Promise

In Fate's Hands

Chorong couldn't stop the tears that was coming out of her eyes. This would be her last day in Korea. This would be the last time she would ever get to see her bestfriend, Joonmyeon who lives a couple of house down the street. As she was packing her clothes, she heard a knock on the door. Quickly wiping the tears, she stood up from the bed and opened the door. And the one standing in front of it is none other than her bestfriend, Joonmyeon who's eyes was more swollen than Chorong's. He knew that it would be a long time before she sees her again even though she's just going to Japan, so he decided to visit her on her last day.

"Joonmyeon!" The girl exclaimed as she ran up to Joonmyeon, wrapping two arms around his neck

Words weren't needed to show how sad and gloomy both of them are. They both stood there crying as they hugged each other tight. Something they wouldn't be able to do for a long time. She knew why Joonmyeon came to her house. He doesn't want to see her leaving in the airport as it will cause too much grief for him. She was just 16 years old that time and he was 17. Even though they weren't old enough, they understood what and why all of this was happening. Things weren't as the same as it was back then. When Joonmyeon and Chorong had a lot of free time together and have fun. But as they started getting older, the number of times they see each other started decreasing as they both got busier with their own, personal lives. They were both born in a rich family and they were groomed by their parents to be the top heir and heiress of their respective companies

"I'll really miss you, Chorong~" He said as he caressed her hair gently, tucking it behind her ear.

"I'll miss you too, Myeon~" She replied softly as she buried her face in his chest.

"Don't forget to text me everyday, ok?" He chuckled softly, patting her back

"Of course! Every second, every minute, and every hour!" She joked as she pulled herself away from him. Looking at him with a gentle smile

"If that's what it takes to keep our friendship intact, then yes!" He nodded his head in excitement

"Aigoo, when will you ever change, Myeon? Who would be able to cope with your silliness and randomness?" She ruffled his hair, pouting teasingly

"Now that I think about it, I think it's just you!" He pointed his finger at her, poking her pout

They know that they are trying to lighten up the mood but when her mother told her they're gonna leave already, that's when all the tears just came out. Joonmyeon and Chorong's friendship was very deep. Deeper than anyone thought it would be, including their parents which was shocked by how strong their relationship were. That's why Chorong was a little bit disappointed at her parents for making this decision so quickly without even considering her feelings if she was okay with it. As Chorong started to pull the luggage out of her bedroom, she was halted by Joonmyeon for a second who was holding a small box in his hand, wrapped around with ribbons.

"Before you leave, I have something to give you." He said as he reached the box to her

"Hmm, what is this?" She asked in curiosity as he took the box

"Inside is a locket with my picture in it. Do you remember the time when we took pictures in the Han River? Well since I knew you were leaving, I decided to make a personalized locket with both of our pictures in it!" He carefully explained as the girl stared at the locket in awe and suddenly pulling him to a tight hug.

"Thank you for making me happy, Joonmyeon." She wiped the tears from her eyes who was badly swollen for crying endlessly since earlier

"That's what friends are for, right?" He nodded his head as he pulled the girl into the final hug

"Chorong-ah! The car is already prepared!" Her mother shouted from downstairs which means that she's gonna leave already. Both of them hurriedly went downstairs to the front door of the house.

"Joonmyeon, you've been a really nice friend to our daughter. Me and her dad hopes that you continue your success in school and also don't forget to tell your parents that we wish them the best." Chorong's mother slowly hugged Joonmyeon as he looked at her dad, smiling softly at him. He knows that he'll miss this family, whom he treated like a second family because of how close they were. He aurely won't forget the times when this family helped him in his tough times and how they treated him like a second child.

"Thank you for everything you've done, Ms. Park. I surely won't forget the number of times you helped me!" He nodded his head as he pulled away from her hug.

"We also surely won't forget the number of times you helped our daughter, Joonmyeon. If you weren't her bestfriend, then I wouldn't mind you being her boyfriend!" Her father chuckled as Joonmyeon and Chorong blushed faintly by what with her father said.

"Yah, don't say that appa it's embarassing!" Chorong covered her red face and shaked her head. Suho who's face looks red like a tomato, smiled shyly to her parents: chuckling along with her father.

"What? It's true though!" Her father shrugged as he still continued chuckling.

"Mr. and Mrs. Park, it's time to go" The driver announced as they already finished putting their luggaes on the car

"Bye Joonmyeon~" Chorong said softly as she waved at Joonmyeon who has a sad look plastered on his face

"Bye Chorong~" He replied waving back slowly at her as he only saw her back figure as she entered the car.

And that was the last time he has seen her in person. But it didn't stop at that. When Chorong arrived in Japan, the first thing she did was to call Joonmyeon ad tell him that she has arrived safely. And it went on for a few years with them texting and calling each other every single day nonstop. That was probably the only way they had communication to each other. But there would also be times when they would sent letters and packages to each other especially when Chorong is craving for a Korean food. It all seemed fine and they had a lot of ways to communicate to each other. But for the past two years, Joonmyeon stopped receiving calls and texts from her and this made him worry so much. So much that one time, he thought of going to Japan just to make sure that nothing bad happened to her. That was how much he cares about her and he would do anything to protect her.

Joonmyeon blamed himself everyday thinking that he wasn't able to do anything to protect her just because she's in a faraway. Little did he know that the reason she stopped talking to him is because she already went back to Korea to train to become an idol and she has been very busy since then. Joonmyeon on the other hand promised Chorong that they would see each other again so he decided to train to become an idol so she can see him easily. But, fate seems to be playing with them because of all the number of times these two groups met, the two leaders doesn't seem to recognize each other.

Indeed, these two people are in fate's hands.