handbook + app。

( cøde academy — a spy school )ー apply open 。
  cøde handbook。
    the cheatsheet 

A note from the headmaster;
First and foremost, I'd welcome you with big, open arms, but being a spy, I'm afraid you might try to assassinate me. Cøde Academy is one of the only fully operating spy schools that has survived the influx of late-20th century spy school eliminations. Don't think that by attending this academy, you're exempt from maths or science so you can learn how to be stealthy or have deadly aim. Maths, science and Korean are all still compulsory subjects. We don't want stupid spies who can't even speak their own language, now do we? You are, however, are not forced to take visual arts or music classes. Sports is a very much needed lesson, though, so if you're fat or clumsy, lose your weight and become better co-ordinated. We're all very much a family here but never lose your guard, for family, blood or not, can still betray one another. 

About the school;
Cøde Academy is a spy school, established in the late 1800s for spies all around South Korea. It has never been found out and never will be so long as everybody is willing to keep the secret. It is disguised as a prestigious self-funding boarding school called 'Seoulla Boarding Academy' off in a secluded area of Seoul, South Korea. There are four rings to the school. In the outer ring lies the lies; Here, everything seems like a normal school for those who happen to pass by. The second ring consists of the boarding houses, situated in such a way that the real school and training arenas, in the third and final rings respectively, are completely missing from the eye on the outisde of the school. No one fears for any assasinations or infiltrations, though, for the academy owns extremely high-tech protection systems created by successfully graduated spies of Cøde Academy.

The Cøde;
The school has a code that must be followed without fail.
Be brave
Be strong
Be you


Dress code; 
Uniforms are provided for all students. There is no room for comfort clothes so do not bother trying to smuggle anything in. The uniform consists of a white dress shirt and black pants or black shorts for the boys, and white dress shirts and a black & blue plaid skirt for the girls. There are compulsory ties, too. You get the option of a blue or a purple one. Over the top of this, you have three options; a blue jumper, a purple vest or a black blazer. As you may have noticed, the three school colours are blue, black and purple. Pajamas for girls include one of two things; a nightgown or a button up shirt with pants; school colours, of course. For the boys, you can either go with the button up shirt with pants, or shorts. Training gear is the same for both boys and girls. Slim, fully black, protective gear. Of course, for the girls, the chest area is moderately padded, and the men's regions are also moderately padded, so to not make things uncomfortable. Strictly no makeup. You are allowed one accessory at a time. A pair of earrings counts as one.

Bell times;
We have strict bell times here at Cøde Academy. Breakfast is served from 6:00am until 8:00am, which is when first period starts. There are six periods in a day, two separated from the rest by a bell for morning tea, and then another two before lunch. The final school bell will ring at 3:00pm, signifying that classes for the day are done. Teachers will not hesitate to hold you back until 6:00pm at the latest, though, if you require any extra lessons or training. From 3:00pm to 7:00pm, you may do whatever but use common sense and follow the school rules. Training is the most approved thing for this time period. 7:00pm is dinner. No one is allowed to have it earlier or later. Everyone has it at the same time, for an assembly of the day is also given here. Dinner finishes at 8:00pm, when you are allowed to train again until 10:00pm. By 10:30pm, you must be ready for bed when your dorm section's monitor will come and check that you are there. Break curfew and suffer the consequences. The earliest time that you can get up for a jog around the place and whatnot is 5:00am.

Expulsion;
Expulsion is something that is rarely done, but will happen if somebody has done something that bad. Your mind will be wiped and you will be sent back to the mundane world.

Ages;
At this school, the students are all aged 13-19. Being the year 2015, that means they're born from 1996-2002. First years are 13 years old, second years are 14, and so on.

