iv. (baeksoo)

EXO Drabble Dump

Next Time, For Sure [baeksoo, 322 words]

 

 

        Silence becomes noise when it’s between them—violent drumming against layers of cartilage within chests and the occasional bobbing of an Adam’s apple. Baekhyun chews on his lower lip as he discreetly steals glances at the other male who’s walking too close beside him, shoulders touching as both squeeze under a black umbrella to find shelter from the drizzle that started to pour as soon as they stepped out of the van. And it’s always like this, he thinks. Whenever they walk together, Kyungsoo would only look straight to where they’re heading. Baekhyun would only be within his range of vision when he would need to turn his head to watch out for cars as they cross countless streets.

“Let me.”

He hears Kyungsoo say and Baekhyun flinches when the other male’s warm hand wraps around his cold one, coaxing the umbrella handle away from his grip. Then it’s a brief battle of wills—one fighting for dominace and the other for warmth. Baekhyun could feel the increasing beat of his pulse against Kyungsoo’s wrist so he lets go earlier than he normally would and doesn’t say anything when Kyungsoo triumphantly takes and holds the umbrella for the both of them. He lets his hand tangle around Kyungsoo’s arm instead, trying to find as much content as he can in the amount of skinship he shares with the other male because it’s always like this. Clearly Baekhyun should be used to it by now. Used to how rejection feels like because Kyungsoo never turns his head to look his way. To see Baekhyun like how Baekhyun sees him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll let you hold it for us next time,” Kyungsoo offers and Baekhyun can only smile with hope before squeezing closer beside him until all that is needed to close the intangible distance between them is a little courage and a confession.

Baekhyun chuckles, “Yeah, next time.”

Next time, for sure, you’ll see me.