1. Relationship

Who is it?

 

 

Rain was pouring down.

The raindrops slashed against the window, and Jaehwan, who was staring numbly at the raindrops falling down the window, turned his eyes upon the person who called out him quietly.

 

"Jaehwan."

 

Taekwoon, who had just called Jaehwan, crossed out his arm and stared at Jaehwan, leaning against the lecture desk. Jaehwan, without any words, stared back at Taekwoon and then lowerd his head as if he had done something wrong.

Taekwoon let out a sigh from his mouth as he looked at him.

Maybe he himself already know the reason why Jaehwan was behaving like this. No, it was almost sure.

Nevertheless, Taeksoon still asked.

 

"Is there something bothering you, Jaehwan?"

 

"......No, nothing's bothering me... N, Nothing at all."

 

"Then why are you like this. You don't like to be with me?"

 

"No, No! No, N, Not that..."

 

"Then, smile. Why so depressing face."

 

Taekwoon face filled with a little smile, watching Jaehwan suddenly helding up his face and denying the fact that he doesn't want to be with Taekwoon. Actually, only being with Jaehwan in this one space could bring him plenty of happiness.

However, if one thing was always getting on his mind, it was Jaehwna's atitude. Taekwoon couldn't just understand that attitude even if he really tried to.

Yes, frankly speaking, their relationship wasn't something that can be called 'normal'. It could never be normal. Not now, not in the past, nor in the future. Taekwoon and Jaehwan was really unique. If someone saw their relation, that someone could criticize them with harsh words.

Many of the people could already guess Taekwoon and Jaehwan's relationship, but to settle down the fact, two of them were 'goint out'. A relationship that has just begun 6 months ago, so can be called as starting out couple.

But if looking from just the surface, anyone couldn't spot a loving feeling or some pink electric current from their relation. No, to speak more accurate, it wasn't something that couldn't be seen but Taekwoon, no, Taekwoon hiding their going out thoroughgoing, following Jaehwan's opinion.

In reality No one, Not anyone even dreamed or imagined that they were going out. Why, why Jaehwan thought that as a big problem. It was just two person loving each other, and that itself can't be criticized by other people, isn't it? Even if that two person is young, if they behaved like their own age, almost everybody bow to their relationship.

And that is where Taekwoon and Jaehwan's problem came from. They weren't like any other people.

So,

 

"Jaehwan, call me Taekwoon 'Hyung'." (*Hyung is a korean word for some male, older than oneself. Men usually use this.)

 

"H, H, Hyung? Wh, Why......"

 

"Why what. I want to hear it. The appellation that you always tell me isn't enough just in this place? Or should I require you to say 'Oppa'." (*Yes, Oppa is the same meaning as 'Hyung', but female usually use this in Korea.)

 

"Humph, okay, okay. Even though since you are much older it wouldn't be awkward even if I call you middle-aged man instead of Hyung..."

 

"I can hear you talking."

 

"...U...Uh... T, then... Ah! A-ing, Taekwoonie hyung... pleaze forgive me~?"

 

"........."

 

"........."

 

"........."

 

"......Don't bow your head... I know that you are laughing... ."

 

At Jaehwan's word, Taekwoon tried to hold his head in the air which was nearly pasted on his knees, but then failed, laughing out hard and again, stuck his head in his knees. Jaehwan couldn't let his lips still and fiddled his short hair because of the embrassment and all that.

Taekwoon, who had finally done his laughing couldn't help brusting out laughing and being the fairy of the crown of his head, when he looked at 'I'm sulked.' expression Jaehwan. Oh, Lee Jaehwan. You really know how to be cute and pretty.

Jaehwan was mostly, no, always cheerful. Or at least Taekwoon thought him to be. Whenever there was something in the way, Jaehwan was the kind of person who didn't seem to care about it all. No, acting all positively to all the bad things and pouring out twinkling and bright energy. That kind of kid was Jaehwan.

