Jiwon and Her Daddy Kyuhyun

Jiwon and Her Daddy Kyuhyun

It has been two years since Ryeowook was allowed to take a week break and relax for a bit. He planned on going to his relatives in the province, a couple of bus rides and sea trips away from the city. He was so excited that he literally rushed out the stage after performing with the band and headed to the dressing room to collect his things and go back to their dorm and prepare for an early ride tomorrow.

He thought of his grandparents, his niece and everyone else he hadn't seen for quite a long time now. As he was putting his brush and lyrics on his bag, he bid goodbye to everyone else and ran out the door when his lanky band mate accidentally bumped him.

"Kyu! Sorry, I was not looking," Ryeowook excused as he flashed his wide grin. 

"What's with the rush, Wookie?" Kyuhyun asked and the latter looked at him, as if his eyes were saying, duh! It's my break tomorrow, Kyu, seriously? But Kyuhyun is too dense that he can't quite get the message. Ryeowook rolled his eyes and said, "It's my leave tomorrow Kyu, don't you remember? Manager-hyung gave us all a break, now if you don't mind I want to pack my things and sleep early; I have a long day ahead tomorrow."

Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows and scratched the side of his head. Now he remembers! He sighed and looked at the small guy. He moved to his side and let the latter walk. Ryeowook smiled and started walking away when Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist and asked him in almost pleading, childish way—"Can I come with you?" 

Ryeowook had to admit he can't just resist those puppy eyes. He smiled and leaned up to give his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips. "Pack your things, small traveling bag - the better. And we'll leave at five." 

Ryeowook let go of the hold and turned to start walking, "Five in the morning." He added and the Kyuhyun who was smiling awhile ago was now frowning not liking the sound of five in the morning that still rings inside his ear. 

So he is wide awake around 4:30 in the morning to go bathe and set his things by the entrance door. Ryeowook smiled at him and gave him a soothing hug as he sat on the chair and let out a yawn. Kyuhyun isn't the type of guy who travels and goes explore the both ends of the country but Ryeowook is a different story. He really is. So the younger leaned on the hug and pulled Ryeowook closer and smiled as warm circles were made across his back.

"Are you ready?" Ryeowook asked and Kyuhyun shook his head. The older let a wide grin and shuffled Kyuhyun's hair. "Let's go then." He said and Kyuhyun clinged on the latter's shirt and let be dragged towards the door.

They ride a cab headed to the terminal to get two tickets and find for their bus. So it was fine all right. They got their tickets and they got their bus. Their bags weren’t much of a burden since Ryeowook did tell him to pack lightly. They got their seats and waited for the bus to be filled. Ryeowook sat by the window and Kyuhyun laid his head on the smaller guy's shoulder and took a quick nap. The latter smiled and held Kyuhyun's hand.

+

"Ow!"

Ryeowook looked at him and smiled; rubbing Kyuhyun's arms. 

The bus ride wasn't that fun, in his opinion since the road was so bumpy that he kept on waking and waking up from his nap and literally bounces on his seat. Even the cushion wasn't of a help. He sighed and adjusted his cap and looked at the scenes outside instead. He knew leaving his PSP wasn’t a good idea. He shouldn’t have left it at the first place.

"Good thing this bus has air conditioning" the younger mouthed and Ryeowook giggled to himself as he offered a sandwich he prepared to the soon irritated man.

+ 

It was his first time riding a ship. And all of his curses and swearing about the previous bus trip had been washed off as he by the plank bay and scanned the whole thing amazed and overwhelmed. "We'll be riding this thing, hyung?" 

Ryeowook handed him his bag that was totally forgotten as soon as he got off the bus and saw the ship. He smiled. "You got your ticket, Kyuhyun-ah?" Kyuhyun nodded, still looking at the ship.

Ryeowook held his hand and they started climbing the platform and showed their ticket to a cabin boy. They both got seats and set their bag at the side as Kyuhyun scanned the whole place - really amazed and now half-enjoying this trip.

