Final

Idiot

Honestly, it was a mystery how Hyuk’s been passing his college exams all these years.

Hyuk claims that he’s just naturally gifted in cramming nights before but Taekwoon argues that he could get better results if he just studied weeks earlier like he did.

Either way, here they were in the college library on Hyuk’s unwittingly self-titled ‘Study Date’. Hyuk had complained that they haven’t been spending enough time together since Taekwoon’s started studying for the end of year exams— like most students should be and have been he might add.

Though he had to agree that they really haven’t seen much of each other nor been able to spend time together liked they used to. And that he honestly quite missed the younger, though he wouldn’t ever admit it out loud so easily.

So hoping to appease his boyfriend and productively get some studying done while they’re at it (and have a proper dinner date afterwards) it seemed like a perfect idea.

But it wasn’t really a ‘study’ date at all.

Rather the whole studying part was absent on Hyuk’s side. It was more like ‘Distract Taekwoon while he tries to study’ date and ‘Force Taekwoon into playing footsies with him till he gets kicked’ kind of date.

And honestly, Taekwoon was one foot-dubiously-trailing-up-his-calf away into kicking Hyuk in the shin before suddenly some girl had come out of nowhere (a little too done up and perfumed for some actual ‘studying’ Taekwoon notes) and sat right next to Hyuk, initiating a rapid conversation about the upcoming biology exam—apparently they went to the same bio lectures.

He stared as the both of them talked avidly to one another, laughing as they made snide comments about their snooty lecturer, completely oblivious to his presence.

It was plain and obvious to see to anyone really, with the way she would lean in closer, chest out and her eyes blinking coyishly at Hyuk that she was obviously trying to come onto him.

Frustratingly, Hyuk seemed to be utterly unaware of this and continued to engage in animated conversation, obviously relieved from his boredom of having done nothing but annoy Taekwoon this whole time.

Taekwoon frowned a little as he tried to ignore the subtle way the girl pressed into Hyuk’s side and laid her hand on top of Hyuk’s as they laughed about something again.

Instead he chose to kick Hyuk’s shin under the table and smirks behind his laptop at his loud yelp, enjoying how the sudden outburst had the girl looking at Hyuk like he had suddenly grew another head.

They had finally come out after a long 2 hours of being holed up in the library and as expected the chilly autumn air was particularly biting at this time of the night.

Taekwoon suppressed a shiver as he brought his scarf up higher and tucked his chin into it savouring the warmth.

Hyuk stay pressed to his side, hands stuffed into his coat as he sighed into the cold night air.

“Man, I didn’t get any work done” Hyuk complained, frowning.

Taekwoon gave a pointed look at his boyfriend from the corner of his eyes, pursing his lips shut for a long moment before he burst.

“You would have… if you hadn’t been so busy flirting.”

He was met with some silence, refusing to meet Hyuk’s face and stared at his feet instead knowing how the younger must be looking at him right now.

Taekwoon made the curious mistake of looking up to his side and was met with that -eating grin the younger does when he’s amused about something. Annoyed and slightly embarrassed, he sped up and left Hyuk trailing behind him.

Hyuk knowing that other was obviously upset—more so in that Taekwoon was upset in himself for being so jealous, still Hyuk couldn’t deny that it was utterly and undeniably cute.

The younger caught up to him and walked by his side, pensively glancing at the older whose gaze had been glued to his feet.

He inched closer and bent his head down into the other’s personal space, forcing the older man to meet his eyes.

The older recoiled at the sudden face in his vision and scowled in annoyance, flicking the younger’s forehead in retaliation.

Hyuk laughed as he stood upright again, rubbing the sore spot.

“Hyung, I was not flirting!”

Taekwoon continued to walk in silence, refusing to meet Hyuk’s eyes.

The younger wrapped an arm around Taekwoon’s shoulder and shook it a little, “C’mon hyung. Why would I flirt when I already have you?”

Taekwoon scoffed at the cheesy line as he shrugged the arm off his shoulder.

“Says the one flirting with a girl in front of me while playing footsie under the table.”

Hyuk chuckled at that, recognizing the slight jest in Taekwoon tone and wrapped his arm comfortably around the older’s waist knowing that the other wasn’t going to shrug it off now.

“Okay how about this- every time a girl comes up to talk to me I’ll just stop them and say ‘sorry, im taken’ even if they’re not necessarily trying to get into my pants.”

Taekwoon huffed at that shaking his head, biting his lower lip to stop himself from laughing.

He stared at Hyuk to his side and steadily added, “Guys too…”

“Alright, I’ll say that to every guy too… Even if they’re straight and not even trying to get into my pants.”

Taekwoon chuckled softly at that, lightly adding a joking hum of approval.

“No- better yet. Why don’t I just tattoo ‘Jung Taekwoon’s property’ on my forehead instead?”

Taekwoon stopped this time and turned to face Hyuk, frowning in that odd way he does when he’s trying hard to fight a smile.

The older looked straight into his eyes and in that serious, dead-pan way the younger knew Taekwoon liked to joke in said, “Why don’t you just tattoo ‘idiot’ on your forehead instead.”

“Alright then, ‘Jung Taekwoon’s Idiot’ it is- right across my forehead, in big comic sans!”

Taekwoon snorts at that eyes wide in incredulity, crumbling in his resolve to stay cool and cant contain the full blown out grin he gives the younger. "I should dump you for even suggesting comic sans"

Hyuk pouts at him, "But hyung, you wouldn't last a day without me! You love me too much"

Taekwoon snorts at that but finds he can't bring himself to deny it either. Instead he jostles Hyuk hard to the side with his shoulder, smirking as the younger stumbles before he runs away.

Hyuk laughs at that and immediately runs to catch up to him.