epilogue

Warming Up The Winter

  | epilogue |  

 

Banners fly, the crowd cheers, support whistles blow and opposing official colors dominate the sides of the court. Chanyeol doesn't know what he's doing marching out as one of the playing five in his college's team, especially when he just cleared his freshman year, but the coach finalized him and he is in no mood to disappoint. Their opponent team files out from the other side of the stands and Chanyeol's heart beats loud in his ears. His nerves are on edge, this is his first game with his college team in a tournament and he feels the weight of everyone's expectations on him from their steely gazes.

 

The teams face each other, their names called out on the speakers. People boom at every one announced.

 

The pale athlete facing him, he's called out as Wu Yi Fan. They shake hands, Chanyeol's stiff one with Yi Fan's even colder one and he feels relived he's not the only one so ing nervous.

 

Chanyeol doesn't know when the game begins and when it ends. Time escapes like water between his fingers and their rival team wins with a last second shoot that moves them ahead with one point. He sees their mascot being teased by the rival one but he really doesn't give a damn. He gave it his all, his coach and team members are satisfied with his performance and he's glad he'll get a chance to play again.

 

Their opponent's side is lush with joy and high with excitement. One of their players is staring at him and Chanyeol gives him a wave, hoping he comes off as congratulatory instead of bitter as he feels. The other doesn't even look like he sees him, rather like he's seeing through him. Chanyeol turns his attention back to his team mates who are discussing where to crash for drinks. He misses his high school days. His glory days.

 

"Chanyeol," He's shaken out of his reverie by a quiet voice. One of the rival's stands before him, the one he stood facing on the court.

 

"Hey, congratulations," Chanyeol participates in a stiff handshake. He smiles at the taller male, whom also gives back a small smile and Chanyeol's heart suddenly goes barreling against his ribs.

 

Those eyes, those eyebrows, those lips. He's touched, kissed and dreamed of them over a hundred million times. But they're not set below a blonde head as he so vividly remembers. There wasn't a scar on the eyebrow or one under those plush lips three years ago.

 

"You cut your hair," Chanyeol says dumbly. The pretty boy look has vanished and is replaced by a more mature, domineering one with dark cropped hair. The pallid skin he remembers from their video calls has given way to a healthy color, full of happiness and life.

 

"You cut yours," He smiles back. Their hands are still clasped together.

 

"You changed your name." Chanyeol says more firmly this time, "You changed your number, deleted your accounts, stopped responding."

 

"Yet, here I am." He grins sheepishly.

 

Chanyeol is awed by the elder's confidence. He doesn't remember Kris being this way. He was rigid, quiet and reserved. Yi Fan seems comfortable, astute and hot.

 

"I got in an exchange program. Going to finish my studies here." Kris Yi Fan says. The squeeze on Chanyeol's hand feels meaningful and intimate.

 

"I want to break your jaw."

 

Yi Fan laughs, nervous, apologetic.

 

"I'm really sorry, Chanyeol. It was a hard time for me. I'll explain it all, but we have to catch up first."

 

"When are you free?" Chanyeol squeezes back.

 

"Let's go right now."

 

Chanyeol looks inquisitively over his shoulder at his moping teammates, then at Kris' celebrating ones. "Now?"

 

"I'll pay," He bribes.

 

"Good." Chanyeol claps his shoulder, "I'm going to raid your wallet."

 

"We can go back to my apartment, later." Yi Fan suggests meekly. Chanyeol sees a glimpse of the Kris he knows.

 

"Your apartment?" A hesitant nod. Then a confident one. "Good. I'll ravage you there."

 


And that closes 15,500 words that I wrote for my first ever krisyeol fic.
Thank you fanforyeol

Well, what did you think?