So after roaming around the whole ship, Kyuhyun finally got tired and went back and scooted near Ryeowook who was busy checking the map of his province. "Tired already?" the younger nodded and grabbed a cup of coffee.

"Hyung, tell me something about your province."

"Well, it's my umma's province actually. My grandparents have a wide range of farms and poultries and even stables for cows and -- ow!"

Kyuhyun almost fell from his chair and grumped as he sat still and find his balance and held Wookie tightly. The ship bumped on the cement port and shook everyone else. Now Kyuhyun had totally lost his patience. He cursed and about to strangle the captain of the ship when Ryeowook took his wrist and grinned, assuring him it's all right. Kyuhyun sighed and smiled as he got both of their bags and headed to the stair case off the ship.

But his frown had been plastered on his face again as he realized that they’ll be having another long bus-bumpy ride. He sighed. He really should’ve brought his console.

+

It is not in his nature to tag along with kids and play with dogs and even cook their meal but if he had to do it with Ryeowook, then be it. So he wakes up again, another day of doing nothing but pile of family-oriented works, and nature loving stuff to do. Accept it, Kyuhyun isn’t that type of person, he would rather lock himself inside their room and watch to the old, non-cable line television and be on his own. Everybody knows how anti-social he is.

So he got up, clinging on Ryeowook’s shirt and standing off the bed and look at the smaller man.

“Sleepy?” Kyuhyun nodded and Ryeowook tiptoed up to pull a hanging strand of hair away from his face. It has been three days now after they arrive and welcomed by the whole family.  

Moving on, they walked out of the room after cleaning up and fixing their bed. Ryeowook’s uncle greeted them and prepared breakfast. As he sips his hot coffee, Ryeowook was busy spoon feeding his nephew who is two-year old. He can’t help but smile, Ryeowook sure is caring. He felt someone tugging at his shirt and saw Ryeowook’s five-year old niece, looking up at him with big, round eyes. 

“Hello…Ji won,” he recalled and carried the young girl and let her sit on his lap. Ji won smiled and offered him a crown made out of small flowers that she had picked just outside their house. 

“Appa,” she mumbled and Ryeowook glanced at her smiling and looked at his lover. Kyuhyun smiled and offered the kid a toast bread to munch on. 

So they went to this farm, 5-kilometers away from the house they’re staying. Ji won was sitting beside him and Ryeowook’s carrying Han, his two-year old nephew, inside the car. 

“Kyu-appa,” Ji won mumbled, stuttered, and Kyuhyun looked at him, smiling. 

“I saw a cow! A chick and a van!” Ji won spoke, enthralled and Kyuhyun had to smile at those sweet innocence.  

“You know, it’s been years since your last visit,” one of Ryeowook’s aunts said delighted and happy to see Ryeowook. “You had grown, Ryeowook, you’re just a little kid the last time I saw you.” 

Kyuhyun was holding Ji won’s hand looked at them and smiled. “a-appa,” Ji won mumbled as she started jumping and tried his best to get his hyung’s attention. Kyuhyun kneeled down and wiped some cookie crumbs away from her face.

“Ducks!” Kyuhyun looked at the direction the younger is pointing and happen to see a group of ducks playing by the pond.  

Kyuhyun nodded, smiled and stood up as he saw Ryeowook and Han going inside the house to grab something to drink. He and Ji won followed and as soon as they got inside, everyone else greeted him.

“So you’re Kyuhyun,” Ryeowook’s cousin asked, offering him a bottle of orange juice.

“Yes, Yes I am.” He grabbed the bottle and sat on the couch and saw Ryeowook chatting with his grandparents and asking how they were. 

“Ji won, go get some cupcakes for Kyuhyun- hyung.” Ryeowook’s cousin said and the little girl let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and tiptoed towards the dining table. When they arrive everyone else welcomed him and he can really say that it was like a grand family reunion. Well, it was Ryeowook, their only relative that stays in the city just to earn money.