'So that's maybe the reason why I was fascinated and gotten qurious for Jaehwan', Taekwoon thought. Even though Jaehwan wanted to be careful, trying to hide their relation and only showing up his feelings when everybody wasn't around, Taekwoon liked bright Jaehwan for the most of the time.

The fact that they were all male, that wasn't a big problem to Taekwoon. If that's what it is, then that's what it is. Taekwoon was known all around as for his detailed behavior, but on a side like this, Taekwoon, a bit surprisingly, was actually quite free.

On the other hand Jaehwan, as I mention before, was very cheerful and bubbly and he didn't care about all of the problems at all. But still, surprisingly again, he took a deep care about Taekwoon and his relationship and thought twice, third about it. For example, everytime Taekwoon called him as Jaehwaan didn't pay attention during classes, Jaehwan looked around with his big eyes, worrying whether someone could possibly know. Or when the time Taekwoon tried to grab Jaehwan's wrist or push him to the wall, Jaehwan's couldn't hide his nervousness from his eyes and try to get away furtively.

Taekwoon was getting on his nerbs for that. On the outside, he tried to hide as hard as he could, trying to understand Jaehwan. However, they are in a relationship and this is not how it goes on. Honestly, he thought that Jaehwan would get closer to him, trying to get his attention because he knew that Jaehwan loved getting love from other people and he also played around Taekwoon many times. Ha, how he had thought wrong. It was just that. All of the playing around and doing cute things were same, but everytime-and Taekwoon mean it-, yes, everytime he got closer to Jaehwan, Jaehwan took one step back and stared at Taekwoon with those puppy-like-damnly-cute eyes as ifhe had done something wrong. Taekwoon was getting a little bit tired at this situation. A situation that had no more development.

Of course, Jaehwan didn't resisted Taekwoon. But what Taekwoon didn't like was something than can be easily catch in Jaehwan's look. A kind of look that he, Jaehwan was getting eaten up by Taekwoon forcedly. It didn't meant that Taekwoon grew bored with Jaehwan. Only, only... Ha... Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan who was doing flower cup cutely, as he yanked his hair. He didn't wanted to hurt Jaehwan, but he also didn't want to keep this so-frustrating relation.

 

 

"Lee Jae Hwan."

 

"Uh, Um, yes? Yess? Why?"

 

"Do you hate me."

 

"Eh? Uh? N, No! Why on earth.... would you think... that?"

 

"Then, why don't you permit me to come closer to you.."

 

"M, me? When...."

 

"...If you really don't know, then I'll tell."

 

"......"

 

"So, the reason."

 

Taekwoon crossed his arms, looking at I-have-no-words-to-say Jaehwan. There needed to be a reason that he can fully understand. He never thought about the possibilites that.... Jaehwan was already tired of him or having another boyfriend. Because, it would be a little sorry thing for Jaehwan, but Jaehwan was so naive and a simple-minded person.

The determination that Taekwoon made to develop their relation had to be hung on the hedge at Jaehwan's response. Jaehwan's following response was something that Taekwoon never thought of. Oh, yes. So that's the reason.

 

"......Y, You're my......t, teacher, sir."

 

"...Uh?"

 

"Y, you're...the teacher Jung Taek woon, And I'm a student Lee Jaehwan."

 

"......"

 

"I, it's not that I'm trying to run away from you... I just think that this is a bit wrong... I, I'm sorry. I'm just a young student and I don't want to go off s, speed."

 

Jaehwan spoke out the words at once, as if he had thought about this problem many times. You are a teacher, and I'm a student. The beginning is even wrong. And......even... we're both men.

Of course there was other reason, tons of other reasons as well, but Jaehwan considered that it would be unwise to speak all that. He just have to be his cheerful bubbly himself. That's what's all about. Yes.

 

"...Ha... Yes. It is."

 

"......I'm sorr-"

 

"Why. What have you done wrong. Do you have any idea that what you've done wrong?"

 

Jaehwan blinked his eyes. Oh, why is he being so much serious all of a sudden-, no, Jaehwan wasn't actually sure whether Taekwoon was angry or not as he wasn't a kind of person with a vairety of face expressions. But anyway, it looked as though Taekwoon was angry in Jaehwan's eyes. I mean, that attiutude surely scared Jaehwan.

 

"Y... Yess... I, I knoww..."

 

Jaehwan pouted and opened his eyes big, as he always did when he was getting scolded be Taekwoon. He never knew what he had done wrong, but it's just scary looking at him so he had to say something. And, Taekwoon was weak at Jaehwan's ageyo(*Ageyo is a kind of thing that a person does to act cute.) unexpectedly.

 

"Then, what, have you done wrong."

 

"Uh? Ah, ah... I, it's... just anything that..."

 

"No."

 

"Th, then...... when I...resisted, y, you..."

 

"No."

 

"O, or... I acted so stupidly that you got annoyed......"

 

"...Well, that can be a part of the reason, but not the kind of answer that I want."

 

".....Th, then......"

 

"........."

 

"..........."

 

"........."

 

"...What... can be the reason."

 

Jaehwan thought there wasn't a kind of reason beside that. How there can be a reason unless Jaehwan, himself had done something wrong and that angered Taekwoon. And, there wasn't something that he hadn't done right.

Jaehwan, just staring blankly at Taekwoon without any thought, felt his heart thumping at Taekwoon's words.

And that was,

 

"Because you are too cute and pretty."

 

".....U, Um! F, For, heaven's sake... Wh, What if anybody hear it..."

 

Jaehwan tried to wash away the hot emotion, as he uselessly shake his arms. But because Jaehwan was already red-faced, it only stimulated Taekwoon's mischievous.

 

"Why. C.u.t.e. and. p.r.e.t.t.y. Jaehwan?"

 

Jaehwan wanted to hide somewhere at Taekwoon's deliberately question. At usual, it was he who played all kinds of mischief, but when sometimes Taekwoon intentionally played pranks of him, especially when Taekwoon played pranks about their relation, Jaehwan felt so shy. Like when Taekwoon snatch up his wrist without a face-changing or Jaehwan felt even more shy when Taekwoon spoke romantic and embarrassing words.

Not that Jaehwan only had urge to hide from Taekwoon. For sure, he didn't hate Taekwoon. No, he liked him. For real, really.

Taekwoon was rough. His longish body and a shoulder so wide was enough to appear his manliness. And also, steely eyes that felt like it could see through someone.

For that factors, Taekwoon was getting a lot of respect from the students, and the students never thought of disobeying him.

Sometimes, sometimes, Jaehwan got envy of Taekwoon. Even though whenever he showed his enviousness, Taekwoon just smiled and told him that Jaehwan is cute  and perfect, Jaehwan often thought that his attractiveness was way beyond Taekwoon.

Maybe, maybe...... that is why he is in a position like this.

Jaehwan smiled brightly again. He, for a while, considered  about talking Taekwoon about it, but he decided to wash it away.

No, never. I'm never going to show me being in a hard time. Yes, I can do this.

 

"Hey, Lee Jaehwan. are you zoned out? Well... did you fall in love with my spiffiness?"

 

"A, Ah... W, what? With what?"

 

"Such a fool. Can't you get it at one time."

 

"......U, uh... Well... It wouldn't be prudent to call me....a fool for just... one time......"

 

Taekwoon smiled widely, listening to Jaehwan's cute whine. Why is Jaehwan being so hesitate as if regarding him as a lion.

Taekwoon was also, well, dumbfounded. How can a boy can be so lovely and cute. Jaehwan's reaction-keep looking at Taekwoon and sluring the end of hi sentence which Taekwoon found really cute-made Taekwoon to tease Jaehwan.

Taekwoon, trying to stay clam and putting an arm in front of Jaehwan, asked.

 

"Am I cool to you?"

 

"C, certainly! Charisma bb Taekwoon teacher! You're like a prince with a cold and cool and... um, really handsome charm!"

 

"......Hey."

 

Jaehwan felt cheap at Taekwon's sudden cold answer.

Oh, what have I done wrong this time......

Jaehwan, who quite thought this was unfair, decided to do a little disobedience if Taekwoon was going to behave like a cold-hearted robot. And to show that determination, he clenched his fists.

And Jaehwan waited for the cold-and-giving-him-a-wound words from Taekwoon, but Taekwoon's reaction was not expected.

Peck. A peck.

Taekwoon held Jaehwan's ears with his hand and smacked a kiss at Jaehwan's forehead.

'What should I do if you, Jaehwan is so adorable. I really really tried to hold back my feelings, but...' Taekwoon stared at Jaehwan as he gently took his lips back.

That peck was something that went suddenly because Taekwoon couldn't resisted his urge from pecking Jaehwan, but Taekwoon also wanted to know about Jaehwan's reaction to this.

How Jaehwan had rejected him many times, so will Jaehwan receive or not.

Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan without a word, anticipating.

Well, Jaehwan, Jaehwan... was only confused. If a student, or any other person who is passing sees this scene they're doing... The  worst scenario spread in front of Jaehwan. If someone took some pictures or tok some vidoes of them, it would not only make a big issue but also bring a big shock.

Having a secret time or date with Taekwoon, that itself was great. But more than that......

Jaehwan's attention was on other people. If there was a situation where Taekwoon and he himself get criticism from the others, there wouldn't anything more upset than it.

On Jaehwan's mind, he understood Taekwoon perfectly and he wasn't that he didn't have any thought about Taekwoon, holding his hands and doing romantic things. But, but... when Jaehwan turned his eyes, it felt as though someone was watching them and they may be discovered by someone and Jaehwan felt as though some charcter from a drama, secretly sharing love.

Jaehwan tried to answer 'no' to Taekwoon, as he settled his mind.

 

"I, I'm sorr-"

 

"I hope it wouldn't be 'I'm sorry'. I would be delighted to hear anything but 'I'm sorry.'"

 

"........."

 

"According to my memory, we weren't like this from the start."

 

"......We, we weren't......?"

 

"Yes, it was you who tried to peck me, like a fan-girl."

 

"......T, that..."

 

"Kind of think of it, I miss that time. I didn't knew that I would say this, but, you being all bubbly and sticking to me, was a bit cute."

 

"E, eh... I...I'm cute...?"

 

"Yes, you are cute. It's me that realized your charm now and if you got bored or tired of me, then..."

 

"N, No, never... How can I..."

 

"Give me some time, at least. Don't say you're sorry. I want to be a wonderful boyfriend to you."

 

"........."

 

"........."

 

Jaehwan mumbled.

No, I never hated you, Taekwoon teacher, and I never got hurt badly because of you, either. I knew that you keep say bad things to me, but you're the one who actually take care of me and love me. I knew that well, sir, so how can I don't love you, sir.

Jaehwan thought that Taekwoon was certainly a great and fabulous boyfriend.

Taekwoon was great for his just own being, but Jaehwan sometimes got amazed at Taekwoon's meticulous personality, behind his roughness. Whenever Taekwoon was concerned for Jaehwan and tenderly looking after Jaehwan, Jaehwan fell into a flutter. For him, Taekwoon was some kind of his own prince, who is brave and popular and handsome and have a warm-hearted mind though seems to act coldly sometimes. His own, handsome prince...

However-Yes, oh, right. Jaehwan despaired at the surging reality. Himself. He was the problem.

Everything could have been perfect. Absolutely perfect. If only Jaehwan, him, was a beautiful and charming lady, then he wouldn't groan inwardly like this, and could have say squarely that Taekwoon was his man, once and for all.

