Krisber

Into Your World

Soojung looks at her friend with a pout and blinking cutely with her puppy eyes, trying to change her decision.

“It’s no use to use your aegyo at me, Jung-ah.” Amber chuckles at the pouting Soojung and decides to go back to the novel that she is reading.

“But, you don’t want to go to prom?”

“I think I will pass, Jung. Besides, I’m not ready to see him with another girl.” Her reply earns a sigh from Soojung and a sympathetic smile from Luna.

“I think it’s better that way.” Luna nods, “Don’t force her, Jung-ah. She knows the best for herself.”  

Soojung’s pout and frown deepen hearing that words, making Amber slightly guilty. Soojung has been working hard as a committee to make this prom be the best prom ever. And here she is, the head of committee’s best friend refusing to go to the prom.

“Sorry, Jung-ah. Besides, I don’t have anyone to go to prom with.”

“Like Soojung and me have someone to go with.” Luna’s sarcastically remarks, rolling her eyes.

Amber laughs, “Yep, but both of you are the committee. You would probably busy on the day to run the event. And I will be left alone.”

Luna nods understandingly, Amber has a point though. “If you say so.”

Amber shifts her attention at her youngest best friend who are silent throughout the conversation. Soojung’s eyes are glazed, seeming to be deep in thought. Always like this, Amber chuckles.

“Hey, earth to Jung Soojung!” she waves her hand in front of Soojung’s face, trying to get her attention.

She blinks slowly and stares straight at Amber,“Unnie, if you have someone to go with, would you like to go to prom?”

“... What do you mean, Jung-ah?”

“It’s easy, we just need to find someone to accompany you to the prom.” Soojung leans back at her chair while the other two are trying to grasp her words.

Amber sighs, once Jung Soojung is committed to something, she will do everything she could to make it happens. And now, it seems like her really wants Amber to join prom. What should I do?

“How is it, Unnie – think about this, if you bring someone to prom, then you can prove to Minho oppa that you have moved on. That you have forgotten about hi..” a hand gesture from Amber effectively shut her up.

“Yep, find me someone then.”

“Really?” Soojung beams happily while Luna is trying to grasp the conversation.

“Are you sure, Amber?” Luna asks her curiously.

“Yep, just find me a really handsome one.”

---

“A really handsome one, my ! There is no such person in this campus.” Luna grumbles. After describing her perfect type, Amber just left them to go home and Luna starts to think that probably her friend is messing up with them.

Tall, older, handsome, sporty, cold but cute when he smiles, smart, lovely, kind hearted – how I would even know if that guy is kind hearted or not, Luna thinks grimly. But the bouncing Soojung besides her thinks otherwise. The younger girl seems to be really eager of finding someone for Amber.

“What do you think about that guy, Unnie?” She points at a man who is queuing at the canteen, but without waiting for Luna’s answer, quickly shakes her head.

 “Nope, not suitable for Amber unnie.” She mumbles to herself. It happens for quite a few times. Soojung never gives up, but Luna does.

“Give it up, Jung-ah. Amber’s type is too perfect to be true.” Or she just describes her ex – Choi Minho who fulfilled all the criteria for a perfect boyfriend except for one, faithful. Upon remembering the cheating bastard, Luna scowls.

“I really hope we can find someone better than Minho for Amber, but it seems impossible, Jung-ah.” She solemnly casts down her eyes to her untouched bubble milk tea. But the reply from Soojung never comes.

“... Ju- what the hell is she doing right now?!” Luna’s eyes almost fall from her sockets seeing her friend is not sitting beside her anymore, but now is striding to a group of men. This Jung Soojung is too brave for her own good.

---

“Excuse me.” A girl’s voice causes them to stop and look at her.

“Yes, miss? Can we help you?” Junmyeon, as always being a perfect gentleman, asks her. But the girl ignores him, staring directly at Yifan.

“Can we talk for a while?” She asks Yifan with a firm voice. Yifan only blinks and stares at her strangely, wondering why would the hell a college student have anything to do with him?

Before Yifan could respond, someone grabs the strange girl’s arm, trying to drag her away from the group.

“I am so sorry if my friend bothering you, guys.” Another girl bows perfectly, tightens her grips and hisses at her friend, “What are you doing, Soojung-ah? Don’t do anything stupid.”

The strange girl replies back, “This is our chance, Unnie. Trust me; I know what I am doing.”

She turns her attention back to Yifan, “Well...?” she arches her eyebrow as if challenging him to go with her.

“Ok, let’s see what you want.” Yifan agrees, “Junmyeon, you guys can go back first to the office.” He orders his colleague to go back first. The interns have to fill in some paper before starting in next week.

But the younger male doesn’t budge from his spot.

“Junmyeon?”

“... Ah. Okay, let’s go guys.” Junmyeon’s hesistant tone doesn’t go unnoticed by Yifan, but the older one just shrugged it off. Beside he has more important thing to do with this young girl.

