment. This was the first time she came to this place. He has a very nice apartment. It was very big, neat and clean. There was a big photo of him hanging on the wall. Her eyes were locked at that photo and her lips were slowly curled up into a soft smile. How can he be so breathtakingly handsome, she asked in her mind.

“Here. Drink some hot tea.”

She quickly tore her gaze away from the photo and looked at Min Ho who was now kneeling in front of her, putting the warm cup in between her hands.

Shin Hye smiled slightly at him before she took a small sip of the tea. “Thank you.”

Min Ho took the cup away and put it at the coffee table. Still kneeling in front of her, he took her hands and caressed it softly. “Feeling warmer? I’ve turned the heater on.” He asked worriedly.

Shin Hye nodded as she looked down on their hands. Her face slowly reddened. “I-I’m okay.”

Min Ho noticed her awkwardness and quickly pulled his hands away. He cleared his throat and averted his gaze. “W-What are you doing here? How did you know I stay here?”

Shin Hye shifted uncomfortably on the couch. “I-I… I asked Manager Jun to check for me.” She bit her bottom lip and inhaled another deep breath. “I have something to ask you.”

Min Ho looked back at her with confusion in his eyes. “Ask me? What is so important that you have to come here and can’t ask me through the phone?”

“I… I…” Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter