One.

Melted Kiss.

“I hope that he will like this dish.” Ya El held her plate tightly.

She was walking to the kitchen with such joy and when she wanted to open the door, she heard a familiar voice. It was her boyfriend, Jimin. Ya El peeked through the tiny slit of the door and saw her boyfriend was standing there with a girl looking around the kitchen.

“Come here.” Jimin signaled the girl.

The girl stopped looking around and turned to face Jimin.

“Catch me if you can.” She gave him a smirk and tossed her hair over her shoulders.

Jimin leaned his body onto the wall and looked at the girl intensely,

“Okay then.”

The moment he finished his sentence, he ran towards the girl. The girl could not run as Jimin was way faster than her. Jimin successfully grabbed the girl’s hand and twirled her around while putting his hands on her waist.

“Do you think you could escape from me?” he laughed.

The girl chuckled and playfully hit his chest. Jimin smiled and kissed the girl’s forehead. The girl rested her head on his shoulder.

“Are we allowed to do this?” the girl looked at Jimin.

“What if your girlfriend found out that you’re cheating on her?” she continued.

Jimin laughed,

“Ya El? Please. She always thought that I am loyal to her, I am the best boyfriend or I really love her.“Jimin rolled his eyes.

“You don’t?” the girl asked.

Jimin shook his head and rested his palms on his hips,

“All I care about is her money, status and company.” He shamelessly admitted.

“It’s stuffy in here, let’s get out.” The girl suggested.

Jimin and the girl went out through the back door while giggling.

Ya El were shocked. She could not think straight right now. She looked at her plate with a cake topped with many heart-shaped chocolate.

“He is cheating behind my back and lied to me all these time.” She thought to herself.

Ya El lost her grip and the plate fell to the ground. Her hands were shaking uncontrollably. She covered with her shaking hands. Her body sagged against the door.

“No, no. It’s a lie. Yes, yes, it’s a lie.” Ya El tried to calm herself but she knew it wasn’t true.

She grabbed ahold of herself and started running. It was late at night and there was only some people walking around the street. Ya El ran without looking back. She took off her heels and threw them away. The memories of them together were playing in her head like a movie scene. Her heart ached so much. She continued to run until she saw an ice cream cart. She stopped and quickly removes the cover of the ice cream.

Without using any spoon, she scooped the ice cream with her bare hands. All that she can feel was the pain in her heart. The coldness of the ice cream had no effect on her. While she was eating the ice cream, she could not hold back her tears anymore. The ice cream melted like crazy and was all over her face and dress.

Jin walked out the store and saw Ya El scooping out ice cream from the ice cream cart. The cart belongs to him. He quickly ran over and stopped Ya El.

“Miss! What are you doing right now?!” Jin raised his voice and looked at Ya El.

Ya El looked up and cried again. Jin was dumbfounded.

“Erm, miss. I’m just trying to say that you should not simply take someone’s belonging. It’s nothing to cry over about.“ Jin tried to explain.

Ya El cried even loudly and took over Jin’s cart. She started eating the ice cream and she was in a mess. The melted ice cream was all over the floor. Jin could not stop Ya El from eating the ice cream so he had to forcefully grab her shoulders to make her stop.

“Miss! This is not the way to eat the ice cream!” Jin said that to Ya El.

Ya El stopped and looked at him.

“WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO EAT THEN?” Ya El screamed.

Jin was taken aback,

“The proper way is…”

“Do you know how hurt I am? Just a minute ago, I was happily walking towards the kitchen and guess what I’ve found out.” Ya El yelled.

Jin scratched his head and shrugged.

“My boyfriend, yes,my boyfriend was flirting with another girl!” YaEl’s tears started to fall again.

“Maybe you misunderstood your boyfriend?” Jin tried to push the cart away.

“No!” Ya El grabbed tightly onto the cart.

“He admitted that he dated me for my status and money. HE, HIMSELF SAID THAT.” Ya El started hitting Jin’s leg.

Ya El coughed as she was crying. Jin felt bad for her.

“Look at you, you’re in a mess.” Jin patted YaEl’s shoulders.