---

“Now, spill. Don’t waste my time.” Yifan plops his at the uncomfortable bench in the canteen. If only Yixing didn’t take his leave today, I won’t be here and wasting time with these brats, he mentally cursed at his colleague.

“I want you to accompany my friend at prom.” She states calmly.

Yifan is the perfect description of an intimidating man. With his towering height and piercing eyes, combined with his serious look, many people will just shield away from him. But not this girl, who can stare directly to his eyes without waver. He has to give her applause for that. If not because of her stupid request.

“Excuse me?” he squeaks unmanly-ly, and coughs slightly before composing himself back. “You want me to do what?”

Then that strange girl babbles about her friend’s miserable state after being dumped by her cheating boyfriend, resulting in her absence in the prom, and something that he just doesn’t have any patience to listen.

“That’s why I thought you will be the best for her.” Finally her speech ends, making Yifan sighs.

“I am sorry, maybe this is too much for you to understand. We can understand if you refuse the request.” The other girl adds. She is not as brave as the first girl but at least she has more sense on her brain.

“No, Luna unnie. If it’s not him, I don’t think we can find any suitable man for Amber unnie. And Amber unnie will always crawl back to that Choi Minho.” Soojung spats the name as if it tastes bitter on .

“Choi Minho, you say? Your friend dated Choi Minho?”

“... Um, yes?” Somehow, Soojung suddenly feel unsure of herself.

“Then, I am in.”

Somehow, Wu Yifan thinks that going to the college today is the best decision that he has ever done in his life.

---

Amber has given up trying to persuade her friends to spill the information of her date for tonight. She remembered how Soojung’s eyes glinted with glee when she informed her that they had found her a man to go to the prom with. And Luna, which she thinks is more mature than Soojung, just keeps silent with a knowing smile on her lips.

“You will know later, Unnie.” They said in unison.

And here she is, being dragged by her friends to the salon to do her makeup.

“I can’t wait for tonight.” Soojung is all smiles when she looks at Amber, making Amber feels uneasy.

“Then, how will I meet him? Is he going to pick me up or something?”

Soojung waves her hand dismissedly, “Nah, he said he will meet you in the hall. He is a working adult, Unnie. You can’t expect him to pick you up.”

“Then, what should I do to find him? I don’t even know his face.”

“Well, it’s for us to know, and for you to find out.” Soojung smiles sweetly at Amber while Amber is struggling with herself not to leap and strangle Soojung.

---

“You are going to the prom? Are you even serious?” Luhan almost burst out laughing if there is no Yixing’s reprimanding grips on his thigh letting him know that Yifan is indeed serious.

“Yes.” He, wordlessly, packed up his paper nicely after finishing for the day.

“Come on, dude! You choose a college student rather than hanging out with us?” Luhan whines, ignoring the murmurs of the interns saying you also hang out with us, the college students.

Luhan whips his head at the interns who deliberately looking at anywhere beside at him. Those brats, I don’t know how Yixing can go along with them.

“Can I join you?” Jumyeon’s soft voice, making everyone looks at him strangely.

“I just think it will be good to change for a while – you know, feeling young among the youngsters.” Junmyeon adds with an uneasy laughs, missing the squinting eyes of Yifan on him.

One of the interns, Huang Zitao, whom Luhan thinks a real life example of an affection deprived child, hugs Junmyeon from behind.

“Of course Junmyeon hyung will be welcomed to join us.” Ignoring Luhan’s protest of “we are not even that old.

“I will call Soojung to inform the additional.” Kyungsoo excuses himself to make a phone call.

“Wait, Soo. Let’s hear from Luhan hyung if he wants to join us, college students.” One third of the pranksters, Park Chanyeol smirks at Luhan, making Luhan wonders if he just made a mistake of accepting the final year student as an intern in his department.

“I join you, guys.” He stutters his answer, making the three musketeers snicker at him. Oh let’s see if they can still snicker after the hell of work that I am going to give to them on Monday.

---

Amber nervously gulps her drinks and unconsciously smoothers a nonexistent wrinkle on her dress. It has been an hour and the guy hasn’t show up.

What if that guy decides that he won’t show up? She nervously shakes her head. Soojung and Luna obviously have thought about everything. I need to believe in them.

Speaking of them, they are nowhere to be found. After arriving together from the salon, both of her friends are busy running the event. Soojung can be seen going back and forth from the backstage and Luna with her walkie talkie, instructing the DJ and performers of the night about the event.

And here she is, sitting on the vacant chair all alone, while waiting for her partner. Some people come along to try small talks with her even some guys come over to ask her for a dance, but Amber politely refuses.

She casts down, looking at her laps. It’s a simple black dress, not really fancy for a prom but quite a change from her usual casual style. It’s probably because this is the first time I am all dolled up wearing a dress.

“Amber?” After 2 months break up, Choi Minho’s voice still sends shiver throughout her spine.