Jaehwan turned his eyes on Taekwoon. He hesitated a bit at Taekwoon's strong eyes, which were dazzling like they were saying that Taekwoon wanted to love him and was craving to get him. Their relation was definitely had gotten different, compared from the start.

Still, the fact that Jaehwan liked Taekwoon and wanted Taekwoon to be his boyfriend, that didn't change.

Jaehwan stood up suddenly and thoughtlessly kissed Taekwoon on the cheek. At least he wanted to show Taekwoon that his feelings for him was same.

Jaehwan's eyes got widen as Taekwoon pressed Jaehwan's neck. Um, this was not what Jaehwan had expected. Actually, he was going to stop right away. Jaehwan's two hands, which lost their directions kept swyaing until they got hold by Taekwoon's remaining grip.

Jaehwan, wriggling to get out of Taekwoon's grasp, felt his heart shaking.

He felt as though crying, strangely. It's not the stituation to be like so at all. It was unusual for him to cry, but... it just felt like that. Just, just.

Jaehwan's heart was thumping hard because of Taekwoon's strong holding. Taekwoon's hand that is now around his waist, and Taekwoon's other hand that is grasping his hands and, and all that.

But even as Jaehwan felt his heart fluttered, he kept thinking about the danger.

He wasn't sure if doing this kind of thing was right. Especially in a place like in 'school'. Jaehwan felt like his brain was getting washed away.

Comparing this and that can be a bit different, no, a big different, but Jaehwan thought that if someone was stealing something, then he or she would felt just like him in that situation. Thrilling. Thrilling and yet in the same time, heart thumping crazy.

All at once, Jaehwan couldn't stand it anymore. All the sense in his body was screaming out that Taekwoon and himself can't do things like this. He wasn't a beautiful, nor a charming lady. Yes, it could never be. Even though Taekwoon didn't cared about it, Jaehwan did. That was important to Jaehwan.

As Jaehwan hit, not hard, well, even if he had hit Taekwoon hard, Taekwoon wouldn't felt hurt but anyway, Taekwoon, who was a bit satisfied, let go of Jaehwan. Jaehwan hesitated and slipped himself on the chair.

Ha-a. Jaehwan breathed in a dip fresh air. All the thrilling and heart-thumping emotions had scattered into pieces at once, but when Jaehwan held his head up and looked at Taekwoon, the lingering imagery of the emotions wet Jaehwan.

Taekwoon opened his mouth.

 

"I'l wait for you, Jae-"

 

Deureureuk.(*A korean word for rattling.) A rattling sound filled in the classroom.

A student hurriedly ran into the classroom as the old sliding door of the room slid opened.

Taekwoon and Jaehwan turned pale with surprise as they looked at the student. For a moment ago, they were doing something that could't be done at a normal relationship, and if that student, saw them at least for a second.

Taekwoon bit his lips impatiently. He looked at Jaehwan. Jaehwan was just watching the student with widened eyes, but Taekwoon could see that Jaehwan's hands, which were on his lap and couldn't be easily seen, covered with a desk, was shaking.

Earlier should have Taekwoon listened to Jaehwan. If he and Jaehwan's relation gets caught, not only him but also Jaehwan could get in great trouble.

Taekwoon, as he regreted his actions, wanted to hold Jaehwan's hand, but couldn't and glared his eyes upon the student.

 

"Sir? Are you still scolding Lee Jaehwan?"

 

"......"

 

"......Why are you looking at me like that, sir. I feel awkward."

 

"Ah, Hongbin. For what have you came?"

 

"Well, I forgot to bring my umbrella with me when I left school. I was going home, and it rained, sir. I thought about whether should I just ran to home or not but school was nearer than our house so I decided to visit the classroom."

 

"Oh, okay. Then..."

 

"Yes, then sorry, but I think I'll have to excuse you for a while."

 

"........."

 

Is it an acting, that easiness. Or is it because Hong bin actually didn't see them, walking so brightly over to the umbrella stand.