Ya El continued to cry without caring her look. Ya El leaned her head on Jin’s shoulder and cried as loud as she can. She was letting everything go. Jin just patted her shoulder and let her cry.

After some time, Ya El stopped crying. Ya El quickly pulled herself away from Jin. Jin just smiled although his shirt got messed up real bad. Ya El wiped away her tears and her eyes were bloody red.

“I am so sorry.” Ya El apologised.

Jin shook his head and smiled,

“It’s okay, everyone have their good and bad days.”

Ya El were so embarrassed to see what she had done.

“I will pay you back. I am so sorry.” She apologised again.

“Oh, never mind. You might want to clean yourself up.” Jin pointed at her whole body.

Ya El nodded and looked at Jin’s shirt.

“You too.” She glanced away.

“Yeah, thanks to you.” Jin played around with her.

“I’m…..sorry…” Ya El’s face was red.

“I was just joking around.” Jin chuckled.

Jin looked at his watch and it’s already 12:30 at night. He stood up and Ya El immediately looked at him.

“Well, I got to go. Miss, it’s better if you go back home now. It’s midnight already.” Jin started to clean up his ice cream cart.

Jin handed over a pack of wet tissues to Ya El,

“Wipe your face and clean up after you’re back at your house.” Jin smiled.

Ya El stood up and started walking away. Jin just smiled and waved her good bye knowing that he will not get any response from her.

“Be careful! “ Jin shouted.

Ya El tripped and fell down. Jin quickly ran towards Ya El and helping her to stand up. Her knees were scratched and bleeding. Jin quickly ran back to his cart and grabbed some tissues. He ran back to her and stopped the bleeding.

“Are you really okay?” Jin looked at Ya El.

Ya El shook her head.

“This can’t be helped. I will accompany you to walk back to your house okay? “Jin suggested.

“But your cart…” Ya El pointed at the cart.

“It’s okay, no one would want to steal it anyway. So, okay?” Jin smiled.

Ya El nodded,

“But my house is very far from here.” Ya El softly voiced out.

“Like very far?” Jin asked.

“Yes… We might need a car, because if we walk it might take up 1 hour to get there.” Ya El looked down.

Jin was looking somewhere else.

“Here, climb on my back.” Jin squatted down in front of Ya El.

“What are you doing?” She was shocked.

“Your legs were hurt. You can’t expect yourself to walk in that condition for one hour. Come on, I will carry you.” Jin was determined.

Ya El obediently climbed on his back and along the way, he piggybacked her and she was giving directions to her house.

Finally, they reached her house. Ya El rang the bell and a lady started running towards her.

“Miss Ya El, are you alright?” the lady asked nervously.

“I’m alright, thanks to this gentleman.” Ya El looked at Jin.

“Well, I better start going back. Goodnight.” Jin bowed to the lady and to Ya El.

“Wait!” Ya El shouted.

Jin stopped and looked back.

“At least clean yourself up and change your shirt before you get going. My parents aren’t here so it will be fine.” Ya El signaled the lady to invite him into the house.

Jin could not turn down the lady so he just gladly accepted the invitation. Ya El went up and the lady gave Jin a clean shirt. Jin just cleaned himself up and changed the shirt. After he finished, the lady told him that Ya El wanted him to go to her room. At first, he rejected.

Why would a man enter a lady’s room in the middle of the night? But the lady insisted so he had to go up.

He knocked on the door and saw a cleaner Ya El. The maids brought some hot chocolate and put on the table. Ya El and Jin started to know each other better after some conversation and Jin went back home after some time so that Ya El could sleep.

Ya El ignored Jimin’s call or messages. She started to hang out with Jin and sometimes help Jin to sell his ice cream. Jin told her about his background, being adopted wasn’t an easy life for him.

He always wanted to find his biological parents but still, he is thankful for his adopted parents for raising him with no complains. Yes, they weren’t rich but they gave all their loves to Jin.

Jin working as an ice cream seller never bothered Ya El. He made his own ice cream and the flavours are da boom. She admired Jin because of his courage. He never gives up in life and kept going on strongly.

“Have you ever dated someone?” Ya El asked Jin.

