Chapter one

Daisy

Chapter One

The most waited day finally came. My parents have been arrived since yesterday afternoon. The school committee was busy preparing the Hall for today. Everyone seems so busy. Of course we excited. Finally we could come back to the freedom. Throw back to my first day come boarding school, I was extremely frustrated. But now, I’m feeling complicated. I was happy because the graduation but sometimes I feel uneasy. I’m feeling sad due to leaving boarding school era. I didn’t know it would come this fast. FYI, two years is enough time to make a new family and habit. I have friends and teachers as my family. They supported me when I was down. We suffered all ways together. They laugh for me, we laugh to each other. Being here is unforgettable experience. Yet there is still many cons. But to be wise, I will always remember the beautiful one.

It was 6 AM, maybe 3 hours before the ceremony. I sat on my bed. My bed is in the lower side and My friend in the upper side. I dried my head with a towel. Suddenly, my upper-bed-friend came to our room. I glanced at her, her expression doesn’t look that good. But I chose not to ask any question, waited for her own decide to tell me what happened. She jumped to a bed that opposite our bed. The iron plan voiced. I glanced to her. She covered her body with blanket to the head. Seeing that, I stop focusing from my hair and watch her carefully.

“Hey, what happened?” Finally I ask. I admit it that I mostly curios than care.

“Nothing” Her voice shaking.

“Something wrong?” she didn’t do something to respond. Her body seems shaking a bit. “Are you crying?” I began to panic.

“Hey hey, don’t cry Tiffany. Tell me what’s happened so we can solve the problem together.” I tried to calm her. I subbed her arm lightly.

“My parents aren’t coming yet!!” She cried harder. I’m shocked. For a while I don’t know what to do so she can calm herself.

“It’s okay, dude. There is 3 hours more before ceremony to begin. Maybe they stuck in traffic.” I said, calmly pull the blanket. Her eyes were red. I reach tissue box behind our bed. And hand it to her. She wiped her eyes.

“Yeah, let’s hope that’s happened. Oh my God I’m a cry baby. You have a bath?” finally she being cheerful again.

The celebration was successfully over. Means my boarding high school age is over. Tiffany’s parents finally came, although they were late for a half hour. My friends and I embrace tightly. Almost of us were crying so badly to each other. I forget about my mom was waiting for me in the car. It was quite long until my driver came and told me that my mother was waiting. I hurry-ly back to my car. My eyes become puffy and swollen due over crying. But that couldn’t make me to stop crying until we arrived to the airport. I even ignored my mother when telling me that  was getting ugly. This is just worse than the feeling when my first boarding high school attending.

Like always, I plugged my ears and started to sleep when the plan was taking off. But my annoying mother woke me up.

“What’s again mom?” I murmured, lazily opened my left eye. My voice cracked.

“Nothing. I think it’s better if I tell you when we arrived home. You still tired, don’t you?” She sighed. I huffed and comeback to my dreamy land.

“Kimi,” my mother once again called me. I glanced at her boringly. I didn’t mean being rude or disrespectful. But seriously this is must be the fifth time she called me with that doubtful tone. I mean she is my mom, so she can tell me anything without doubt feeling.

“Okay, listen to me, lady,” I know I as your parents don’t have any right to set your own future, “I know that we are not the have the rights to set your own future.” She spoke carefully. I know who ‘we’ was pointed to.

I face her, waiting for her additions. But likely she won’t to tell more.

“But ?” I wait impatiently.

“You know your father always makes his own decision. And we can’t do anything accept doing everything he decide.” She told me carefully.

Cih! That father. Is he really my father? He even didn’t come to my graduation. Always busy with business. Am I his doll? Are we his slaves?

“What He want me to do now?” I ask tiredly as lean back the chair. “Is he decide some strange college in somewhere only he know?”

“No no! Of course not something like that!” She avoid directly. I waited for her tells.

“So what mom? Can you please be fast? I really have to sleep.” I whined impatiently.

“Can you please be patient? You are really rude.” My mother huffed. Her hand tried to find something in her bag.

“This is it.” She handed me an envelope. I took that, slowly ripped the side, starting took out the letter. But something in my head told me to stop. I turned my head to face my mother, trying to read her mind impossibly. She is helpless. No, I was the one who helpless for being such a badass.

“Do you know what the letter said?” I look down to my shoes, didn’t dare to look at her face.

“No, I don’t know. Your father only said that this is your upcoming college that you must attend.” She tells me warily. “It’s okay, my lady, just open it. If you really can’t do it, I will try to seduce your father.” She rubbed my arm, hugged me tightly.

“Ah, it’s okay mom. You don’t need to do that. We know the result the last time, okay?” I tell her. But more to tell myself, to calm my heart.

“Okay, my lady.  I know you are my best little girl ever!” she embrace me tightly.

“Come on, mom!” I chuckled. “You don’t have any child beside me.”  She began to giggle.

She loosed her hug. “We arrived, lady. Let’s rest for a bit.” I see around and realize that we now arrived home.

“Tomorrow morning I and your dad will go to New York for a week. You should open the letter when you ready, lady.” She smiled wisely. I smiled back and go up to my bedroom. Not because sleepy reason, but somehow I must sleep to calm my head.

The next day, suddenly after I wake up, I remember that today is D-day for announcement of national university admission test in my country. I joined that test. Of course. But after all of this happened, I don’t care and don’t want to know what my result is.

I reached my phone from nightstand and typed a message. I look at send icon doubtfully. I want to ask Tiffany what she got. But I’m feeling a bit worry. I afraid if she got what we together-ly choose. But frankly, the worst is I afraid if she didn’t get it.

I feel confused, starting to roll my body on bed repeatly. My eyes catch the letter, began wondering what was printed on there. I hope someone was here so I can share my panicked. I afraid. I know the time will never change the text that printed on the paper. But yet, my heart not ready to face what reality I have to serve. I turned to my phone. I touch the send button lightly. Not even a minute, Tiffany reply my message. I smile happily when read the reply. Assa! She got it!

To TIFFANY

OH MY GAWD! CONGRATS CINGUYA ~~~~~~

I typed happly.

To KIMI

YESS!!! I REALLY REALLY HAPPY

WHAT ABOUT YOU??

 

I stopped from grinning, wondering what should I type.

 

To TIFFANY

I don’t know yet. Okay let’s give me a little time to see the result^^

I reach the envelope and take out the letter impatiently. Suddenly, my fingers began trembling. I did know this is different with the letter that printed the Tiffany-result this morning. I didn’t know what would happen. What the reality was. What did I know is this is was my reality, my life that I have to face with. I slowly unfolded the paper. My eyes warily read each text that printed on the paper.

I shocked.

I don’t know how to act. Am I should be happy? Is this my daddy’s trap? I don’t know anything beside the name of the university that printed boldly. I’m crying. Is this for happiness or the opposite.

You know that right? Life is spinning. Yesterday, now or later.



Hey everyone!!! Uh finally I posted the first chap. I don't know what to say. But I think its something like a foreword, rite? I want to make something beautiful written. But yeah, looks like I really have to try harder and more often at writing. so yeah, I wondering if anyone will like this? I really want to know your response so badly! So, please comment!^^

= dhees =