First

One Rainy Day

Kevin's POV:

I ran to your side quickly, not wanting to let you get hurt. But I must of been to late as I yelled out for people to call an ambulance. Holding you close, I was scared. Nothing seemed to be falling into place... but it was all at the same time. I had to figure out, it was the only way.

"They are coming!" A random girl spoke to me, hanging up her phone and squatting next to me. "What happened?" Her hand went onto your forehead. 

I looked up at her and recognized her as our waitress. Her entire face was on you and only you as she continued to check for basic signs of anything. Her entire gaze was in concern. Tearing up, I shook my head.

"I don't know. We were talking and then she... fell..." Pulling you closer, I held your head up towards me. "Please be okay... Please be okay..." I mumbled as I heard the ambulance from outside.

 

It had been two days since then. Two days since you fell and went into a deep sleep like stage. The doctor said that it could of been a coma, but your brain worked itself through and kept that from happening. Don't ask me, the doctor said it all.

I stayed with you all day yesterday, not wanting to leave your side. And for the most part, I didn't. Other than to get something to eat and use the restroom, I sat next to your hospital bed the entire time; holding your hand and not letting go. 

At one point, I thought you were awake. The doctor was in the room with a nurse and you were stirring. You had squeeze my hand, smiling, and mumbled, "I love you, Kevin..." 

My heart skipped a beat as I gazed at you. "____?!" I asked, pushing hair out of your face. I tried to look into your eyes, but once I moved your hair, you had already gone back to sleep. I had looked up at the doctor and he told me that you were starting to wake up. 

"It might be in the morning tomorrow, but she'll be waking up soon." He smiled and left me with you.

When you did wake up, it was early this morning and the first thing you said was my name. Shaking my head from being sleep deprived, I sat up quickly, kissing your hand. 

"_____?" I whispered, not quite sure that you were really awake. My heart was thumping with anxiety, especially of what happened the last time you "woke up".

Opening your eyes, you looked at me with a huge smile. "Kevin..." You mumbled, trying to sit up but were too weak to.

Touch your arm, I kept you from getting up. "Don't move, please. You're too weak and you need to regain strength." I slightly rubbed your arm.

Rubbing your eyes, you yawned. "Why aren't you at school?" You asked, removing your hand from mine and messing with your hair. You stretched a bit before putting your focus back on me. 

I softly laughed. "I didn't want to leave you... Plus, I'm smart, I'll get back to it." I waved my hand, pushing an imaginary thing away. I grinned, but your face altered.

"Kevin, you have to go to school today. I don't want you missing out school days because of me." You pushed yourself up. 

Helping you by placing pillows behind your back, I questioned, "Why? Can't I just stay here until you get better? I feel guilty enough..."

"Guilty?" You asked, crossing your arms and looking at me with confusion. "Why should you feel guilty?" 

Because I made you think about the past.... I thought, keeping a smile on my face. "Oh, because... you know..." I tried, but nothing was coming to my mind. I couldn't find a way to lie to you without you knowing I was lying. I sighed.

Biting your lip, you took my hand. "Kevin, please. I'll feel better if you come back after school. I don't want you to see me like this." You spilled, only looking down at our hands and turning a shade of pink. 

I smiled, kissing your forehead. "Fine, I understand. But call me or text me if you want to talk to someone or if you're feeling light headed, or if you feel like you might pass out, or---"

You cut me off by laughing. "Kevin! Don't worry!! I'll be fine." You gave me that beautiful smile of yours that reassured me. "Just go. Oh! And can you get me my school work, too?" 

