Final

Stares

“Unnie! We finally debuted!!” Seulgi said to the leader with her tears streaming down her face. They had just done their first ever performance in live broadcast.

“Why are you crying?” Irene asked concerned.

“I’m just soooo happy!” She said running around the waiting room, and then approached the younger girl, who was crying too.

“Joy! We finally debuted!” She said celebrating with the maknae.

Irene smiled at the sight, she then turned her head to the side and her eyes caught Wendy sitting alone on the couch. She tilted her head, wondering what is in Wendy’s mind right now. The girl was not crying, but she looked like she wanted to.

Irene was one of an observer, because she didn’t speak as much as other people did. She observed a lot of people and she could easily guess what they’re thinking about. She couldn’t read them though, she was just guessing for most of the times.

Wendy is one of those people that she couldn’t easily guess what is in her mind.

Blue is her hair color, and she has to agree with the company. Wendy is deep, and blue, she seems blue though she tries to cover it with her bright smile. Irene always notices when the younger girl tries to hide her emotion, whenever she is hurt with something, she hides it.

Wendy is fragile and vulnerable, she is like a glass that could just break with a slight push, and Irene notices that side of Wendy that the girl tries to hide.

Irene didn’t notice she was still staring at Wendy when the latter suddenly turned her head to her and their eyes met.

The older girl smiled warmly at her before turning away when their manager called them.

Probably that was when Irene started her new hobby, figuring out what the younger girl was thinking about.

It was their first live singing in radio. Irene was nervous as heck, and she even messed up the whole radio by being such a quiet and shy leader. What the heck was wrong with her?

She gulped as she stared at the other members who gave her a smile.

The track started and Seulgi started to sing, like the way they always practiced.

Irene looked at her members’ expression, and she found them happy and cheerful as always. Her gaze then fell upon Wendy who was standing beside her, her eyes reflected happiness, cheerfulness, and somewhat, sorrow.

She turned her head away so she wouldn’t get caught staring. But when Wendy’s part came, she found her gaze on the girl again, she didn’t know why.

Those eyes, are different.

Shine on me, Let it shine on me.

Wendy then turned her head to the leader and gave her a smile.

Irene blush a little when she got caught and looked away, but after hearing the familiar soothing voice, she stared at the blue-dip hair girl again.

Why are you so sad, Wendy?

“Wow! What a nice voice!” The DJ said, breaking her thoughts.

The next radio show they attended, they had to sing ‘Happiness’ again.

Irene stood up and she noticed she got the spot standing beside Wendy. She was a little bit afraid that she would stare at the girl again, but at the same time, staring at Wendy became her new hobby now.

“Unnie, are you going to stare at me again?” Wendy asked suddenly.

“What?”

“Like what you did yesterday, you stared at me the whole time I sang, is there something wrong with my voice?”

“No no! Of course not… I was just-“ her sentence was cut off when the music started to play with Seulgi’s  voice following after.

“Talk later unnie” Wendy smiled and the leader nodded.

Irene held herself back as much as she could and she did a great job on doing that until that troublesome ‘shine on me’ part.

When the beat started to change, Irene found her eyes on Wendy once more. It was automatic, she didn’t even try.

Wendy of course noticed, and Irene knew that. The older girl tried to look away but whenever the younger girl sang that part, she couldn’t control her gaze, it was on Wendy, all the time.

Ryeowook clapped his hands, “good job girls!”

Irene shook her head, she then made an eye contact with Wendy and the younger girl smiled at her.

This hobby continued on the other radio station, and on other events. It was a habit for Irene right now.

“We’re always…..” Wendy explained to the camera and Irene found herself staring at her again. Irene found the way Wendy spoke is really attractive, the slight Canadian accent on her Korean is really cute.

Wendy then caught Irene gaze and they nodded at each other. Irene encouraged Wendy to speak more since she is the spokesperson of the group.

Irene then looked away to the camera.

“But then we…..” She then found her gaze on Wendy again, for the nth times of the day. Now that she observed Wendy more often, she started to see her in a whole new light.

Wendy is beautiful, even when they first met, Irene couldn’t deny that Wendy is one of a kind beauty with bright smile and eyes.

Wendy is expressive, her face is definitely expressive, especially her eyebrows. Irene loves it when Wendy is happy, her eyebrows speak first than any other.

Wendy is probably the worst member at flexibility, but Irene admits that Wendy got the body. She has a small figure, but y at the same time. Her milky white skin is so pleasurable to see.