Training;
Everybody takes training seriously. At the beginning of the school year, you get tested to see what sort of training would suit you the best. Are you a fighter or are you brainy; that sort of thing. You'll get put in a training group with people who roughly have the same abilities as you. Three periods a week, you'll be training with this people. And, every fortnight, all groups will gather together as a whole in a 'field' group or 'technical' group, depending on what sort of agent you are. Obviously, field agents are in the field group and tehcnical agents are in the technical group. Field agents work on the field during a spy operation while technical agents are more behind the scenes with the ultimate brain power. Before you ask; No. The group you're put in is not the team you'll be working with alongside for the end-of-year tests. These groups are merely training groups. Teams are formed with people of various specialties so, as one, the team will have a little sugar and a little spice. Groups are formed with people who have the same or similar specialties as you, so it'd be all sugar or all spice.
These mentioned specialties include;
+ Intelligence
+ Gadgets
+ Disguise
+ Sleight-of-hand
+ Fight
+ Martial Arts
+ Combat
+ Agility
+ Speed
+ Espionage
+ Accuracy
+ Languages
+ Others

Teams;
At the beginning of each school year, teams are formed from test results, previous passes or pure randomisation. These teams are unchangeable for the entire year. Work together, train together and put up with each other together. At the end of the school year, each team gets pitted against each other in a mundane world assignment. Injury is expected and death is a possibility. You get tracked by 'advisors' throughout the mission who are grading you all the way. Even if you win or come first in the mission, you may not be marked the highest. In the end, it's the advisor's marks that count for everything. In fact, they also keep track of you during the school year, so even if you don't do so good in the mundane world assignment, if you scored really well for the 'schoole year' section, you could still come first overall. If you make the pass mark or get a 'pass' by the advisors, you get to train together with the same team in the next year and go through this whole thing again with the same team instead of being separated. If failed, you're forced to change groups the following year and train with a whole other team for the same thing. Of course, if you passed one year, it's still possible for you to fail the next.

 



 

Setting;
Cøde Academy, Seoul, South Korea. January, 2015.

Application;
- Quality is better than quantity, but that doesn't mean you can just give me three sentences for the personality and background.
- I like seeing pictures in apps, so feel free to include them. Not too much, though.
Not reusing apps is preferred. Of course, if you can make an old app fit this story, then be my lovely guest.
- Replace the image of Gui Gui with your faceclaim and Aaron Yan with your love interest. ach i ship the two of them so much
- Title of app is: 
( cøde academy — a spy school )ー character name 。
- Submit your app in the 'turn-in' blog, linked below.

Character;
- For the height and weight, please don't make them so stupidly skinny. Yeah, I get that they train a lot and whatnot, but don't make them stick-thin or idol-slim unless you explain why.
- This story isn't focusing on your relations, so just include the immediate family. If you have a relative in the academy, feel free to include them, too. 
- Don't give me a long list of friends. Only spies or spies-in-training are allowed as friends. No bakers or university students. None of that, please. Spies aren't necessarily allowed to associate themselves with normal human beings.
- Please, please make your character Korean. Unless they specialise in languages, no foreigners are exactly preferred.


Personality;
- A male or female character is accepted. No ninjas, though, since you can never really be sure what gender they are...
- No Mary Sues or Gary Stus are accepted here. Sure, your character will be a spy, but they cannot be perfect. That being said, do not give your character too many flaws. Though nobody is perfect, nobody is extremely horrible, either.
- Being 'clumsy' is not accepted in any way for this story. They're spies in training, for gods sake. Yes, I get that they could learn to control their clumsiness at this school, but no. NO clumsiness.
- No contradicting traits.

Background;
- Your character's acceptance into this school is either one of two things; their whole ancestral line were spies, too, and attended this school. Or, you were trailed by a staff member who thought that you could be a future spy.
- NO. SOB. STORIES. I don't care if spies can have depressing pasts, do not make them accidental murderers who can't live with the fact that they've killed someone. Don't tell me that your character has two different fathers that married your mother and that you're unsure of who the father is so you tried to jump off a bridge but the real father came by and stopped you. Also don't tell me that you're a runaway from home cos you've been ually abused by your uncle's best friend's cousin and you steal to make a living in the big scary world.

Faceclaim; 
- Idols and ulzzangs are accepted. 
- No fake-looking ones cos why on earth would a spy have plastic surgery to look prettier?

Love interest;
- Optional.
- Any ual orientation is allowed. I'd say that love has no limits, but it really does cos i don't want anyone to say that they fall in love with their robot invention.
- Your love interest can be an oc, or a student at the academy. No non-spies. Or teachers, for that matter. I'm not entirely comfortable with teacher x student stuff.

Taken;
- Name: Bi Yumi (
비유미)
- Faceclaims: IU
- Love interest name: Soh Taekook (
소태국)
- Love interest faceclaim: BTS' V