They chatted and talked. Kyuhyun let him do all talking since he was really overwhelmed and happy to see that his cousin had made a surprise visit for them. Kyuhyun smiled, nodded back and shared some of his stories too. Ji won was playing her other cousins and would scoot near Kyuhyun and then to his uncle Wookie.

+ 

The four of them bid goodbye and went back to Ryeowook’s uncle’s house. He had looked through his phone and checked for the last time if he had visited all of his relatives. He went straight to Han’s room and tucked the little boy for bed. 

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun and Ji won raced towards the bathroom. Ji won jumped on the bath tub as Kyuhyun opened the shower knob and let water rush over the little kid.

“Kyu-appa,” Ji won stuttered as she played with the water, “…”

Kyuhyun looked at her as he scrubs her long soft hair with shampoo. “Yes sweetie?” he said, smiling at her. He really didn’t expect that he’d grown close with Ryeowook’s niece, well, he really isn’t fond of taking care of kids but Ji won is a blessing. He didn’t want to sound so melodramatic but she really is.

Ji won shook her head and instead smiled as she splashed some water to his ‘appa’. Kyuhyun laughed and started playing with the bubbles and spread it all over the kid’s arms. He even made a mustache and spread it on his chin and made a fake pirate sound. 

“Appa seems to be having fun,” Ryeowook entered the bathroom and smiled as he saw Kyuhyun giving Ji won a bath. “Right Ji won?" 

Ji won nodded and washed her hair and body with running water as Kyuhyun rolled his eyes to his lover but letting a sweet smile. He got up from his small stool and grabbed the towel. He turned off the knob and wrapped it around the kid. 

“I’ll prepare us some hot choco to drink, Ji won, you want milk?” Ryeowook asked and the little girl nodded in delight. Kyuhyun smiled and carried little Ji won who’s laughing contentedly as they rushed inside their room and change into her pajamas.

+

Kyuhyun placed little Ji won over the counter as he handed her bottle of milk. He sat beside her and Ryeowook smiled at them. 

“You know Kyuhyun-ah,” the older man said, “It was a good thing you tagged along. You sure are having fun.” Kyuhyun gave him a look, “What? Ji won, Appa looks scary.”

Ji won finished up her milk and let out a small burp. Kyuhyun looked at her and smiled. Ji won got up and latched her arms around Kyuhyun’s neck from the back and ordered him to stand up. She leaned her head on Kyuhyun’s back while Kyuhyun placed her legs around him and they started swaying 

“You have a weird way of making kids fall asleep,” Ryeowook commented as he wash the mugs.

“Ryeowook,” Kyuhyun said as Ji won closed her eyes and seems to have fallen asleep. “Did you have fun?”

The older man smiled and caressed his cheeks, “Of course, of course I had fun.”

“Couldn’t we just stay here?”

Ryeowook looked at him, surprised and stunned. Kyuhyun looked at him and he sure is serious about what he had said. He smiled but shook his head. Kyuhyun bit his lip as he move Ji won from his behind to his arms and now cradling her.

“If we stay here, everyone will look for us, your family. Leeteuk would probably get mad at us for not telling, Heechul would brag for losing one of his best Starcraft buddies, Donghae would miss you for sure and, Eunhyuk won’t have someone to fear. Sungmin would whine about losing his roommate and wine buddies. Just imagine us not coming back, Kyuhyun-ah.” Ryeowook animatedly explained and Kyuhyun smugly smiled.

He is right. Kyuhyun sighed and hugged Ji won close him smiled at Ryeowook before stepping close to him and gave a light peck on his cheek. Ryeowook smiled, and ran a hand through his hair.

“But we can go back whenever time allows us, right?" 

Kyuhyun looked at Ji won and at Ryeowook next, he smiled.