She couldn’t help her eyes though.

There was one time when Wendy had to wear such a revealing clothes in a variety show, a crop tee that revealed her so fine stomach.

“You look good unnie!” Joy said, giving a worried Wendy two thumbs up.

“Liar, I look fat, why should I wear this?” Wendy groaned as she sit on the couch, pouting.

“Are you kidding me Seunghwan?” Irene said sitting beside her, “you look really good in this, nobody would rock the clothes more than you”

Irene noticed the blush on the younger’s face, cute.

“But unnie…”

“Hey, be more confident okay?” Irene grinned, ruffling the younger girl’s hair before walking out the room, leaving a flustered Wendy behind.

When the show started, Irene held herself back to stare at the younger girl again. She was starting to worry that the fans would notice this bad(?) habit of staring at Wendy.

But she couldn’t help it when Wendy was given a guitar, and she started to sing. That soothing voice never failed to make Irene melted.

Irene was grinning all the time until she felt her muscles in her face hurt because of that. She didn’t know since when her hobby of staring at Wendy because she wanted to figure out what the girl was thinking, now became a habit for her and she didn’t know why, she started to see Wendy differently than when she saw the other members.

Wendy is like a magnet for her, pulling her gaze and interest, whenever and wherever.

It started to scare Irene actually, that her feelings grow unstoppable, but as much as she wanted to held back, she just couldn’t do it. It’s always Wendy, Son Seunghwan.

Irene sighed, seems like everything in her mind now is Son Seunghwan.

“Unnie, really, tell me what’s wrong?” Wendy asked as soon as they arrived at the dorm.

Seulgi and Joy excused themselves and ran off to their shared bed room, not wanting to participate in the conversation.

“What’s wrong?” Irene asked with her raised eyebrows.

“Nowadays you stare at me all the time, I remember it started in one of the live radio, and then it continues and you stare at me all the time everywhere, is there anything wrong unnie?” Wendy asked worriedly.

Wendy of course notices the stares Irene gave her, it was pretty obvious.

At first she didn’t really mind it since she knew Irene likes to observe other people, especially her members. But then, day by day, Wendy started to notice that Irene gave her more attention than she did with other members, she noticed Irene stared at her more.

As much as Wendy likes it, it kind of makes her worried. Is there something wrong? Or did Irene hate her?

Wendy likes attention of course, but the way Irene stares at her is making her feel small and shy? She doesn’t know why.

“Am I?” Irene grinned sheepishly.

“Yes unnie, why are you staring at me all the time?” Wendy asked carefully.

“Why?” Irene stopped for a second, thinking of a good reason to give since she didn’t know why herself.

“Because… Because you’re so blue?” Irene blurted out and Wendy raised her eyebrows at the answer.

“Blue? My hair color? But we all have passed that era” She tilted her head and stared at now a flustered Irene.

Irene chuckled, revealing the truth won’t hurt, right?

“At first you looked so blue, when we first debuted, you tried so hard to make people happy, and yourself happy. As much as you tried to hide your sorrow, it never escaped my eyes. That’s why I said you’re so blue, because you looked so sad”

Wendy widened her eyes, “a-am I?” She asked with her cheeks pink because she got caught.

“At first I stared at you because I wanted to know what is inside your mind, it’s a hard thing to know what is your true feeling and such, that’s why I started to pay more attention to you” Irene grinned lopsidedly.

“As time goes by, this hobby of mine, started to become a habit” Irene shrugged, “weird right?”

“Habit?”

Irene nodded, “my eyes just found their way to you, and I don’t know why, Seunghwan”

Wendy’s cheeks got into a lighter shade of red once again, “r-really?” she cleared nervously.

“Say Seunghwan, do you mind if I stare at you even more in the future?” Irene asked while staring at the younger girl.

“H-huh? W-well… I don’t mind unnie, but… well…” Wendy said flustered. Irene is shy, but when she is close with someone, she is straightforward as heck.

Irene giggled, “You’re so cute” She said pinching the girl’s pink cheeks. The older girl then sighed, still smiling. “I think I’m falling for you Seunghwan, what should I do?”

Wendy’s eyes went wide and her cheeks got even redder than before. “W-what??”

Irene smiled as she walked away from the room, leaving Wendy flustered in the middle of the room. “What… just happened??” she said as she felt butterflies rummaging wildly in her stomach.