“Minho.” She tries to shake the longing tone at her voice, but it comes out as a squeak.

“Wow, you look amazing.” He looks at her from head to toe, making her uncomfortable. “If only you dress like this when we were dating.”

At the mention of their time together, Amber feels like something in her snaps, “Don’t even try, Choi Minho.” She warns him.

“You know, we can go back to that time.” He grabs her wrist, forcing her to look at him, “I am still in love with you, Amber.” He pleads.

“What about that girl?” Amber tries hard to blinks her glassy eyes from tears. She can’t deny she still has feelings for Choi Minho.

“That girl was a mistake.” He looks at her solemnly, and Amber feels her resolve crumbles.

“We can go back together, Amber.”

Amber inwardly cursed at herself for being so weak. She is suffering yet she still in love with Choi Minho. What should I do?

A strong hand yanks Minho’s hand away from Amber, making both of them gasp at the interruption.

“You are her past. I am her present and future.” With that, the stranger places his hand on her hip and drags her away from Minho.

---

“Are you stupid?” He lets her go once they are far enough from Minho to go after.

She looks at the stranger with confused looks at her face.

“You are really stupid.” He runs his fingers at his perfectly combed hair, feeling frustrated at the expressionless girl in front of him.

“Excuse me?” She blinks and somehow feel insulted being called stupid by a complete stranger.

“What else is more fitting to describe someone who going back to her ex who cheated on her.” He looks at her daringly, “PABO.”

“Hey, I don’t know you and I certainly don’t appreciate being called pabo. Who are you to say that to me?”

“Your friends are right. You need help.” He grits his teeth.

“My friends?” Then, realization dawned on her, “You are Wu Yifan?”

“The one and only.” He smiles smugly at her. “Your partner for the night is here, princess.”

She throws a disgusted look at him, “If only you are not late, I won’t be harassed by my ex boyfriend.”

“Forgive me for being late; I am working hard for my life.” He mocks at her, “By the way I saw it, and you were not even trying to free yourself from him. You were giving yourself to him to harass you.”

His accusing tone somehow strikes the point, making Amber frowns and casts her eyes on the grass below her heels. Feeling something burns behind her eyelid, she refuses to look at the man in front of her.

A soft pat on her bent head is what she needs the most right now. And the next thing she knows, that she is crying in his embrace.

She has never cried in front of people before. Not in front of Luna or Soojung, nor Minho when she caught him cheated on her. She can comfort herself perfectly fine but she doesn’t know why this Wu Yifan guy can make her sobs within his touch.

“I am sorry. You are not supposed to be here.” She says between her hiccups.

“Yet I come.” He looks at her tenderly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Why do you even come?”

He looks at her with wistful look on his face, “I want to meet someone.”

“Someone? A girl, you mean?” She sends a knowing look at him. “There are a lot of pretty girls in my college, you know. Soojung, Luna, and others. Oh and if you like older woman, I have a very pretty lecturer named Victoria. I can introduce her to you.” She nudges him at his ribs, with a teasing smile.

“No, thanks. I have already someone in mind.” He laughs. Amber strucks at the set of pearly white teeth and a prominent gum that is showing. He is really handsome when he smiles.

He catches her staring at him, making Amber blushes and quickly casts her eyes away.

“Oh.” She beratted herself for being caught staring.

“Don’t you want to know who?” He smiles at her.

“Only if you want to talk.”

“Well, there is this girl that I really liked when I was in college. She is a hoobae. She is very different than any other girls. When all the girls busy trying to conform to the universal beauty, she is comfortable in her own way. And I think she looks beautiful without even trying.”

The way Yifan talks about his crush making Amber a little bit jealous of the girl. She is probably really pretty if she manages to catch Yifan’s attention.

“I never had any chance to get to know her since we were in the different university. I could only meet her when there was a campus olympic competition. I hoped by participating, I could at least grab her attention. I won the basketball game but I lost her.”

“Do you know her name? Probably I can help you to find her?” This is the least thing she could do to thank him.

He shakes his head slowly, “I don’t know her name. What I know is his boyfriend’s name.”

She frowns, “How do you know her boyfriend’s name?”

“Because it was printed on the back of his basketball uniform. His name is Minho Choi.” He looks straight at her, rendering her speechless.

---

So I fulfill all your criteria of a perfect boyfriend, right?”

“Well, yeah. I have to give Soojung applause for finding you. After Minho, everyone that is faithful is my type.”

“Yeah, you are lucky I have additional points. Tall, older, handsome, sporty, cold but cute when he smiles, smart, lovely, kind hearted.” He recites her criteria, makes her drowns in embarrassment. She was just joking when she mentioned it to her friends.

“She told you?”

“She even has a check-list of your type.” He smiles teasingly at her.

“Jung Soojung, you are so dead when I meet you!”

---

A/N: Down with massive headache resulting in this fanfic. Leave your comment down below, it makes my day reading comments <3 have a nice day!