“Nope.” Jin smiled.

“Liar. How could someone like you never dated before?” Ya El questioned his answer.

“I don’t want someone to date with me just for my looks. The girls who were interested in me found out that I’m poor immediately ignored me. Every girl deserves the best for her so I don’t resent them.” Jin smiled.

“Oh! Jin, I am invited to this party and I have to bring a partner with me. I don’t want to bring my boyfriend, you know why, so are you free this Saturday? “ Ya El rested her chin on the table where Jin was preparing ice creams.

“I will be honoured to accompany you.” Jin said it in a noble voice.

Both of them cracked.

“But I don’t think I have any nice suits.” Jin looked worried.

“It’s okay, I will buy you one.” Ya El reached out her fingers to taste the ice cream.

Jin slapped her hand and shook his head,

“No way.” Jin said.

“Yes way, and no objections.” Ya El held up her hand right in front of Jin’s face.

Jin just gave in.

“I want to taste the ice creams.” Ya El looked at Jin with her puppy eyes.

Jin smiled and Ya El took it as a sign but Jin took away the bowl,

“No.”

Ya El puffed up her cheeks.

“Don’t sulk. I will not give it to you even if you begged.” Jin smiled.

“Why?!”Ya El raised her voice.

“The ingredients are expired unless you really want to try it.” Jin threw away the ice cream mixture.

“Whatever.” Ya El looked away.

 

Ya El bought a nice suit for Jin and she was wearing a long blue dress. Both of them went in arms in arms into the venue. Everyone was turning heads and looking at them as if they were the main character of the event.

The event was about cooking and Jin knew why Ya El brought him here. He looked over at Ya El and Ya El smiled at him.Jin excused himself for a while to the bathroom.

Ya El were chatting with the others when suddenly she felt someone held her waist. She looked over and it was Jimin. She quickly pushed away his hand and Jimin was shocked. Ya El would never do this to him.

Jimin grabbed YaEl’s wrist and went out from the place. Jin came back and was searching for Ya El and YaEl’s friends told him that Jimin was with her outside.

“This isn’t good.” Jin thought to himself.

He quickly ran outside and searched for Jimin and Ya El. Jimin stopped and Ya El snapped.

“What are you doing?!” she glared at Jimin.

“I am the one who are supposed to ask you the same thing.” Jimin scoffed.

“You ignored my calls and messages and now you’re bringing another man to this event? Obviously, you’re cheating on me.” Jimin tried to sound like he was the one got cheated on.

“Excuse me; you might need to get this right. About a few months ago, who were the one cheating? The one who said that he dated me for my money?”Ya El crossed her arms over her chest.

Jimin were shocked.

“How… No, you are not supposed to find out about that.” Jimin was taken aback.

“Oh yeah? So sorry, I found out about that.” Ya El tried to sound confident.

“You were wrong about it; I did not mean anything I said that night.” Jimin tried to explain.

“I had enough of being fooled by you. I deserve someone better and greater than you.” Ya El turned around with her back facing Jimin.

“Don’t you dare to break up with me!” Jimin was angry.

“I am.” Ya El started walking.

Jimin grabbed her hand and turned her around with his another hand up in the air.

“You are not!” Jimin yelled as his hand was getting closer to YaEl’s face.

Ya El slammed her eyes shut, ready for the attack. But there wasn’t any pain on her face. She opened her eyes and saw Jin grabbed Jimin’s hand. He pushed Jimin away and made sure Ya El wasn’t hurt.

Jimin’s eyes flashed and clinched his jaw at the sight.

“That’s my woman, don’t you dare to touch her!” Jimin exclaimed.

Jin turned around and a punch landed on his face. Jimin punched Jin in his face. Ya El was shocked.

“Stop it! Don’t hurt him!” Ya El were begging Jimin.

Jimin stopped and grabbed YaEl’s hair,

“Are you begging for him?” His eyes burned with anger and frustration.

“Jimin, stop! It hurts!” Ya El tried to push Jimin away but he grabbed even tighter.