I nodded. "Ne." 

~~~~~~~

So that's where I was now. Sitting down in my last hour, counting the seconds until I could leave school to see you. My heart couldn't take the fact that you were not here with me. I mean, you've been sick before and I've been fine, but you being in the hospital because of me...

Shaking my head, I moved my eyes away from the clock and back onto the teacher. Mr. Tennant was talking about the different kinds of plants there were in the world--from sakura trees to sunflowers--not much of a topic.

I watched as he described each thing with such beauty. Everything he talked about was in great lengths of explanation. I almost fell asleep at how much he talked. Blinking over and over again, I couldn't help but fall into a small sleep.

"Kevin Woo, what do you think of sakura trees?" 

My eyes flew open as I snatched my head up. "Wha?" 

The class laughed as Mr. Tennant asked the question again. "Sakura trees. What do you think of them?" 

"Well, they are really beautiful..." I started, wondering why we were even discussing this. "When they bloom, they are the most beautiful things in the world." My thoughts fell onto you. I smiled, sighing. "It's like, when everything could be bad, their beauty shines through and you know that everything will be great. Everything will be fine. And when they fall..." I paused for a second. "You almost think that they'll never come back. That that was the last time you'll ever see them. But knowing nature, you know that they'll come back. That their beauty will shine once again. You just have to wait and hope that they'll be as beautiful as the time before. And when they do come back, they are even more beautiful."

*Bring*

The class stood up and quickly left the room in file order. A couple of girls giggled and told me that what I said was amazing and asked if I could help them study sometime. I denied, but thanked them. 

Getting up, I felt a stare on my shoulders. Turning, I saw Mr. Tennant walking towards me. 

He chuckled. "You know, I may love plants and stuff, but not once have I ever talked about them with that much... hmm... what's the word... Life." Mr. Tennant gazed at me, winking at me. "So, who's the lucky girl?"

Face flushed, I looked away. "I really don't know what you're talking about Mr. Tennant..."

"Pish, posh!" He started. But then he shrugged. "Just to let you know, who ever it is, she's lucky to have a guy as thoughtful as you." Mr. Tennant patted my shoulder. "Now, go. I'm busy with other things." He turned. "Oh look! Rain!" 

I gazed out the window. "Yeah... rain..." 

Turning away, I left the classroom quickly. I didn't want to have anymore delay with not seeing you. I had to see you now, now that I was able to leave and get on my way. I just had to quickly stop by my locker and grab yours and my stuff.

When I reached my locker, I saw a body standing there, looking in the other direction. She was leaning against my locker, so I had to ask her to move. 

"Amber, you're in front of my lock--"

"I know." She interrupted, facing me now and not moving. 

I squished my face. "Please move, Amber. I'm in a hurr---"

"Where are you headed to?" Amber moved closer to me, putting one arm around my neck and the other played with my shirt collar. Her face was closer than comfort and her eyes were too wanting. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my place..." She ran her finger along my spine. 

Shivers went through me. "Heh, I'm sorry Amber, but I have things to do..." I pushed past her and started to unlock my locker. 9...12...14.... I went through the numbers, trying to keep my eyes off the fact that Amber's shirt became even lower than it was a few seconds ago. Mentally shaking my head, I quickly grabbed yours and my stuff, slamming the locker behind me.

"Wait, Kev-ah!" Amber grabbed my arm, twirling me around. 

I breathed heavily, wanting to see you more and more. "What is it, Am--"

My mind when blank as I felt Amber's lips upon mine. The smell of her vanilla chap stick filled my nose as her hands made their way behind my neck, pulling me closer to her. 

No, no, no, no, no! I yelled in my head, pulling away from Amber. "Am---" I tried, but Amber's lips were back on top of mine. Stepping back this time, I pushed Amber away again. "Amber!"

"What?" She shrugged. "I just can't help myself!" Amber tried to pull me closer, but I kept away. "What is your problem?" Amber crossed her arms. 

I turned away, not wanting to answer that question as I made my way to the door. From behind me, I heard Amber mumble something that made me freeze. My heart stopped, keeping me from exiting the door. My hand was on the handle, but I couldn't push it open. Biting my lip, I turned around. "What did you say, Amber?"

She winked. "You heard me." Turning away, she left me. 

I couldn't handle it anymore. I pushed the door open and ran out into the rain. Amber's words haunt my thoughts.

At least I was your first kiss. 

I was your first kiss.

First kiss.

I kept running, forgetting my car and going straight to the hospital. 

 

 

Gah~ that was interesting to write o.o 

lol, hey guys! 

So I was debating whether or not I should talk to you guys after every chapter. I've seen others authors do it, and I find it really cool! But I still don't know if I should, or not.

If you think so, say so >.< Other wise, I'm only going to say something every now and then :P

Well! There's that chapter!! :D ^-^ Next one coming soon~