Chapter 3 - Eye Contact

I'll be your guardian...

CHAPTER 3

 

YOUR POV

 

I woke up feeling dizzy… And I saw yoseob sleeping at the side of my bed..

Poor him.. i looked at his face..

Exhausted about yesterday’s concert..

Another rehearsal to settle

For today.. I feel really bad now…

Suddenly someone knocked on my door..

"Yookyung… is yoseob in there??" dujun’s voice from outside.

"Ah.. nae.. He’s in here.." i shouted and opened the door.

Dujun went inside with a disbelief look on his face then let out a sigh.. "yah~~.. i thought he went

xercise or something since he’s not in his room..

Yoseob woke up with an exhausted face.. "did i miss something…" he said

"You fell asleep in yookyung’s room" said gom manager

"Oh! sorry yookyung.. i didn’t meant to bother you.." said yoseob

"no.. it’s fine.. you must be tired.." i said.

"Hurry and get ready.. we have to rehearsel for the next show and location.." said gom manager

"Okay… Yookyung.. will you be alright here..?" said yoseob with a concerned look on his face..

"i’ll be fine.. don’t worry.." i said. Yoseob nodded and left with a smile on his face.

"ah!.. if there’s anything.. give me a call okay?" said yoseob

"enough will ya.. come on.." dujun pulled yoseob’s hand and went out.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

YOSEOB POV

 

after practicing for a few hours.. we took a break after a long practice..

i wonder what is she doing.. beside she’ll be in that box for a few hours until we come back to pick her

up to the next location..

"what’s on your mind hyung?" asked dongwoon

"ah.. it’s nothing.. just thinking about something.." i said

"it must be bored trapped in a box for 24/7 hours.." said junhyung

"i know right… poor her.. coming here and just sit there and do nothing.." said yoseob

i’ve to think where should i take her out.. but she’s still traumatized… ha! i know where i should take her..

 

After a long time of practice i tell them that i was too tired so i want to go back to the hotel before

changing location.. I went back to the hotel but before that i bought some food for her…

she must be starving since she don’t know how to call the room service..

i bought some cup ramens and mochi ice

cream as a dessert. I went by her room and knocked it..

"oh.. yoseob you’re back?.. Where are the others?" asked yookyung.

"i take an early break.. come on.. i want you to follow me.." i said

"Where to?" asked yookyung curiously

"um.. it’s a secret.. come on.." i said and held out my hand to yookyung

After she reached my hand i quickly grabbed her hand and take her to the rooftop.

"you must be bored in that stupid box all day.. so i brought you out here to see the world.. come take a look" i said and she stepped forward to see the beautiful night in Japan..

The lights at night are really wonderful in Japan..

the streetlights are really colorful.. you can also see a big Ferris wheel right from the rooftop..

 

"woah~~… it’s.. wonderful.. it’s like a city of lights.." said yookyung with an amazing expression on her face.

"beautiful right… i brought some food for you.. you must be hungry.." i said

"yes.. i’m really hungry..i tried the phone but it just doesn’t work properly.." said yookyung

"here eat some ramen.." i said and poured hot water in the ramen cup

"be careful it’s hot.." i said and she nodded "it’s been awhile since i had this.." i said

"yoseob-ah.. i’ve something to ask you.." said yookyung while slurping her ramen

"sure..what is it??" i asked "why are you my guardian?.. you know you’re freakin busy

But you’re taking care of me.. Why?" asked yookyung. I didn’t know how to answer her.. i took

Her cup ramen and put it aside..

"Actually yookyung.. The truth is…" suddenly my phone rang..

"nae Dongwoon… ah.. Okay… i’ll get ready then… okay... bye…" i end the call

"We have to get ready to our next location.. so hurry eat and let’s pack our stuff.." i said to avoid her question..

 

 

We packed our stuffs to move on to the next location. Should I tell her the truth?

"Yoseob?" said yookyung that was standing at the door. I looked at her.

"Yookyung" I called her. "What is it?" she asked.

"You actually like me before" I said. She was shocked. I can tell by her expression.

"no wonder" she said. "What?" I asked.

"I think I felt something when I look at you since the day you took me out from the hospital." She said.