Jin blinked owlishly and saw Jimin grabbing YaEl’s hair. He stood up and attacked Jimin from the back. Jin punched Jimin hard enough to make Jimin weak for some time. Jin was ensuring that Ya El was alright. Suddenly his vision went black.

Jimin took a stone and hit it on Jin’s head. Jin fainted right away and was bleeding. Jimin now glared at Ya El and wanted to hit her head too.

“No!!” Ya El screamed.

Luckily someone was passing by and called the police before Jimin hit Jin’s head with the stone. The police came at the right time and Jimin was arrested. Ya El was crying uncontrollably when the ambulance came to take away Jin. She insisted of staying right beside him.

After a few weeks, Jin woke up and saw Ya El was arranging the flowers. Ya El turned around and saw Jin was awake. She quickly called the doctor and the doctor did some check-ups and ensured that he’s alright. The doctor and nurses left the room and Ya El sat next to him.

“I am so worried.” Ya El looked at Jin.

“Who are you?” Jin asked.

“What are you talking about?” Ya El were confused.

“Who are you and where am I? What happened?” Jin asked.

“I’m Ya El, don’t you remember?” Ya El were shocked.

Jin shook his head.

Ya El called the doctor and asked him about what happened to Jin. The doctor told her that it might be the impact from the stone. Ya El went back into the room hopelessly and looked at Jin.

She started crying and Jin looked at her with a deadpan expression. He sat right next to her and whispered in her ears,

“How could I forget such beautiful lady?”

Ya El looked up and saw a smiling Jin.

“You’re faking it?” Ya El looked puzzled.

Jin nodded and laughed. Ya El were embarrassed and punched Jin’s chest. Jin coughed and Ya El immediately stopped.

“Are you okay? I am sorry.” Ya El reassuring Jin’s alright.

“I am sorry too for faking the memory loss.” Jin smiled.

After a few days, Jin was finally admitted out from the hospital. Ya El and Jin were hanging out at a café and suddenly Jin asked Ya El.

“I don’t exactly know if this is true, but I think I heard you said that you wanted to make ice cream for me?” Jin sipped his fruit juice.

Ya El choked on her water and looked right into Jin’s eyes.

“How could he remember that part?” Ya El thought to herself.

//throwback//

“Jin, I … I … I have a lot of stuffs waiting for you to do it with me. I want you to stay by my side when I have problems… I  .. I …. I wanted to make the sweetest ice cream for you and tell you everything…..don’t leave me alone.. I need you..”

//end of throwback//

“Nope, I did not say that, you’re hallucinating.” Ya El denied.

Jin just shrugged and nodded. Ya El had been practicing on how to make ice cream since Jin fainted. She wanted to make him the sweetest ice cream that he ever ate. Ya El excused herself and went into the kitchen. There she took out a container filled with ice cream and scooped out most of it.

She decorated the ice cream with some biscuits and fruits. She came back while holding the small bowl at her back.

“Taadaa.”Ya El proudly put the bowl on the table.

Jin looked at the ice cream and then looked at her,

“So you did promise me.” Jin laughed.

Ya El blushed.

“Have a taste.” Ya El gave him a spoon with the ice cream.

Jin took the spoon and tasted the ice cream.

“How is it?” Ya El asked.

Jin cocked his head sideway,

“Should I be honest?”

Ya El nodded and smiled.

“It’s rather bland for an ice cream?” Jin rubbed the back of his neck.

Ya El frowned and Jin felt bad.

“It’s edible and maybe you forgot to put in some ingredients?” Jin tried to comfort Ya El.

Ya El looked down on the ice cream and then looked at Jin.

“Oh! Now I remember.” YaEl’s face brightened up.

Jin smiled as if he thought it was her mistake.

“It was supposed to be eaten this way, the proper way.” Ya El sat next to Jin.

She scooped out some of the ice cream and the ice cream was on her lips.

“A proper way. It’s not the way…” Jin laughed.

Ya El grabbed Jin’s head before he could finish his sentence and she landed her lips on his lips. Jin tasted the ice cream that was on her lips,

“Now, what’s the taste?” Ya El smiled from ear to ear.

Jin was shocked but he was smiling,

“It’s sweet.”