Taekwoon, who had thought very hard, decided that it was the second one.

Hongbin was not a student who had good grades in particular. Yes, Hongbin, was a kind of a student who had middle-ranking grades.

Nonetheless, Hongbin's handsome face and the dimple that appeared everytime he smiled attracted many people, so even Taekwoon heard about the eyewitness acounts that Hongbin got some love letters from a near-by girls' school.

Taekwoon didn't actually knew about Hongbin that much, and Hongbin was not a kind of student that teachers would favor, but he thought that Hongbin wasn't a student with a wicked and manipulative personality. If Hongbin saw him and Jaehwan, he would have probably asked their relation.

Taekwoon relaxed and looked at Jaehwan, who was still looking at Hongbin and showing signs of anxiety. Taekwoon stretched out his hand under the desk and get hold of Jaehwan's hand, trying to give relief, and then, let go.

We didn't get caught. It's a good thing.

 

"Sir, then I'll be going."

 

"Oh, okay."

 

"Yes.. Ah, by the way, sir."

 

"Why."

 

"Don't keep Jaehwan for too long. Jaehwan isn't bad or very idiotic."

 

"......I will."

 

For a while, Taekwoon felt weird as he looked at Hongbin, defending Jaehwan. Hongbin must have felt that Taekwoon was sending him a glaring look, for he also stared right at Taekwoon, not choosing to avoid Taekwoon.

Taekwoon didn't avert his eyes. He didn't say anything, but he felt something was, well, probably wrong with Hongbin. Why was it. By any chance, isn't he showing so much obsession toward Jaehwan? Hongbin had just probably regarded Jaehwan as a classmate and felt pity toward Jaehwan, but at Hongbin's words, Taekwoon felt as though Hongbin was some kind of rival.

There was a lot of tension between the two men, and after some time, Hongbin turned away his eyes first. He naturally rolled up his hand to look at the watch, and then, quickly held up his shoes and the umbrella.

 

"Oh, the time... Gosh. I'm late. I'll leave now."

 

And ran out in a hurry just like he entered the room.

There was a loud sound ringing in the corridor.

 

".....So, it went fine."

 

"......"

 

"......Why are you so stiffen."

 

"M, me? N, no, I just... if maybe..."

 

"I guess not. If it were, there would have been questioning and all that."

 

"Ah, I, It..should be?"

 

"Yes. so don't worry, Jaehwan."

 

Anyway, Lee Jaehwan, you look like you've got an insanity of grandeur, looking around everywhere with those big eyes. Although, cute, I should admit.

What should I do if you are too cute for me. I really want to get closer to you, and make our relation more closer, too. Ha, all the environment around us is the obstacle, and when looking into your anxious face, I feel like I have become a beast. So everytime I just have to watch you.

Taekwoon hit Jaehwan in the head gently. You're so nasty, Lee Jaehwan. how can you be so cute and ignorant at the same time?

 

"......Ouch. Don't hit me......"

 

"I didn't hit you hard. And you are slow in reacting."

 

Hmph...... Jaehwan crossed his arms as he sent out I-hate-you look to Taekwoon. Maybe it had all gone well, this situation. Hongbin didn't asked anything, all right.

But, but... If one thing was troubling Jaehwan's mind...

Surely, it was because he didn't had good ears or what. Or at least Jaehwan hoped.

If Hongbin was in such a hurry, then... there should be a loud noises in the corridor as Hongbin entered the classroom, like he went out, wouldn't it?

'No. Hey, I must have been concentrating too hard that I couldn't hear it.' Jaehwan thought.

Jaehwan, decided that he should forget about it. It wasn't like he could get inside Hongbin's head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: I cut out the white part a bit. If you think it's still long, then I'll delete the white part.

And I'm sorry, but I can't tell you who has feeling for who, yet. But, yes, Taekwoon and Jaehwan have their feelings for each other.