I smiled at her. "Yoseob-ah.... Are we related?" she asked.

"Well… we’re not." I said. "Then why are you my guardian?" she asked.

"Let’s say that it’s kind of my duty to watch over you" I said.

Sorry yookyung… I couldn’t tell you the truth… since it’ll hurt you. "You’ll ride this car with the staff okay?" I said.

"Okay…" she said and I closed the car door.

"You know… you should’ve told her." Said Junhyung while I closed the car door. "I felt really… I don’t know… sorry…? Since her past isn’t so bright… so I have to take care of her." I said.

 

 

YOUR POV

 

The staffs help me got out from the car.

We got our rooms and I slept with the staffs. The next day, the staffs woke me up to take a bath.

"Yookyung… let’s make you pretty today" said their make-up artist.

"But… I won’t look good." I said. "Trust me." Said the make-up artist. I simply trust the make-up artist and let them do the work.

Around 30 minutes… It was done. "Yookyung~ JJan! Look at the mirror." Said the make-up artist.

"Who is that girl?" asked one of the staffs. "You look amazing" said the make=up artist.

I’ve to disguise as their staffs. As soon as I got out from the room, I saw yoseob.

Yoseob looked stunned and he stood there. "Isn’t she pretty today?" said the staffs.

Yoseob just stood there looking at me until the members went towards me. "Wow~ you looked so pretty today." Said Dujun.

Then dujun dragged yoseob to the lift, he didn’t even say anything to me.

I got dragged by the staffs saying good job. I don’t know why though…

 

We arrived at our destination and they started practicing.

The staffs help me get down from the car. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but my feet will start shaking once I made contact with the road. I didn’t even met him today since I have to do some staffs work.

I was refilling water bottle into a box on the table and some snacks from their fans in their waiting room.

A few minutes, they arrived and entered the waiting room to get ready for their concert. As I was refilling and stuff I heard a familiar voice.

"You look good" I looked at the side and it was yoseob reaching for the snacks.

He gave me a warm smile and went to do his makeup before going on stage. I was actually happy to hear that.

I took a glance at him while he was doing his hair.

We made eye contact and he smiled at me. I couldn’t smile at him because I was nervous and I felt like I was blushing so I turned around. I finished my work and went to the other staffs.

While the show was going on, I went near the back stage. It was dark and only a few lights supporting the dark backstage.

 

 

YOSEOB POV

 

We were singing ‘You’ on stage. It was supposed to be a fan came up on stage.

Suddenly the staff brought someone very familiar to us.

Dongwoon came to fetch the fan with a shocking expression on his face but he brought the fan on stage.

As I turn around I saw yookyung sitting on the chair. We casually sang to her like she’s our fan but actually she is.

I held her hand as I sang and gave her a teddy bear that I held.

After the stage is over, it’s my turn to send her backstage while singing my last part. "How’d you got up there?" I asked her.

"The backstage staffs thinks I’m one of your fans because I didn’t wear the staff pass." She said. "

No wonder they brought you up stage" I said. "Well… we’re still one more stage left. The encore. So you should stay in the waiting room with the others." I said and she nodded.

I went back to the stage and sang our last song.

We had a lot of fun and it’ll be our last concert in Japan today.

The encore was "At that place" was emotional and it made all of us tear up since the staffs put up a VCR from Japanese fans made especially for us.

After the concert was over, we went back to the backstage to take some photos with some lucky fans before we went back to our hotel. Once the picture taken was done, we went to the waiting room to change clothes.

We know that there are still some fans waiting for us to come out from the building.

"Yookyung… can you help me took of yoseob’s mic set." Said one of the staffs.

She came towards me and helped me took of the mic from my clothes.

I kept trying to make an eye contact with her while she’s helping me took off my mic.

Once she’s done, she gave me the mic set and we made eye contact so I smiled at her. She smiled at me back.

Tomorrow we’ll return to Seoul and everything we’ll become back to normal but yookyung will still stay with me in the house.

They said to be extra careful once we’re back especially there are neighbors around.

Luckily I got to seat beside her on the airplane, it was kind of comfortable since she's someone that I know.

One thing that I'm sure of I can't let my guard down or else rumors will come out.

Don't worry, I'll be here for you.